UK Customers

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That's great! Another error on the Ford Website...!
Just been in touch with him and he said it's not a problem. That was Vospers Plymouth, didn't you get yours from Vospers Exeter?
Sponsored

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
I know the feeling! Battling to get Android Auto working and the car does not see the phone as a source of music files. Calling and receiving texts etc works fine. Even the Ford Pass app connected o.k. I presume I need to delete the pairing and start again? Picked mine up today and waiting until it's been detailed by the end of the week before any pics. My number plate does not have a green stripe so does this actually matter? My dealer said they order the blanks in bulk ahead of time so that's why there's no green stripe.
I didn't get a green stripe on mine either. Don't need it, so no issue.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
After 15 weeks of ownership, last night I saw my second MME on the road. The first was a Rapid Red RWD ER at the beginning of July and the second was a Infinte Blue AWR ER. Ironically both cars were driven by the same person. Long story. It was also the first time Black Beauty had been driven in the dark. Must say, the headlights are awesome
Always a pleasure to see you in person my friend. Iā€™m sure Hannah is gonna be well impressed with how many miles Iā€™m putting on this AWD loaner ?

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I didn't get a green stripe on mine either. Don't need it, so no issue.
I've also got ugly metal screws on the number plate which any plastic end caps won't fit as the screw heads are too big. I might buy another pair of numberplates with a sticky backing which will look neater plus no rusting screws and I can have my green stripe.

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
I've also got ugly metal screws on the number plate which any plastic end caps won't fit as the screw heads are too big. I might buy another pair of numberplates with a sticky backing which will look neater plus no rusting screws and I can have my green stripe.
Same here too. Screws but no covers. Cheapskate Ford dealerships. Lol.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Same here too. Screws but no covers. Cheapskate Ford dealerships. Lol.
I can recommend www.ukregplates.co.uk or www.platesforcars.co.uk for good fast service and you can get the fixing kit which gives you drillbit / screws / covers / sticky pads for whatever fixing option you choose.

Last edited:

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I must be blind as I have driven 5500 miles from west wales to Skye and across the country to Canterbury and not seen another mme. They are definitely not common yet. Unfortunately buying an ev has it's drawbacks - had to buy an ID3 for my wife as she refuses to drive an ice anymore !!
Snap my wife has ordered an id3 also.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Well that was a colossal waste of time. I booked my car into my dealer, Gates Stevenage.Today was the earliest date available. Dropped it off at 9AM this morning. Got a call from them around 2PM. They apparently didnt really know what to look for, they ran diagnostics on the heating system and nothing was flagged. They noticed some other modules in the car needed firmware updates so they thought if they updated those other modules it might fix the issue with he heating system, guess it makes sense when you have nothing else to go on. I got a call from them around 5.15PM. They had installed all available updates and the heater still wasnā€™t doing what it was supposed to.They said they were getting ā€˜some heat; and asked if I would pick up the car and monitor it for a few days in the hope that I would get full heating functionality . He said they had called Ford head office for some assistance but they werenā€™t really helpful. I picked up the car just before 6PM, I dont know what nonsense they were telling me on the phone, there was no more heat coming from the vents than when i dropped it off. Basically my car is in exactly the same condition as it was prior tod dropping it off. So I now have to call them again tomorrow morning and book it in again. But the bigger issue is these guys appear to know about as much about the inner workings of these electric cars as anyone on this forum. WTF am i supposed to do now? Drop my car off on Monday for another full day or couple of days for some engineer to google the issue and hope he finds a solution?

Last edited:

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well that was a colossal waste of time. I booked my car into my dealer, Gates Stevenage.Today was the earliest date available. Dropped it off at 9AM this morning. Got a call from them around 2PM. They apparently didnt really know what to look for, they ran diagnostics on the heating system and nothing was flagged. They noticed some other modules in the car needed firmware updates so they thought if they updated those other modules it might fix the issue with he heating system, guess it makes sense when you have nothing else to go on. I got a call from them around 5.15PM. They had installed all available updates and the heater still wasnā€™t doing what it was supposed to.They said they were getting ā€˜some heat; and asked if I would pick up the car and monitor it for a few days in the hope that I would get full heating functionality . He said they had called Ford head office for some assistance but they werenā€™t really helpful. I picked up the car just before 6PM, I dont know what nonsense they were telling me on the phone, there was no more heat coming from the vents than when i dropped it off. Basically my car is in exactly the same condition as it was prior tod dropping it off. So I now have to call them again tomorrow morning and book it in again. But the bigger issue is these guys appear to know about as much about the inner workings of these electric cars as anyone on this forum. WTF am i supposed to do now? Drop my car off on Monday for another full day or couple of days for some engineer to google the issue and hope he finds a solution?

Just a thought- but try asking on the 'main' forum. There's guys in the Northern US and Canada on there who may have experience of this and can point you in the right direction.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Too late for me! I emailed the dealership MANAGER about this a couple of days after picking up the car and got no reply!

But it does look like a warranty can be purchased 90 days or less before the manufacturer warranty runs out - this is part of the reply I got from FordProtect after I tried to get a quote :

"Regarding your query, I can confirm I have looked into this for you and our website error message states that your vehicle age exceeds the age criteria. As your vehicle is currently still under manufacture warranty, we would unfortunately be unable to provide you with a quotation this far in advance.

Please feel free to visit our website to retrieve a quotation at www.myfordprotect.co.uk or contact one of our advisors on the below telephone number 90 days prior to your current warranty expiring.

If you have any queries, please contact the Ford Helpline 0203 510 0062 between the hours of 8:30am ā€“ 5:30pm Monday- Friday. "
The Ford Protect warranty is a different product altogether.

The extended warranty (3+2) is an extension to the existing warranty for 5 years and any dealer can do this within 30 days if you buying the car.

If your dealer says otherwise it is a fob off and you should pursue this if yuh want it.

Even if it is now longer than 30 days you have proof you requested it.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
one day old owner of a MME, AWD, ER.

i researched several EV forums and in the end it came down to an Audi E-Tron or a MME. it was close, but what swung it for the MME was the range and also that dealers still have stocks of MME AWD ERs around, whereas a new E-tron will take 3-6 months to be delivered.

dealer experience also played a part. Audi showrooms are swanky whereas my local Ford dealer looks tired.

however, the Audi sales person didn't try to sell the car to me. he was sniffy and i felt he thought i couldn't afford it or i shouldn't be an Audi owner. i will give him the benefit of doubt on this, however. it is just my perception and he could be having a bad day.

the Ford sales person was super helpful.

i have to admit the Audi has a specific interior look and as a Jag XF driver, that appeals more to me than the MME.

all that said, i have no regrets.

and, i might be biased, but the MME is the best looking BEV SUV out there.

my first post on this board was on the 27th of Aug. two weeks since then, i am a happy owner.

thank you all for patiently answering my newbie qs.

special thanks to @Pomini whose Scotland trip account nudged it for me.

p.s. have driven only from dealer to home. haven't checked out any of the bells and whistles. not even read the manual.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20210910_141838

Last edited:

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
one day old owner of a MME, AWD, ER.

i researched several EV forums and in the end it came down to an Audi E-Tron or a MME. it was close, but what swung it for the MME was the range and also that dealers still have stocks of MME AWD ERs around, whereas a new E-tron will take 3-6 months to be delivered.

dealer experience also played a part. Audi showrooms are swanky whereas my local Ford dealer looks tired.

however, the Audi sales person didn't try to sell the car to me. he was sniffy and i felt he thought i couldn't afford it or i shouldn't be an Audi owner. i will give him the benefit of doubt on this, however. it is just my perception and he could be having a bad day.

the Ford sales person was super helpful.

i have to admit the Audi has a specific interior look and as a Jag XF driver, that appeals more to me than the MME.

all that said, i have no regrets.

and, i might be biased, but the MME is the best looking BEV SUV out there.

my first post on this board was on the 27th of Aug. two weeks since then, i am a happy owner.

thank you all for patiently answering my newbie qs.

special thanks to @Pomini whose Scotland trip account nudged it for me.

p.s. have driven only from dealer to home. haven't checked out any of the bells and whistles. not even read the manual.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20210910_141838
You made a good choice!
Bet your glad I posted a response to you on the XC40 forum :cool:

KBahn

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just been in touch with him and he said it's not a problem. That was Vospers Plymouth, didn't you get yours from Vospers Exeter?
Yes, correct. I ordered my extended warranty the week before pickup so wasn't an issue for me anyway - glad that you can still get it though, as I do think it's it is good value at Ā£299 given it is also transferrable on resale if you don't keep the car over the 3 years. They do need t sort out the documents on their www.ford.co.uk website though as it does clearly say that it needs to be purchased before first registration....