UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
No reason. I have come to two conclusions , that either they have a lot of MME to sell and have to go through them or that they are rubbish.
Perhaps they have no rush for the money!

And they love showing it off as they are getting a lot of enquiries about the car.

Maybe a good idea in these situations to call their bluff. I want my car or my desposit back would be a reasonable statement.

Or go into the dealership and have some assertive words.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Maybe a good idea in these situations to call their bluff. I want my car or my desposit back would be a reasonable statement.
The only problem with doing that they would probably turn round and say "OK" give us your bank details and you can have your deposit back. They will probably have more people lined up who will have the car, who haven't been waiting as long, who will not mind another few days wait.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yeah that's possible but then they still lose a customer in that scenario.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Yeah that's possible but then they still lose a customer in that scenario.
The way a lot of people on here have been commenting on the way they have been treated by their dealers I really don' t think they look at it like that. I think that there are a lot of dealers who really don't want to sell this car. It is to much hassle, the don't know much about it, they are not making as much profit from the sale as they would from an ICE car and at the moment it is not a volume saleable car.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have just had an email from Vodaphone to say that my free trial for the vehicle hotspot for my car is due to expire in 7 days. Firstly, have I had the car for nearly a month already, and secondly, in all of Ford's publicity material they harped on about how we would get 3 months OR 3GB data as a trial for the vehicle hotspot function. What a load of bull ? Another porkie pie from Ford. Or did they just forget to tell Vodaphone.
What would happen if you didn't renew with Vodafone? Will the car still work as normal- but without you being able to use a tablet on line in it for instance?

Alex_whietehad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
The way a lot of people on here have been commenting on the way they have been treated by their dealers I really don' t think they look at it like that. I think that there are a lot of dealers who really don't want to sell this car. It is to much hassle, the don't know much about it, they are not making as much profit from the sale as they would from an ICE car and at the moment it is not a volume saleable car.
Yeah that definitely makes sense. We tried a few local dealerships (none of them much closer than the rest) asking for info, test drives etc and many of them just didnā€™t return calls or seem interested in any way. Thankfully found a decent one who seems legitimately interested in us, the car and making sure it all goes smoothly. Such a shame it seems to be a complete lottery with Ford and this car and possibly even between salesman at each dealership... however itā€™s not just Ford as weā€™ve experienced exactly the same at Audi, jaguar etc

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What would happen if you didn't renew with Vodafone? Will the car still work as normal- but without you being able to use a tablet on line in it for instance?
As far as I am aware the data contract with Vodaphone is ONLY for the vehicle hotspot. WiFi connectivity is via your broadband routers, if you remember to sign in everytime. My car doesn't reconnect automatically for some reason. All other connectivity is covered by Ford (at the moment). I get shed loads of data free with my phone contract so anyone wanting to use internet in my car will share from my phone as the hotspot. I am not paying for another data bundle when I don't use what I have already got

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Ford have added a timescale filter on their online inventory. There was a Rapid Red RWD SR on today at "less than two weeks". I'd be checking if that one is still there and questioning it Lauren!
@Andeh where are you seeing this? I can no longer see anything available in less than 23 weeks on the link that used to show me upcoming inventory. A link would be fab please.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Yeah that definitely makes sense. We tried a few local dealerships (none of them much closer than the rest) asking for info, test drives etc and many of them just didnā€™t return calls or seem interested in any way. Thankfully found a decent one who seems legitimately interested in us, the car and making sure it all goes smoothly. Such a shame it seems to be a complete lottery with Ford and this car and possibly even between salesman at each dealership... however itā€™s not just Ford as weā€™ve experienced exactly the same at Audi, jaguar etc
Problem is, it's good for the dealers to have a couple of these sat on their lot so maybe they want to delay? It brings people in as people do want to look at the car, but you don't want lots of people sat in your brand new car!!! Time for Ford to get a grip and get these out...If I walked into a dealer today and bought an ICE car, it'd be ready soon as!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My MME was registered on the 26 May. Guess what guys, I am still waiting for my free B&O headphones. Good job they aren't an integral part of the car experience.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
i think with any brand there will be good and bad dealers, itā€™s just Ford has more than their share of bad ones! Although I have heard of a couple of cases where a dealer has thrown in either a Diamondbrite treatment, or mats and boot liner for free to compensate for all the delays, maybe they are good ones who are concerned about the potential damage the Mach E debacle has done to their reputation. My car hasnā€™t made it to the dealer stage yet but my personal experience has been mixed so far, theyā€™ve been very friendly and helpful WHEN Iā€™ve got hold of them, but return of calls and emails is very patchy. Either my salesman is very busy, or a heā€™s bit scatty!

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I have to say my dealer has been lovely. Ineffective but lovely. I feel for him, his hands are tied and there is little he can do.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
My MME was registered on the 26 May. Guess what guys, I am still waiting for my free B&O headphones. Good job they aren't an integral part of the car experience.
Hi Grahame
The most interesting part is that Ford UK donā€™t know anything about headphones. B&O UK as well. ?

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
@Andeh where are you seeing this? I can no longer see anything available in less than 23 weeks on the link that used to show me upcoming inventory. A link would be fab please.
Sorry, they seem to have gone! I should maybe have kept quiet. ?