UK Customers

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
UK folks, anyone found suspension blocks still left on the springs?
Sponsored

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
UK folks, anyone found suspension blocks still left on the springs?
Not myself but I know people who have found them in Mustang Mach-E's and Mach-1's so it is Ford dealers not doing the PDI's correctly.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Has the drive become smoother now?
Yep, noticeably so I would say. My wife (who doesn't use it every day like I do) has really noticed a difference in the ride, no more rolling and bouncing as she puts it! Brakes have settled as well, not bitey (but that's to be expected). I use Untamed all the time, having tried all 3 I think that gives the better experience for me and I don't notice any real difference in range between them.

When I'm doing the long work trips I find stopping more often for less time works best for me. I charge up to 80% and move on, usually takes about 15 minutes, also helps if you find that the chargers are full and there's people waiting, you just move on to the next without worrying about range. I find the Satnav ok, but I use Waze, which is brilliant for real time travel and works well on Android Auto. I have to use the cable for my phone to work with Android Auto, so I bought a type C cable for my Dashcam and use the Type c socket above for that, I did try a splitter but it would charge the phone but wouldn't do anything else.

What I will say is that 18 inch summer tyres on a car like that makes for an interesting ride on tight wet bends, can't wait for the ice/snow...I used to have the Michelin cross climate and they were brilliant, so I'll be swapping over to them in November and then keep them on next year.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Got another road trip coming up on Wednesday. Just gone to the FordPass app and to 'plan a trip' . Useless. WONT recognise destination postcode, WONT recognise destination address either. Looks like Google maps and android auto is going to be the order of the day.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
So, tried the auto setting, temp set at 25 and got nowt, nothing nada! Departure worked well, car nice and warm for 5 mins from starting off. Just seen a thread on the main page 'No Heat', on there one of the posters has said you must have E-Heat on to get heat, makes sense and that's my experience. Can't see an issue with that, most people will do way less miles than range on a daily basis, electric is cheaper than petrol so crank it up and keep it toasty! I tried cycling E-Heat on/off when it got cold but that is a pain in the arse and makes for an unpleasant driving experience.

Stopped at MOTO Rugby again today, by far the best motorway services I've seen yet, the Gridserve forecourt in Braintree is excellent too, if only we had one on every motorway!

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
So, tried the auto setting, temp set at 25 and got nowt, nothing nada! Departure worked well, car nice and warm for 5 mins from starting off. Just seen a thread on the main page 'No Heat', on there one of the posters has said you must have E-Heat on to get heat, makes sense and that's my experience. Can't see an issue with that, most people will do way less miles than range on a daily basis, electric is cheaper than petrol so crank it up and keep it toasty! I tried cycling E-Heat on/off when it got cold but that is a pain in the arse and makes for an unpleasant driving experience.

Stopped at MOTO Rugby again today, by far the best motorway services I've seen yet, the Gridserve forecourt in Braintree is excellent too, if only we had one on every motorway!
How did you set departure time given the Detroit issue in Ford Pass? Or did you work with Detroit time?

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag

When E-Heat is on, an electric heater is used to warm the cabin and keep the windows from fogging. Turning E-Heat off saves battery power, which extends your driving range. The electric heater is the ONLY source of heat to warm the cabin.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
When E-Heat is on, an electric heater is used to warm the cabin and keep the windows from fogging. Turning E-Heat off saves battery power, which extends your driving range. The electric heater is the ONLY source of heat to warm the cabin.
With Eheat turned off, the other source of heat is supposed to come from the battery cooling system.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
So what is the best strategy for low energy, low hassle demisting the front windscreen?
Using the demist in-screen element and no heating I had an efficiency of 3kw/mile at 11 Celcius compared to 3.5kw/mile that I am averaging. I don't think that is too bad but the constant dance with the demister button is annoying.
Sponsored