UK Customers

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
It entirely depends. AWD or RWD? 70mph or 80mph?

I recently did a motorway trip in my AWD and at about 75 I was getting 2.9-3.0 with aircon (permanently on) and I don’t use OPD.
AWD and my aircon is always on.
Heck, we both drove Jags. I am sure neither of us bought the MME to drive frugally!

I got 2.9 today which is in your range.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Interesting thread been posted today. Are any of you finding an issue with the audio quality/volume level of the B&O system? (ER owners only, obviously).

I’m possibly picking mine up on Thursday and I’m pretty certain it was built before March (whereismymme doesn’t say the build date, but the Sync version was last updated in January) so I emailed the dealer to check and am waiting to hear back. I would hope it’s on the checklist for the PID but just wondered if any of you had been quietly wondering if your audio was lacking?
Mines been banging sound quality since day one. I’ve obviously got delicate hearing as I’ve not had it any louder than a 7 - didn’t realise it went as high as 30 ?

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Can someone check the play on their passenger side wiper arm please? Driving in the rain for the first time I noticed that on intermittent the far left edge of the wiper blade stopped occasionally as though the edge of the blade was catching on the A pillar surround. Sometimes it righted itself and dropped to the correct level.

I checked outside the car and it's nowhere near the edge of the A pillar. When I lifted up the passenger wiper arm there seemed to be about a half inch of play on the arm itself with a looseness at the pivot end, whereas the driver side was firm. I'm wondering whether the nut needs tightening or is this normal?

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
BP Scole - 3 x 150kW Chargers
Scole SF Connect, Old Bury Road, Stuston, IP21 4AJ, UK

https://www.plugshare.com/location/217852

…and if you are gentle and methodical with removing the plastic plugs the frunk divider will come out very easily. Try not to damage the plugs when you pry them out as you’ll probably want to reinsert them to fill the holes once the divider is removed.

Scott, Grahame and I (there may be far more as well) have all removed the dividers and haven’t looked back since. Makes the frunk space far more usable.
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Many thanks for your post ?

The charger looks great, and we'll be in that part of the world at some stage - and thanks for the tips on the frunk ..... definitely sounds a winner ?

Hope all is good with you,
David

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Can someone check the play on their passenger side wiper arm please? Driving in the rain for the first time I noticed that on intermittent the far left edge of the wiper blade stopped occasionally as though the edge of the blade was catching on the A pillar surround. Sometimes it righted itself and dropped to the correct level.

I checked outside the car and it's nowhere near the edge of the A pillar. When I lifted up the passenger wiper arm there seemed to be about a half inch of play on the arm itself with a looseness at the pivot end, whereas the driver side was firm. I'm wondering whether the nut needs tightening or is this normal?
I have this problem.

What I have discovered is if you always do a “manual” swipe, the blade always returns to normal.

If you have it on “Intermittent/rain sensing” more than 90% of the time the blade returns to a higher up position making it visible through the windscreen. A manual swipe returns it to normal.

I also would like to resolve this

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag

Hi @Jonno21

I've noticed the same on my RWD ER which I've had for more than two months now ?

I think it's when it's on intermittent it does that, but not on full. As you say it does seem to drop down at some stage.

I also noticed the play in the wiper arm.

I'm usually very particular about these things but I'm not really concerned about it - I guess it's "normal" ?

Cheers
David

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Both of mine do it as well.

I *think* I read somewhere that the behaviour you describe is by design - something to do with storing/warming the wiper blades in cold weather?

Of course I could have dreamt that, but I think there was a thread about it ages ago.

If I can lay my hands on the definitive answer I’ll post it.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

This is NOT an issue/problem. It is a design feature of the rain sensing wiper system. You are not technically in intermittent wipe, you have activated the auto system. I had the same system on both my previous Kuga's. It is handy however, because once you get used to it, it is a way of seeing if you have the system switched on. If the wiper blades are fully down system is off, if raised slightly system is on.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Further to my last post, if the position of the wipers while 'resting' in rain sensing mode annoys you then turn the system off. Click the MME icon top right of screen, go to settings, then vehicle, wipers, rain sensing and move the button.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Further to my last post, if the position of the wipers while 'resting' in rain sensing mode annoys you then turn the system off. Click the MME icon top right of screen, go to settings, then vehicle, wipers, rain sensing and move the button.
I was just wondering why there was some looseness in the passenger side wiper arm and not the driver side wiper arm. I'm ok with the behaviour otherwise. :)

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

On the 'play' issues - not given mine a full wash yet but is this the facility that allows the wipers to be moved and lifted of the windscreen without catching the edge of the bonnet?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think I have finally found a solution to the 'my journey' issue of not recording on the FordPass app.
I am using an Android phone and I was aware that when using an Android phone, to use the FordPass app you first have to disconnect android auto. In my previous Kuga to operate AA in the car I had to plug the phone into the car. To disconnect I had to unplug, obviously. As AA connects wirelessly in the MME, I was under the impression that as long as you didn't have AA running in the main screen or if I removed the card from the bottom of the screen, it was deactivated. Apparently this is not the case. Because to use the 'my journey's' function FordPass has to be connected via bluetooth. When connected to AA your phone changes the bluetooth settings on your phone and concentrates on AA. The only way to fully disconnect AA is to go into the phone settings on the in car screen, disable AA and connect the phone via bluetooth. The result of this action is that the mobile app enable button, as mentioned in a previous post, will then be available to change and the FordPass app logo should appear when you press the profile button on the top/middle of the main screen. Make sure the "automatically via app link" is checked in the 'my journeys' settings in the app Once you reactivate AA you will loose the 'my journeys' function. I have NO IDEA what the situation is with Apple Carplay. iPhone users will have to work that out for theselves. Hope this helps.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
AWD and my aircon is always on.
Heck, we both drove Jags. I am sure neither of us bought the MME to drive frugally!

I got 2.9 today which is in your range.
Wow everybody seems to be getting more than me, I'm mid 2's on Motorway runs with AWD SR, 2PD, Climate On and tyres pumped up to max. Range for me is about 180 from 100%.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have this problem.

What I have discovered is if you always do a “manual” swipe, the blade always returns to normal.

If you have it on “Intermittent/rain sensing” more than 90% of the time the blade returns to a higher up position making it visible through the windscreen. A manual swipe returns it to normal.

I also would like to resolve this
See #11,904

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Wow everybody seems to be getting more than me, I'm mid 2's on Motorway runs with AWD SR, 2PD, Climate On and tyres pumped up to max. Range for me is about 180 from 100%.
Why are you, and many others, comparing your efficiency to that of others. There are A LOT of different factors that will affect range like driving style, terrain, weather, equipment usage etc, etc, etc, etc. You might live in a variable height area where someone who is getting "better" range might live in a flatter area. You might live in a more open area affected by windier weather whereas someone else might live in a more built up area. There are potentially hundreds of similar scenarios that will cause a difference. You cannot compare to other people. If you are that worried experiment with different setups/driving styles and settle on the one that you are happy with. Me, personally, I don't give a damn what others are getting. As long as I am happy. I'm not driving mine any different to the way I have driven all my ICE cars, apart from OPD of course. I signed up for this car KNOWING that with my driving style I wouldn't get the claimed 379 range. If I was to get 320 to 350 I would be happy. At the moment I am at the upper end of that scale, so jobs a good one. I have NEVER believed the published mpg estimates of any of my previous cars so why would I think they would be any better for BEV's
Sponsored

Last edited: