averyp2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Curently M135i, soon to be Mach E
Country flag
Small update on my order status from my dealer. Mine was on the Grande Halifax that arrived in Antwerp 18th April (IIRC);
"Your car is currently showing a location status of Antwerp with mid-June as the delivery date to the dealer. I haven’t had anything come through about delays on deliveries so far, I know we have some production problems across the range but nothing for models that have been built and gate released."
Sponsored

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Ford says that it will be rolled out only for mapped divided highways. They have mapped roads in the US but I haven't seen anything to say that they have done similar in UK or whether it will be different here. Not sure I would want to pay extra for it either if there is an additional cost which there probably will be.
The Ford rep on my test drive said it was going to be free in the UK. Now, where’s that pile of salt whilst I take another pinch! ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The Ford rep on my test drive said it was going to be free in the UK. Now, where’s that pile of salt whilst I take another pinch! ??
I wonder if that was the same rep who told someone on Facebook that the RWD cars had ambient lighting when they don't or that the difference in the 'moustache' was for SR and ER where it is for RWD and AWD. These so called experts need educating.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Small update on my order status from my dealer. Mine was on the Grande Halifax that arrived in Antwerp 18th April (IIRC);
"Your car is currently showing a location status of Antwerp with mid-June as the delivery date to the dealer. I haven’t had anything come through about delays on deliveries so far, I know we have some production problems across the range but nothing for models that have been built and gate released."
Is that from Hannah?

BazzaFFC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
I have now received my FordPass card in the post, but cant work out how to activate / add it to my account.

Do I need to wait till I actually get the car before I can do it?

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I have now received my FordPass card in the post, but cant work out how to activate / add it to my account.

Do I need to wait till I actually get the car before I can do it?
I think you need the car and the car activated in the App before you do. I had a look and I found something needed doing on the screen in the car itself. Also you don't want the time ticking away before your car is delivered! :)

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Quick question, car is in production at the moment, not sure how long that takes it changed on Friday to in production and official build date Monday 26th, I’ve got the Ford App and loaded the Vin and obviously no details yet, when the car is build, will it auto update to show it, or do I need to delete the Vin and re-add, does that make sense? Cheers!

ozontour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, BMW X6, Mach e FE on order
Country flag
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well! I have been reading and following the forums since I placed my order back in Jan.

I went for the test drive today and drove the EWD ER. I thought the car was very nice overall, not the colour I would of gone for and was not a big fan of the 18 inch wheels, but that is just my preference. The drive was really good and very comfortable, definitely enough punch when you put your foot down. One peddle driving will take some getting use to, but suppose you can always turn it off! I found the drive to be super quite, just a slight noise when coming to a stop using the one peddle drive.

I am waiting on a FE that was due at the start of June, I was told today it has gone back to mid August. the dealer could not really answer much as he was not getting a great deal of information from ford. He did say not to expect the "hands free experience" anytime soon and was not sure if it will be at an extra cost.

Anyway, guess I cant complain to much as I know many of you have been waiting for over a year!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Quick question, car is in production at the moment, not sure how long that takes it changed on Friday to in production and official build date Monday 26th, I’ve got the Ford App and loaded the Vin and obviously no details yet, when the car is build, will it auto update to show it, or do I need to delete the Vin and re-add, does that make sense? Cheers!
When mine was built it took about 6 days, but that was near the beginning of production. My started the process on 3/12 and finished on the 9th. Might be a bit quicker now. You wont get any build updates via the fordpass app, you'll be lucky if your ford account get's updated. Mine updated to 'on it's way' after it arrived in Antwerp on 30th March.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Hay Tim, it sort of makes sense... but here goes...

I'd pretty much ignore "in production" and "on its way" as we have all had different experiences There doesn't seem to be a link to reality. My was in production and yet I knew it had already been made three months before and delivered to Antwerp before it changed.

You can add VIN to the App but it needs to be Activated in the car. A few have been lucky and some engineer or drive has activated but for most the App is useless until you have the car.

There are a host of ways to find other information mainly by hacking sorry analysing the data from the ford web site but Ford seem to have shut some of those down. They've probably been reading this Forum site.

LOADS of information on here but probably best you read backwards from here and remember you are getting further back in time. There are F12 Developer tricks and even some Ford sites which will show you software updates. Too much to repeat here, sorry. :)
Sponsored