Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Interesting to see that from those specs the uk GT gets the panoramic roof & 360 camera as standard. Will certainly going to be keeping my eye on the euro versions of the mach-e compared to the US spec models and see if it becomes classic ford :( with the euro versions end up getting a better overall standard spec to go along with the revised suspension set up.
I will just say GT specs for UK are not confirmed yet - so they may change :)
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
If the standard mustang sold in the UK is anything to go by (all pp1 as standard) then I would not be surprised if the UK GT either gets the performance version as the only version or the standard GT is already part way between.

What I am more interested in is if you get any interior tweaks as this is where US models of the same vehicle always end coming up short :(.

The mk4 focus finally has a ski hatch in the rear portion of the 60 / 40 split, which is oddly absent on the way more expensive the mach-e :( The mk4 focus also finally added felt lined door pockets from all the images from the mach-e reveal seems it have standard plastic :(

Seeing as BEV is generally expected to be quite the lack of felt lining I hope is just a pre-production thing as you going to get noise from items rattling around in the door pockets due to hard plastic which you don't get with felt lined ones,

If the euro versions also get the flush pop up rear headrests all round (not just centre) as it standard in UK / Europe then that will be on my list of modifications :) can't stand the the USA ones that are just the same as the front seats and can't be pushed down flush for improved rear visibility,

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Seeing as BEV is generally expected to be quite the lack of felt lining I hope is just a pre-production thing as you going to get noise from items rattling around in the door pockets due to hard plastic which you don't get with felt lined ones,
This seems quite easy to address for anyone who cares to do so. My car's door pockets are just hard plastic, but I also don't have any issue with things sliding around in there. I did, however, cut and staple some felt into little "pockets" that I attached to the inner side wall of the driver's door pocket (using velcro). In there I placed garage/gate remotes so they'd be easy for me to access but also completely out of sight. Luckily, I won't even need to do that on the MME since it comes with Homelink.

If the euro versions also get the flush pop up rear headrests all round (not just centre) as it standard in UK / Europe then that will be on my list of modifications :) can't stand the the USA ones that are just the same as the front seats and can't be pushed down flush for improved rear visibility,
I guess we'll have to wait to see what the headrests are like once demo units are available. On my U.S. Fiesta, it's trivially easy to fold down the rear outboard headrests, or to remove them altogether. (One button to fold the headrest, and another to remove it.)

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just checked my 1st edition order and the price has gone up Ā£1150. If that is correct I will be cancelling.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 34553114-2C6B-4976-AA37-51BFB776D96D

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Just checked my 1st edition order and the price has gone up Ā£1150. If that is correct I will be cancelling.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 34553114-2C6B-4976-AA37-51BFB776D96D
I believe, or is that hope that this is an an error on the order summary. Surely the 3 paint option was included in the UK FE pricing. As Macchiaz-o points out the Ā£1,150 cost is for a non standard paint on the other options. I would bide my time.

P

robert007ssmuel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-Max, Mach E RWD EX Rapid Red.
Country flag
Ā£1150 is the price shown for the Rapid Red paint. I wonder if this was previously free for First Edition but now isn't? Or maybe a mistake? Others in the UK with a First Edition order can hopefully confirm if they are seeing the same change.
Yep got exactly the same on mine. Got to be an error on the system.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Get in touch with the MME team via customer service centre. They should be able to tell you.
Ford Online Sales Service, UK
Phone: 0203 5644444 ā€“ option 3 :)

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Hi everyone

Thought Iā€™d pop in and say hello. As a potential EV owner Iā€™ve had a good peruse of this site over the last few days and gained a lot of useful info that I wouldnā€™t have gotten anywhere else. So,thanks!

I was initially looking into a Tesla but have to say Iā€™ve had my head turned by the Mach E. It really ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Really looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on with the whole process and hopefully starting my own journey next year.

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tel no must have changed as I rang the one shown and they gave me the correct number...
01327 306616
They are looking into the price issue for me and also as to why my order has changed from 1st Edition to AWD extended model !!

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Donā€™t suppose Anyone heard from Ford UK Re firming up orders, demo days etc? Interesting to see the Mach e roadshows taking place in Holland at the mo. would be good to know thereā€™s plans for UK customers also.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Donā€™t suppose Anyone heard from Ford UK Re firming up orders, demo days etc? Interesting to see the Mach e roadshows taking place in Holland at the mo. would be good to know thereā€™s plans for UK customers also.
I donā€™t think we are likely to see any events in the UK in the near future due to the whole social distancing thing, and the current regulations over gatherings of people. It would be really hard for a dealership to host an event safely right now. I know Netherlands are doing it - but they are ahead of us in managing their outbreak.

Add to that we had a major event in London in Feb, followed by a pretty comprehensive tour of the UK in March.

Iā€™m sure there will be more nearer launch, but I wouldnā€™t hold out for any soon.

As for order conversions - some of us UK peeps have chewed it over and we are estimating August as a potential date. The USA & Canada have started their order conversion already as the orders are being prepared for sequencing on the production line (so the gossip on this forum says)

Hang in there - theyā€™ll get to us soon. :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have asked both of these questions. Just waiting for a reply. Man who can help is away at the moment. If I can I will let you all know if I here anything. But I agree with @Wonky_Donkey, I think August is looking favourite

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
so in the uk whatā€™s the script with charging the Mach e at The ā€superchargersā€ that you get at service stations etc? Will they work on a Tesla charger with an adaptor or only universal chargers? Iā€™ll do 99.9% of my charging at home Or work but just curious what options are if I ever need it.
Sponsored