Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red AWD SR MachE
Occupation
Retired Training Manager
Country flag
I got mine for £376 from Direct Line. £15 less than i paid for my Edge. Excess is high at £500 compulsory and £250 voluntary. Happy to gamble with the excess!!
Sponsored

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Well slap my bottom and call me Judy - AVIVA have stopped insuring the Mach-E o_O

I've done some digging today and while we knew LV (Liverpool & Victoria) said they wouldn't insure the car, we can now add some others to that list.....

Those NOT offering insurance on Mach-E:
  • AVIVA
  • AXA
  • General Accident
  • More Than
  • LV
Those still offering insurance are:
  • eSure (only asking for £150 compulsory excess)
  • Churchill
  • Admiral
  • Direct Line
  • Ford Insure
  • Elephant
  • Lloyds
  • Halifax
  • Post Office
  • Hastings
  • Tesco Bank
Wonder what it is that's turning them off the Mach-E ?? We've already sacrificed no-end of functionality to plicate them.
Hey Judy :), just checked eSure and it does not list the Mach-E either!

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Well slap my bottom and call me Judy - AVIVA have stopped insuring the Mach-E o_O

I've done some digging today and while we knew LV (Liverpool & Victoria) said they wouldn't insure the car, we can now add some others to that list.....

• AVIVA
  • AXA
  • General Accident
  • More Than
  • LV
  • Churchill
  • Admiral
  • Direct Line
  • Ford Insure
  • Elephant
  • Lloyds
  • Halifax
  • Post Office
  • Hastings
  • Tesco Bank
Wonder what it is that's turning them off the Mach-E ?? We've already sacrificed no-end of functionality to plicate them.
They probably don't know that we have 'Ford' keys yet.

Going by previous Ford communications this will probably only come out in time for us insuring for our second years.

By that time the insurance companies will have found some other reason why the quotes have gone up on last year by another £xxx's. ????

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

• AVIVA
  • AXA
  • General Accident
  • More Than
  • LV
  • Churchill
  • Admiral
  • Direct Line
  • Ford Insure
  • Elephant
  • Lloyds
  • Halifax
  • Post Office
  • Hastings
  • Tesco Bank
Someones bored. Great help for those that are yet to take delivery though. Well done. At least you can't be accused of "I'm alright jack"

IronAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD SR
Country flag

• AVIVA
  • AXA
  • General Accident
  • More Than
  • LV
  • Churchill
  • Admiral
  • Direct Line
  • Ford Insure
  • Elephant
  • Lloyds
  • Halifax
  • Post Office
  • Hastings
  • Tesco Bank
I'm with AXA, my policy is finishing soon and I confirmed my renewal with them on Monday. Are they definitely not doing it? If so, they must have changed it since Monday.

AXA were the onit company quoting me less than £1k!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

• AVIVA
  • AXA
  • General Accident
  • More Than
  • LV
  • Churchill
  • Admiral
  • Direct Line
  • Ford Insure
  • Elephant
  • Lloyds
  • Halifax
  • Post Office
  • Hastings
  • Tesco Bank
Yes, it is rediculous

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
For all you folks who came in on Grande New Jersey on Jun 10. I noticed that my car was moved today…not very far, but from the back of the dock right to the very edge. It’s clocked up another mile. In the hope it was moved to the edge of the dock ready to be loaded for Flushing, I checked what boats were next to it. No sign of TOSSA/FOSSA and only GRANDE ITALIA and GRANDE SICILIA. Probably more Mach-e’s being offloaded. So no real update (as I can track the car in FordPass), just thought you might like some information rather than none.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I'm with AXA, my policy is finishing soon and I confirmed my renewal with them on Monday. Are they definitely not doing it? If so, they must have changed it since Monday.

Hi @IronAddict and all

For what it's worth, I used Confused.com and got a really good quote from Ford Insure (which is in effect Admiral) for just over £500 ?

There were cheaper but the Ford Insure cover (Admiral) seemed really good, and their customer help line was also excellent. I think (but you would need to double check) they also do a multi-car policy.

I do live in a fairly low-risk area (I think!) and have a full NCD but may be worth checking out.

I used Confused.com about a week or two prior to the required date.

Hope this may help ?
David

PS: so the car has a Ford Warranty, a PCP with Ford and insured with Ford ....... what could possibly go wrong ?

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi all,

Looking at the US threads, there is a new version of FordPass App (3.26) which is available (Android at least) and I have installed ?

In conjunction with the latest OTA update, this is supposed to provide SecuriAlert, which sends you a notification when someone opens your car ?

It is not clear what version the latest OTA provides - one thread mentions 1.4 another 1.6 ?

As far as I can tell I am running 1.37 ..... I did receive a notification the other day that an update had failed and would re-try, but nothing since then and the car says (as it always does!) "Up to date".

I set the Schedule Updates to this evening and it passed with nothing ? (as noted previously, the car was definitely connected to my wifi)

This really is one area (of many?!) that Ford needs to address as a matter of urgency.

Every other piece of software on the planet (probably ?) makes it easy to see (a) your current version, (b) the content of the latest update, and (c) previous updates/version history.

I guess Ford take the same approach with their software as they do their customer service - don't tell anyone anything ?

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For all you folks who came in on Grande New Jersey on Jun 10. I noticed that my car was moved today…not very far, but from the back of the dock right to the very edge. It’s clocked up another mile. In the hope it was moved to the edge of the dock ready to be loaded for Flushing, I checked what boats were next to it. No sign of TOSSA/FOSSA and only GRANDE ITALIA and GRANDE SICILIA. Probably more Mach-e’s being offloaded. So no real update (as I can track the car in FordPass), just thought you might like some information rather than none.

They're all going to have to budge up a bit as the Grande Florida is arriving on Friday with my car on it! ? :)

Tatcampbell

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C350e waiting on RR MME Extd RWD
Occupation
Air Traffic Control Engineering Manager
Country flag
Not sure if anyone on here has ordered through Epsom but looks like the transporter had at least another 2 or 3 MME on it
Is there a Rapid Red AWD ER by any chance ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi all,

Looking at the US threads, there is a new version of FordPass App (3.26) which is available (Android at least) and I have installed ?

In conjunction with the latest OTA update, this is supposed to provide SecuriAlert, which sends you a notification when someone opens your car ?

It is not clear what version the latest OTA provides - one thread mentions 1.4 another 1.6 ?

As far as I can tell I am running 1.37 ..... I did receive a notification the other day that an update had failed and would re-try, but nothing since then and the car says (as it always does!) "Up to date".

I set the Schedule Updates to this evening and it passed with nothing ? (as noted previously, the car was definitely connected to my wifi)

This really is one area (of many?!) that Ford needs to address as a matter of urgency.

Every other piece of software on the planet (probably ?) makes it easy to see (a) your current version, (b) the content of the latest update, and (c) previous updates/version history.

I guess Ford take the same approach with their software as they do their customer service - don't tell anyone anything ?
The updates have several identifiers (just to add to the confusion). Each OTA has a reference, and when it is installed it will increment your SYNC software build version as well.

As an example last weeks OTA was called "Ford PowerUp 1.3.0", and this updated SYNC to be Version 21139 Rev 263

I believe last week when we were getting Power-Up 1.3 the USA was getting Power-Up 1.4, but they are also running on at least one version ahead of us on the FordPass app as well.

You can see your SYNC version by going to: Settings --> General --> About SYNC.
When an OTA applies you will get a pop up giving the version no. This will stay visible for a few days.

Hope this helps.

Tone

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 431058E4-26FA-4148-886D-693233A89578
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers A4CD7ABD-4CFF-49CC-BCC8-638F06798761

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

I think it depends on which way the wind is blowing with the UK Insurance Industry sometimes!

I also ended up with AXA as they offered the best quote in May when I picked mine up - but when I went to investigate who would and wouldn't cover me today I was surprised how many companies actually declined to cover me.

I've never been declined motor insurance in my entire life and have a fault free driving record since 1987 - so I could only assume that those companies that declined to provide cover were just not insuring the Mach-E.

To validate that assumption I tried the same companies again with my last car (Prius PHEV) and they would all provide cover for that. That's how I made my not very scientific conclusion over who will and won't insure the Mach-E.

Maybe it's more complicated than I thought o_O

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Same here Wonky! If I tried a Kuga top of the range my insurance was significantly cheaper (under half the price) and plenty of selection.

The mache has been around for a very short period - the Kuga has years of insurance history and probably no hassles for parts and fixing when claims are made.
Sponsored