Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Morning all,

Awaiting delivery of my std rwd (28/02). Very excited. Test drove quite a few EVs but there was something about the MME that drew me in.

looking at getting the pod point wall charger for the house. Anyone got any experience of it? And how long is the standard charging cable that comes with the car?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Morning all,

Awaiting delivery of my std rwd (28/02). Very excited. Test drove quite a few EVs but there was something about the MME that drew me in.

looking at getting the pod point wall charger for the house. Anyone got any experience of it? And how long is the standard charging cable that comes with the car?

Thanks in advance.
Morning Tom
I have PodPoint for over a year. Works for me. Mine come with 7m cable.

TomW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Morning Tom
I have PodPoint for over a year. Works for me. Mine come with 7m cable.
Thank you mate. Thatā€™s good news re cable length, a 5m would have been too short ?. I think I will go with the pod point, price and installation are very reasonable!
Thanks again

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Emailed Hannah today just to see if she had any update.

This is what I received:

ā€œGood evening

Of course. We have been pushing the teams for UK customers to receive a Thatcham approved Mustang Mach-E key, full capabilities of PAAK and the electronic opening of the Frunk since the vehicles started to arrive earlier this year.ā€

Nothing concrete but seems like we might get a ā€˜Mustangā€™ key yet. ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Emailed Hannah today just to see if she had any update.

This is what I received:

ā€œGood evening

Of course. We have been pushing the teams for UK customers to receive a Thatcham approved Mustang Mach-E key, full capabilities of PAAK and the electronic opening of the Frunk since the vehicles started to arrive earlier this year.ā€

Nothing concrete but seems like we might get a ā€˜Mustangā€™ key yet. ??
Given all the issues that those who have PAAK already have had and are still getting I really don't think I want it. What I do want is for them to sort out the issues we are having before they give us something else to cause even more.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
They have always maintained they would replace our keys. They didnā€™t need to say that.

Iā€™m not fussed about PAAK either.

I just want to open the Frunk electronically and from a key. ??

Last edited:

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
They have always maintained they would replace our keys. They didnā€™t need to say that.

Iā€™m not fussed about PAAK either.

I just want to open the Frunk electronically and from a key. ??
I would even be very, very happy with frunk open with 8-0 keys.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I think i am in the minority of MME users because the software and its issues just doesn't bother me.

I bought a car and enjoy it and yes I get it that these days EVS especially are more about the software, but i am happy in my car loving space.

Fact: in the 2.5 months of owning the car, I haven't opened the frunk even once. I haven't had the need to.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Prospective owner here. Seriously considering a mustang Mach e but Iā€™m a little concerned about software issues, phone connectivity issues, a jolty ride at low speed and poor UK customer service. This idea of this car excites more than any other EV (asides from the Mercedes eqs) but I donā€™t want to waste money buying this car too soon if these issues havenā€™t been ironed out yet
I come from owning a Jag and the ride quality difference was very apparent in the initial few weeks of owning the MME.

After 2.5 months I don't notice it now. I don't know if that's because the shocks have settled down or because I am used to it.

On smooth roads and on motorways, the MME floats.

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm struggling to find the/a boot liner though if anyone can help there, please.
Bit late on the above question, but In case anyone is still looking for a Mach-E boot liner Ford are actually selling them on their official eBay store so its a genuine part. No idea why they can't list them on the actual ford.co.uk website, but another route if anyone is struggling with dealer accessory orders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393600074945

Quality is really good.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I got a boot liner from Amazon. Complained that it wasnā€™t very good and wanted a refund. They said keep it and refunded me.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are the models on Ford UKā€™s website the 2022 models or are they still 2021?

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Iā€™ve had the back end go on a few occasions and Iā€™m AWD. Scary when you donā€™t expect it. Iā€™m on Bridgestones which Iā€™ve never liked. Iā€™ll go for Michelin Pilot Sport EVs if I can ever get them
I had a few times when the back has made some bends interesting and I wasn't going too fast. I also had a nightmare in Devon where I could barely get up a step hill due to lack of grip. I've raised this with work (it's a company car) and initially I wanted bigger tyres but I do a fair amount of mileage and the range would have been impacted, they are going to swap for Michelin Cross Climate 2 . I'll see how I get on with those.
Sponsored