Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
1622734144897.png

[/QUOTE]
I can confirm this as well all UK cars have been stopped and not allowed to be registered by dealers. Apparently they hope to have the updates completed by the end of June ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Just seen this on Norway Forum - is this common knowledge?

Hey guys, I know you are waiting your cars to be shipped from Antwerpen. So do I.
It's now been 6weeks since my car arrived and I thought I should start making calls to Ford to find out what is taking so long.

Just finished my conversation with Ford and I got some interesting news: almost all the EU cars are shipped from Mexico without HVB!! That's right... They are equipped with some sort of light weight transportation batteries to make it possible to move the cars around shipping yards etc.
The reason for this is to cut expenses with logistics. All the EU MME batteries are coming from LG Chem, Poland, so there is no reason to send those heavy battery units across the Atlantic just to get them back in a few months notice.

So that explains a lot why our cars are stuck at Antwerpen and why the EU VIN also points to Ford Stuttgart factory, because they are the ones doing the final assembly at Antwerpen.

The first batch of Norway MME's we're apparently the lucky ones to get the Korean manufactured LG Chem batteries directly from the factory, so the stay in Antwerpen was noticebly shorter for them...

I wonder why Ford is so quiet about this..
So I was able to connect to my car when it was in Mexico using FordPass app. It was reporting a 97% charged battery with a range of 339mile range on it - surely that wouldnā€™t be the case if they had fitted some lightweight battery module. I mean I can see the logic - but to me (just my opinion) it doesnā€™t sound very plausible.

I am aware that some HV batteries are being replaced in Antwerp where QA issues are identified, maybe this is where the confusion is coming from.

Iā€™m the first to admit Iā€™ve been wrong before - so never say never, but it doesnā€™t explain my Mexico data.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD MUSTANG MACH-E - Black - RWD
Country flag
Hi all, Order MachE as a part of Salary Sacrifice scheme at work, ordered confirmed on 16th March was told be available in 10 weeks, in 2 days Ford move the delivery date to Early august and now they moved to Early October. Even though on Ford.co.uk still shows stock availability in 10 weeks. So not sure where to go from here. Ford is adamant that its 7 months waiting. Very frustrating as no info provided by Leasing / Ford. I read few times here named Hannah who manage to provide some update. any chance someone like to share details so I can try and any info as such.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I can confirm this as well all UK cars have been stopped and not allowed to be registered by dealers. Apparently they hope to have the updates completed by the end of June ?
[/QUOTE]
Hi @Hotspur28

Thanks for the further update on the date.

As always, all very confusing ?

As @SteveUk said, what does the end of June mean?

Presumably as all MMEs are (potentially) affected, those currenty out on the road (whether UK, US or Norway, etc.) will require an OTA update asap.

Those UK ones currently in Antwerp would presumably have the update(s) applied there as part of QA.

Which leaves those between Flushing and Dagenham and the dealers ...... in limbo?

I had some good news today that my MME is on the transporter from Dagenham to the dealer (seemed to be confirmed by tappsDateTime), so would it be up to the dealers to apply the updates?

Is the end of June the target to remedy all affected MMEs?

I guess we'll just have to wait .... a bit longer ?
David

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I also had tappsdatetime changes yesterday afternoon and this morning, although the vehicledatetime updated yesterday but not today!!! But I very much doubt I'm in Dagenham as I've now slipped to 3rd July.
Same for me:
tappsDateTime and vehicleDateTime both 02.06 but updateDate 03.06

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Where did end of june come from?
Dealer. By end of June so hopefully sooner. All they have is the message you have seen and await instructions which will be a software update and plug in not ota apparently.

Tatcampbell

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C350e waiting on RR MME Extd RWD
Occupation
Air Traffic Control Engineering Manager
Country flag
Hi all, Order MachE as a part of Salary Sacrifice scheme at work, ordered confirmed on 16th March was told be available in 10 weeks, in 2 days Ford move the delivery date to Early august and now they moved to Early October. Even though on Ford.co.uk still shows stock availability in 10 weeks. So not sure where to go from here. Ford is adamant that its 7 months waiting. Very frustrating as no info provided by Leasing / Ford. I read few times here named Hannah who manage to provide some update. any chance someone like to share details so I can try and any info as such.
Mine is through Salary sacrifice as well . Ordered 2 weeks ago and was told Early January 22 for delivery . I queried this with the lease company and they are speaking to the dealer but suspect the 10 weeks is not applicable to commercial purchases . Iā€™m still waiting for the outcome .

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Presumably as all MMEs are (potentially) affected, those currenty out on the road (whether UK, US or Norway, etc.) will require an OTA update asap.
The USA doesn't use eCall, so those cars are unaffected. We also don't know the specifics, it could be a UK market only issue.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
[email protected]

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer. By end of June so hopefully sooner. All they have is the message you have seen and await instructions which will be a software update and plug in not ota apparently.
Thanks, hopefully as this is European wide it will be sorted quickly due to the pressure.

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Today I arranged to pick up car from dealer on Monday - I can't believe this is happening hope to fix by end of June!!! - ffs

themagicrobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang V8, Bond Equipe, Opel Monza, NSU Quickly, BSA Bantam
Country flag
"Sales and Demonstration hold"???? I wonder where this leaves those of us who have been driving our cars around for the last week or so? When exactly was all this announced? In the last few hours? I haven't heard anything from my dealer so far today by phone/text/email asking me not to drive the car or that it will be recalled. Dunno if that is a good sign or not...although they've never been particularly on the ball about anything.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Sales and Demonstration hold"???? I wonder where this leaves those of us who have been driving our cars around for the last week or so? When exactly was all this announced? In the last few hours? I haven't heard anything from my dealer so far today by phone/text/email asking me not to drive the car or that it will be recalled. Dunno if that is a good sign or not...although they've never been particularly on the ball about anything.
3.20pm.

I've just been thinking about that.

I recon they will attempt to contact existing customers with their cars as otherwise there will be cars that will give out inaccurate locations in an emergency?

Otherwise this is just a stupid panic reaction by Ford.
Sponsored