grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
We have more customs issues than inter EU shipments.
I do not believe that is the cause. Ford, and their shipping agents, have been moving cars from EU to UK for long enough to be able to sort out the necessary paperwork, even since Brexit.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers D9B20498-503A-4191-8904-07FE57F62345

it’s showing as In Transit now, with 19 in the Transit date?
How did you find your order number for such a recent build Tim?

Mine was built on the 10th of April and I'd love to run it through the tracker but can't.

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
How did you find your order number for such a recent build Tim?

Mine was built on the 10th of April and I'd love to run it through the tracker but can't.
We had a different tracker that gave you the order no. They’ve now stopped it and I can only find this one working. I originally ordered in Jan, it took the dealer 4 weeks to order!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers D9B20498-503A-4191-8904-07FE57F62345

it’s showing as In Transit now, with 19 in the Transit date?
where did you find this info? Mine is due for production on the 25th of this month

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
where did you find this info? Mine is due for production on the 25th of this month
It’s the main tracker link but will only work now if you have your full VIN and the 4 digit order no. Which was on the old tracker (which no longer works)

ozontour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, BMW X6, Mach e FE on order
Country flag
Has anyone heard a possible order date for the GT yet. I have an FE on order and if the dates keep slipping along with the price range of the FE, it might be that the GT is on pre-order for a similar price give or take a few K before my vehicle even arrives! Has anyone thought about ordering the GT if their Mach e doesn't arrive beforehand?

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
You can get a quote using just make and model, and then the quote will be valid for X number of days, as long as your car arrives and is registered by then you notify the insurer and the price is locked in. If it takes longer then you would lose the quote and start again.

I too have heard that anecdotally it is cheaper to get a quote about 21 days before policy start, and also cheaper if you do it on a tuesday!!! :confused:
Good point, didn't think about getting quote to lock price. Thanks!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I gave up ,my place in the 5th June club for you guys!

I'm now in the 12th June Club

Goooooooooooooo 12'ees
It would appear that I too have given up my membership of the 5th June club.

The 12th June club is getting bigger :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
Insurance quotes not too bad, just a bit over 400 GBP but excesses seem high between 200 and 600 GBP. I guess that's the insurance companies covering themselves on these new to market cars.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My car, along with a few others, arrived in Antwerp on 30 March. We were told by FordUK, via our dealers, that we should ignore the dates on vista and work on the assumption that our cars would be delayed on arrival in Antwerp by 5 - 10 weeks due to "additional QC checks", which we are all well aware of is Ford speak for fixing the problems that the cars left the factory with. Well 5 weeks was the 4th May so they have missed that deadline. And there was a ship that came in a few days before ours. As yet we haven't even heard that ANY UK cars have even left Antwerp for their journey to our shores. The longer this goes on the more I believe there are major problems and Ford just don't know how, or have the guts, to tell us, their customers. The 10 week deadline, ironically, is due up on the 8th June which falls within the latest vista updates of w/e 12 June. I have a couple of personal events coming up in the next week so I will be concentrating on those and will forget all about the car, well after my test drive on Saturday anyway. Funnily enough Saturday is also my 39th wedding anniversary and my 64th birthday is on the 13th so for this coming week at least I am going to have other things to "worry" about. That makes me feel so old ? ?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
So, according to Money Saving Expert car insurance goes up unless you buy it about 3 weeks in advance. Some of us are expecting a car in about 4 weeks or so, but it could slip, or it could arrive even sooner. The difference in insurance price could be significant i.e. 2-300 more if left, but none of us want to pay to insure a car we don't have yet.

Is anyone planning on buying car insurance before they have a solid collection date..?
Get your quote now for starting in 30 days and each day or 2 go back and edit your quote incrementing the day. You end up with a long list of quotes to pick from to choose when you know your delivery exact date.

I now have in go compare listed quotes from late may through to 6th June.

Also gocompare have an offer where they pay the first £250 excess.

As for insurance, only privilege and churchill for me offer £250 excess , the rest are silly excesses! Like £450
Sponsored

Last edited: