First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
How do you know you're on stage 2?

You just need the Vin for the ford pass app.
Hi @SteveUk

I emailed the "concierge" at Ford about my build date (which they advised was 8 Feb, so should be fine re: the 12V issue) and where my MME was in the "pipeline" and they explained it was now in Antwerp in Stage 2 (of 4 stages) of the checks.

I must say they have always been really helpful with my queries - which is great!

Thanks for your advice on the Ford Pass App. Is there anything I need to be careful about with the App i.e. anything I shouldn't do!!

Kind regards
David
Sponsored

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Regarding my viewing today. The two test drive cars where RWD SR, Red and grey which is what I drove. The one in the showroom, which they where all around was the AWD ER in grey.
Couldn't really fault the car I drove. My first experience of a n EV and I loved it.
Looks as good as all the photo's which we have seen. Inside is roomy, rear boot slightly bigger than i thought. The frunk, though not massive can be put to some good use. Ice beer and wine spring to mind. Might take the divider out.
Doors open easy via pushing the little button. Screen is massive. Couldn't hear any hums coming from the small screen. Both screens were clear and the main screen responsive. I didn't play around to much with the screen apart from changing driving modes. Had propulsion on which I quite liked, gave it some sort of realism of being in a car.
Found it pretty quick on the open road, although there was not much of that. You only get really 20 -25 mins actual driving, and there was quite a bit of traffic. Used the one peddle drive. Found that a bit harsh to start with, really noticed it when first took foot off accelerator, but by the end was much more comfortable with it. Had a few cars that put there foot down to pull up beside while on small stretch of dual cariageway.
As I say can't fault it, maybe the rear cover for the boot seems a bit mickey mouse, and wing mirrors could be a bit bigger, but not really a problem as the blind spot indicator comes on when anything near.
The main thing is it passed the missus test, could get in/out ok, not constantly knocking elbows on middle armrest, can get grand kids in the back and oh yes it plays music.lol
Will be buying mine def, dare I say even if i didn't get the grant.
Only took a few photo's which are know different to what we seen. plus it was raining.
If you got a drive coming up. Enjoy
Thanks for the update! I'm doing a test drive there on Saturday morning. Was the drive accompanied or did you have it to yourself?

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for the update! I'm doing a test drive there on Saturday morning. Was the drive accompanied or did you have it to yourself?
Just me and the wife done the drive. Salesman asked a few questions, had to take a photo of me holding my driving license. You have 1 hour time slot, but in reality the actual drive, he preferred you where no more than 25mins, might get away with bit longer. I didn't know the area, so was advised on a route to take. Basically out to the M25 turn back, down a road thats got 60mph limit, then back to dealer. The traffic was a bit heavy, which eats into driving time. If you know the area, you might know a better drive to take.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Just me and the wife done the drive. Salesman asked a few questions, had to take a photo of me holding my driving license. You have 1 hour time slot, but in reality the actual drive, he preferred you where no more than 25mins, might get away with bit longer. I didn't know the area, so was advised on a route to take. Basically out to the M25 turn back, down a road thats got 60mph limit, then back to dealer. The traffic was a bit heavy, which eats into driving time. If you know the area, you might know a better drive to take.
Ah thanks! I was planning a 45 min loop via Sevenoaks to get a mix of motorway, town and countryside driving (I'll think about a quicker option in case then!)

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Ah thanks! I was planning a 45 min loop via Sevenoaks to get a mix of motorway, town and countryside driving (I'll think about a quicker option in case then!)
Not sure you get away with 45mins. I suppose it depends when next appointment is after you. No harm in asking if you convince him where your going.
After every drive, it goes back on charge ready for next person.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Thankful for my test drive now then, I had a full hour behind the wheel with no restrictions. Evans Halshaw were very accommodating in that regard! I did have the last slot of the day, which I guess means there was no additional cleaning time at the end to fit the next one in.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Thankful for my test drive now then, I had a full hour behind the wheel with no restrictions. Evans Halshaw were very accommodating in that regard! I did have the last slot of the day, which I guess means there was no additional cleaning time at the end to fit the next one in.
I suppose like a lot of things, it depends on area, salesman, take up of slots. When I turned up, one of the cars hadn't been back long. I went out on my drive. When I got back the other one was going out again.
I was quite happy with my drive, the way it was around that area today it would have been stop start one way, or possibly stuck on the M25 the other way. Those who got drives Tomorrow and Saturday at Orpington could find it completely different.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Is there much point in test drives now? Dave went up to Preston, took great photos and a great review. As have most other reviews.

With the exception of a few people who have negative comments and from what I've seen aren't relevant to my way of thinking, the reviews are all good.

Last edited:

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Is there much point in test drives now? Dave went up to Preston, took great photos and great review. As have most other reviews.

With the exception of a few people who have negative comments and from what I've seen aren't relevant to my way of thinking, the reviews are all good.
From my point of view as someone who has never been in a electric car let alone driving one I had to have a drive and viewing. Glad I did as I now know I definitely be buying mine.
As long as there's no rattles, whines panoramic roofs shattering and the 12v battery gives up the ghost. LOL

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is there much point in test drives now? Dave went up to Preston, took great photos and a great review. As have most other reviews.

I am definitely having my test drive not spending this sort of money without some idea if I like the car in reality not just pics and video. I have my issue with my steep drive which I have documented previously so need to check that out although would need it for hour as I am 40min round trip from the orpington garage. So looks like I will be there with my tape measure and a prayer ??‍♂

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
I am definitely having my test drive not spending this sort of money without some idea if I like the car in reality not just pics and video. I have my issue with my steep drive which I have documented previously so need to check that out although would need it for hour as I am 40min round trip from the orpington garage. So looks like I will be there with my tape measure and a prayer ??‍♂
Can't help you with that. It definitely is OK getting in and out, and it was slightly taller than I thought. As for the ground clearance, hope it is OK. This most probably still not help.

20210415_133831.jpg

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Can't help you with that. It definitely is OK getting in and out, and it was slightly taller than I thought. As for the ground clearance, hope it is OK. This most probably still not help.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20210415_133831
Nice pic ?Even with the measuring I think the only way I will definitely know if it will get up the drive without ending up like the Ever Green will be to try my own or demo when it arrives at the dealer. Hopefully it won't end up stuck although should not cost me 900 million to release it ?.