First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 12B7EFEC-B3DF-433B-BB96-B899420B3668

Took delivery yesterday and it’s fair to say that this thing is a bit of a sensation. Had to go for a business trip today from Bristol to Woking and back and it’s such a phenomenal drive. Ridiculously powerful, easily able to leave everything in its wake and so composed and clever with just about everything it does.

Had to charge at Leigh Delamere services on the way back as I was at 20% charge and we don’t yet have a wall charger installed at home (off out tomorrow for a bit of a drive, so need the range). Only one charge point there and there was a Jag attached when we got there, but it was at 79% so I assumed we only had to wait for a bit before they came back and, sure enough, they did.

Interestingly, Zap Map said it was a 50kWH charger but the screen on it said 120kWH (Gridserve , by the way). Managed to go from 20% up to 60% in 25 minutes, so I was plenty happy with that.

Now it’s sat on the drive, trickle charging via the granny charger and it reckons it’ll get to 100% at 8.30am… on Sunday. Definitely need to get that wall charger installed ASAP!

What. A. Car.

Worth every penny, though.
Sponsored

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I've not been on here a while, but having had the worst experiences from Ford, I thought I would share some of the larger issues with the cars I have so far driven (please note these actual car problems barely scratch the surface of the other problems I've had with Ford).

Here are some of my experiences so far (2 loan cars as it was taking so long for my car to get here and a variety of mess ups by Ford) and then my car getting here faulty. Some things to look out for when you take delivery:

Mick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd extended range
Country flag
Can anyone help please. My Mach e (bought a week ago) will charge fine with an AC type 2 charger but will not charge with the faster DC CCS chargers. Either says connection problem try turning off or not able to communicate with car. Engine is always off. On first ever charge the CCS worked for 25mins then switched off.

B620155A-E388-46B5-8DBE-35DBA9168428.jpeg

5A451D9C-3F45-4E6B-A11B-FF730DD73FB4.jpeg

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I've not been on here a while, but having had the worst experiences from Ford, I thought I would share some of the larger issues with the cars I have so far driven (please note these actual car problems barely scratch the surface of the other problems I've had with Ford).

Here are some of my experiences so far (2 loan cars as it was taking so long for my car to get here and a variety of mess ups by Ford) and then my car getting here faulty. Some things to look out for when you take delivery:

I fixed that door problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Can anyone help please. My Mach e (bought a week ago) will charge fine with an AC type 2 charger but will not charge with the faster DC CCS chargers. Either says connection problem try turning off or not able to communicate with car. Engine is always off. On first ever charge the CCS worked for 25mins then switched off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 5A451D9C-3F45-4E6B-A11B-FF730DD73FB4

Did you try the app if the charging company? I got mine to work through the chargers app not just plug and play.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I fixed that door problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.
What door problem the noise in the door? Or you mean the door not unlocking? If the latter that is now fixed but it was a big fix that took work from the dealer working alongside the team in Norway.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
That's the same door problem I have.

I contacted Hannah weeks ago who said parts would need to be ordered and she would book my car in with my dealer.

Nothing happened despite the promise made by Hannah so I contacted someone senior at Ford who said it needs to go in for diagnostics at my dealer. At this point I had described the issue in detail with step by step instructions. That was only a couple of weeks ago and Ford claimed this was a new problem.

They did not say anything about a disconnect battery solution.

Mick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd extended range
Country flag
Did you try the app if the charging company? I got mine to work through the chargers app not just plug and play.
I used the card which was ok’d by the machine. The type 2 on the same machine works but the CCS does not seem to communicate with my car. The same happens with 3 different chargers

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag

I know neither of the chargers above are the old ecotricity chargers. I have found the old ecotricity chargers dc lead do not like mac -e's or maybe just mine. I have tried over 10 different ones using their app and each disconnected after a few minutes. The AC works fine and I tend to avoid the old ecotricity ones like the plague.

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag

I have experience with ionity shell and bp chargemaster all work perfectly with my car. Interestingly I was talking to an etron owner who works for audi at gretna green ionity chargers who was moaning at the charging speed of his etron on fast chargers - we compared charging speed - my KW were going in 3 times as fast as his - I left after 15 mins and he was no where near finished

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
What door problem the noise in the door? Or you mean the door not unlocking? If the latter that is now fixed but it was a big fix that took work from the dealer working alongside the team in Norway.
Did you get your original (first ) order?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Did you get your original (first ) order?
No because that needed a lot of work done so we found one the same spec that was already in the country (clearly that has not been a great time saver!)

Davey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
New MME owner since 7th September. For those who have had the power up update, have you got the games and sketch pad stuff that I've seen on cars from the US?

I've had my first minor update but not the Power up one yet.

Thanks in advance

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
New MME owner since 7th September. For those who have had the power up update, have you got the games and sketch pad stuff that I've seen on cars from the US?

I've had my first minor update but not the Power up one yet.

Thanks in advance
AFAIK, only the GT owners and fewer than five other non-GT retail owners have received the update with the sketch pad, tic-tac-toe, etc.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
No because that needed a lot of work done so we found one the same spec that was already in the country (clearly that has not been a great time saver!)
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything get better soon and you enjoy the car without any problems.
Sponsored