Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Well... bollocks

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers mache

Dropped off my son's friend at his house this afternoon and they're having a loft extension, so there's a bunch of building supplies outside their house. Went to pull away, thought I was well before the rubbish, but there was a bag of debris that I couldn't see that I drove straight through as I pulled away.

To say I turned the air blue is an understatement.

Let's see what Dentmagic quote me for that screw up. :-(

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Well... bollocks

Dropped off my son's friend at his house this afternoon and they're having a loft extension, so there's a bunch of building supplies outside their house. Went to pull away, thought I was well before the rubbish, but there was a bag of debris that I couldn't see that I drove straight through as I pulled away.

Seems counter-intuitive to press the like button so instead :(:(:(

Baz.W.

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E SR RWD
Occupation
Production Manager
Country flag
I was part of this conversation a few weeks ago, tanks again Mercury8 for the tips. Haven't been back to Scotland recently to test but what has happened is that I've finally got a ChargePlace Scotland charging card. So between Mercury8's tips and the chargecard I hopeful of successful charging on my next visit. At the moment not sure when that will be, but will report back to the forum on any progress. If your not heading till November, maybe also worth trying to get a chargecard...might help?
Thanks for your input, I have ordered the chargecard so hopefully I won’t have to many issues, but its all part of the adventure ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Well... bollocks

Interesting that your forward collision alert didn't activate and engage the brakes.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Interesting that your forward collision alert didn't activate and engage the brakes.
Forward Collision Assist looks for pedestrians and cars, presumably using the radar from the cruise, not the parking sensors.

It's not designed to stop minor parking mishaps, if it did you'd never get anywhere on a single track road as each time you pulled towards a hedge it would stop you.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
I took my car in to the ford dealership due to no heat.
they rang and said that they found the e heat button and switched it on, and now it’s all ok.

i thought the e heat button was just a boost to start and then once you were going it didn’t need to be switched on. but apparently it does.

is this right?
I went through this a few months ago , and took my car into the dealership multiple times. The description of the e-heat function is misleading . It sounds like a boost but in reality it’s the only way to get heat in the cabin . The supposed heat generated by the battery is bullocks. Check out this thread

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/heater-not-working.10035/

Last edited:

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I'm sure in the summer the battery can pump out heat. Just not useful for us when it's cold. I purchased some good winter shoes that will keep my feet very warm. This negates me having to have the heating on as much for sure.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
i have only recently followed the e-heat issue and am now confused. doesn't aircon warm up the inside ambient temp?

or are we talking of a short, quick burst of heating, like a room warmer?

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i have only recently followed the e-heat issue and am now confused. doesn't aircon warm up the inside ambient temp?

or are we talking of a short, quick burst of heating, like a room warmer?
Yes- a room warmer is a good description. There's been a Lot of chat on the whatsapp group about this and one of the members puzzled it out. Basically this is what you do-

Set the temp you want, then touch 'auto' and use that to select the number of bars under the button (1-3) I just use 19deg and 1 x bar which does the job for me as I don't like it too hot.

Now, if you touch the main climate setting button (between the L/H temp setting and volume knob) you should find that 'E-Heat' and 'Air Con' is selected on, but no directions (feet, face windscreen) have been set. Now leave it alone!

You should find that the auto setting will do everything for you- just as you were used to with your ICE cars. I think the confusion lies in the fact you can get fancy graphics that don't seem to be doing anything! If you manually select direction you'll see that 'auto' is now switched off.

I find that the heat comes on very quickly when I start up but soon settles when it reaches your set temp. Likewise with the air con which in the cool weather now hardly comes on. To demist the screen I use the electric heating as you would do the rear screen. This makes little demand on the battery compared to when I was overriding the auto setting and tearing my hair out!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I went through this a few months ago , and took my car into the dealership multiple times. The description of the e-heat function is misleading . It sounds like a boost but in reality it’s the only way to get heat in the cabin . The supposed heat generated by the battery is bullocks. Check out this thread

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/heater-not-working.10035/
Correct! The car can not create heat in this current cold climate with eheat turned off.

stinky minky

First Name
tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD-SR-Carbonised grey
Occupation
Science teacher
Country flag
What I enjoyed about the misleading e heat button was the fact I took it in to Ford who phoned me to tell me they had found the e heat button and now my heating worked. Even after I said that the only way to heat it up was when the e heat button was on!!!

stinky minky

First Name
tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD-SR-Carbonised grey
Occupation
Science teacher
Country flag
Next question is how do you stop the start up function automatically resetting everyday to Detroit?
Sponsored