UK Customers

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
Just goes to show that the general apathy towards their customers is Worldwide. I know I won't (after nearly 40 years) be buying another Ford.
This is my first Ford. All ive ever had has been second hand Audis. And for norwegian prices it is so "cheap"(no taxes or vat on electric). So Im probably just going to let it slide this time. But if its not here during may, I might just swap it for a GT ?

It could also just be my contact at the dealer. Hes just mumbling away and never stops. I always have to stop him to get the relevant info ?
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Did the Norwegian Mache's get priority due to a business decision specific to that market?

BearStang

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Did the Norwegian Mache's get priority due to a business decision specific to that market?
Most likely, due to Norway's high penetration (in percentage) of electric vehicles we are often considered as one of the most important markets.

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, we did. Ford charted multiple vehicle carrieres just to get the norwegian cars off the docks(Viking Amber and City of Oslo from Gram Car carrieres). And as previously mentioned here, due to low pricing on EVs about 80% of all new vehicles sold here ar EVs. It makes us an important market to get the volume-models to.

Got told another chartered ship are due to leave Belgium with another shipment in 1-2 weeks by the dealer.

BearStang

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Yes, we did. Ford charted multiple vehicle carrieres just to get the norwegian cars off the docks(Viking Amber and City of Oslo from Gram Car carrieres)
First and only ship arriving with cars was Viking Amber so far. :)

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This is my first Ford. All ive ever had has been second hand Audis. And for norwegian prices it is so "cheap"(no taxes or vat on electric). So Im probably just going to let it slide this time. But if its not here during may, I might just swap it for a GT ?

It could also just be my contact at the dealer. Hes just mumbling away and never stops. I always have to stop him to get the relevant info ?
No taxes or vat wow. No wonder 80% of new car sales are electric. If the UK government was so forward thinking I am sure ours would be similar. But instead they have just cut our incentive to buy and still charge tax ?

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No taxes or vat wow. No wonder 80% of new car sales are electric. If the UK government was so forward thinking I am sure ours would be similar. But instead they have just cut our incentive to buy and still charge tax ?
Come on, Boris! But hey, your covid restrictions are lifted. You cant get it all.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Come on, Boris! But hey, your covid restrictions are lifted. You cant get it all.
We are not fully free yet but heading in the right direction ?after a tough year for all not just here ?. I am just glad beer gardens at least are open now but sadly have no shiny new mach e to say sorry cannot drink alcohol but have you seen my new car ?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yes but we are rich oligarchs obviously cos we spend over £35k on a new car!

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
If they want to get EVs to have major adoption they need to increase the incentives and also improve the charging infrastructure. Electric cars are much more expensive than ICE versions.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Anyone, constantly checking for a surprise email saying your car is on route and your date for pick up is _____?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Anyone, constantly checking for a surprise email saying your car is on route and your date for pick up is _____?
NO because I will be waiting for ever. I am convinced that we will get our emails saying that our car is on it's way after we have collected it, such is my confidence in Ford's communication prowess.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
The Q4 E-tron configurator is so much more sophisticated than the Mach-e. To be fair even the US Mach-e configurator puts the UKs to shame. Looking to hedge my bet if this farce continues past august which every day seem more likely.
Sponsored