Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just had a text from my dealer to say car has arrived in Liverpool, (don't know why as dealership in in St Helens, only a few miles away) You might recall on same boat as yours to Antwerp which car was discharged from on 29th March. I thought it was somewhere between Antwerp and Dagenham so nice little surprise.
There is a regular train from Dagenham to Ford's distribution centre in Liverpool therefore cars for north of England tend to go via Liverpool.
Sponsored

Sapphocat

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Ext Range RWD
Occupation
Advertising Manager
Country flag
There is a regular train from Dagenham to Ford's distribution centre in Liverpool therefore cars for north of England tend to go via Liverpool.
Did not know that, thank you for the information.

richeze

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD std Black 22 model
Country flag
If i'm honest, i think it's a similar situation across the board. I've also got a Porsche Taycan on order, ordered also March 21 and it's still not even got a build slot allocated to date... i'm just glad at least one of the cars i ordered is almost here 😂

Last dealer update was ETA to them 21st May, although i wouldn't be surprised if it's extended another week the way things are going. Is your dealer also Trust Ford Barnsley by any chance?

As for the paint protection, i'm not 100% myself on that one - i'd like to opt for something long term but that side of things is alien to me and i'd have to do a lot of research before committing to the kind of costs i've seen knocking about of late.
I ordered my car from Evans Halshaw, Old Trafford. To be fair, they have been really helpful from initial contact. Much more so than the "premium German brands" .

I got quoted about £1800 for the front end ppt which I thought stupid expensive. For the detailing work and ceramic coating about £700, but depending on if any paint correction is needed (on a brand new car)!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
It's good to see the excitement among the latest batch of soon-to-be owners! Brings back memories of the highs and lows waiting for mine, watching all the way from Mexico! Most of the time my MME has behaved itself, just a few little gremlins and stuck at the dealer for a month January into February but it still puts a smile on my face whenever I hop into the drivers seat! I'm sure none of you will be disappointed... we will be expecting pictures. 😉

Mitrax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E ER RWD
Country flag
I don't know if it helps but it was the 9th of April when I received the car is a step closer email,I then received another mail on the 26th saying your car is almost ready and it was at the dealership on the 28th of April.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Updated my FP app last night on my Android phone and a rather interesting thing has happened this morning. Up until today I haven't been able to make use of the "live traffic" function in the app if I have had Android Auto on, which I use for my navigation 98% of the time. When I enable the live traffic button in the app it always deactivated later. The latest update, so far, seems to have reversed this issue. The FP app icon shows up on my main display and the live traffic tab is visible and seems to default to "on". The active tabs on the bottom of the screen displays that FP live traffic is connected even when my AA is open. Result. Also this is excellent timing as I have received my email saying that my subscription is due for renewal. I wasn't going to renew but I might reconsider it now that it seems to work with AA.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
For the detailing work and ceramic coating about £700, but depending on if any paint correction is needed (on a brand new car)!
You'd be surprised... Ask your dealer to touch the paintwork as little as possible in the preparation and PDI.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Wonder what update this will be. Keep a look out for it guys. It was posted from Ford EUR so it will be interesting to see whether it is JUST for EU cars or UK as well. Knowing Ford, just EU.

Updates for the Ford Mustang Mach-E: higher towing capacity, faster charging, improved driving comfort

May-03-2022
email.png
share-icon.png

1651565796136.jpg

COLOGNE – The maximum permissible towing capacity of the Ford Mustang Mach-E has been increased from 750 to 1,000 kilograms on models with the larger "Extended Range" battery – this applies to both rear-wheel and all-wheel drive variants. Thanks to this increase in tensile load, even a compact caravan or a small sports boat can now be transported.
In addition, as part of a software update, the charging time for increasing the battery capacity from 80 to 90 percent was reduced from 52 minutes to 15 minutes, i.e. an improvement of 37 minutes. At the same time, Ford has optimized the ESC and the chassis of the Mustang Mach-E: The ESC update refers to the three driving modes "Tame", "Active" and "Temperamental". These changes, which are applied to customer vehicles over the air (OTA), result in stronger ESC control when cornering and especially during evasive manoeuvres. The springs and dampers of the chassis have been adapted to significantly improve the balance and comfort of the vehicle. A recalibration of the single-pedal driving function also ensures even smoother power delivery at lower speeds and thus also improves driving comfort.
"The higher towing capacity for the Mustang Mach-E is just one of many improvements free of charge for customers that we are continuously implementing in the areas of hardware and software or through homologation to always provide Mustang Mach-E users with the optimal product experience," says This Woelpern, General Manager, Imports, Ford of Europe. "In particular, the improved towing capacity is a very good example of how we respond to customer requests and implement them when technically feasible."
The Mustang Mach-E, which has now been sold in Europe for over a year, continues to gain customers. Around 88 percent of Mach-E buyers have switched from other car brands to this Ford model.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
I ordered my car from Evans Halshaw, Old Trafford. To be fair, they have been really helpful from initial contact. Much more so than the "premium German brands" .

I got quoted about £1800 for the front end ppt which I thought stupid expensive. For the detailing work and ceramic coating about £700, but depending on if any paint correction is needed (on a brand new car)!
What’s front end PPT? Am I being really daft not knowing?

I bought mine from this same dealership, found them very good and helpful too.

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did not know that, thank you for the information.
What’s front end PPT? Am I being really daft not knowing?

I bought mine from this same dealership, found them very good and helpful too.
Think he means PPF (paint protection film) which is effectively a clear wrap. Can have all or part of your car done and the top quality ones are self healing - if the wrap is damaged by a stone chip it will repair itself. It's expensive but you can guarantee that if you do a partial wrap to save money then you will get some damage where you didn't get wrapped. In everyday use it should prevent permanent swirl marks from washing/polishing as it will self heal.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I received this reply to my email to a trusted source within FordUK regarding my post earlier about the article from FordEUR. It might help some. I can confirm also, after speaking to my dealer, that there should be a dealer applied fix if you are stuck on 1.6/1.7

Thank you for your message regarding software updates.

I have reached out to our product team and they have given me the following information;

For Ford Power-Up software updates, our Connectivity team have confirmed to us that the deployment of several software updates is currently in progress to UK vehicles. These updates are being deployed in weekly batches and this is expected to ramp up in the coming weeks. I’ve summarised the updates in deployment currently and the key updates coming in each Power-Up.

We have briefed our Sales and Aftersales dealers on the following update over the past week in line with the ramp-up in deployment. We have also given the dealers guidance around the steps that need to be taken in the event of customers encountering issues with the download and installation of software updates. Our Customer Relationship Centre has also been given the same troubleshooting guidance to support. If any customers encounter issues, I would recommend making contact with the [email protected].

The improvement in 80-90% DC fast-charging rate is due to be deployed in an upcoming software update but the deployment timing isn’t finalised. We hope that we will see the first vehicles remotely receiving this software update in the next month.

Ford Power-Up 1.7.1
Apple CarPlay: turn-by-turn navigation in instrument cluster via Maps app.
Navigation: automatically makes helpful destination suggestions and cloud connectivity enables conversational voice command recognition together with internet-based search.
Sketch: lets you draw or take notes on your vehicle touchscreen. These can be saved. A calculator and game are also integrated in the app.

Ford Power-Up 2.1.0
Minor software updates: to prepare for new features, enhancements and larger updates that will follow.

Ford Power-Up 2.3.0
Multi-Day Scheduling: for larger updates that require the vehicle to be switched off, this new feature enables customers to schedule and stagger updates for the most convenient time.
Update Now: this feature enables immediate installation of Ford Power-Up software updates as soon as they’re ready.
SYNC 4A: changes to Driver Assistance menu. Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) split between Adaptive Cruise Control and Speed Sign Recognition features. Selecting both will deliver the ICC functionality.
Apple CarPlay: dynamic resizing of the app within SYNC 4A.
On the towing capacity improvement, the UK legislation differs from other EU markets. We’ve engaged our Vehicle Homologation team and off the back of this we are validating the 250kg increase on RWD and AWD Extended Range vehicles (excl. GT) can be successfully offered retrospectively to existing customers. If successful, we would share the required steps with the respective customers and our UK dealer network.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Think he means PPF (paint protection film) which is effectively a clear wrap. Can have all or part of your car done and the top quality ones are self healing - if the wrap is damaged by a stone chip it will repair itself. It's expensive but you can guarantee that if you do a partial wrap to save money then you will get some damage where you didn't get wrapped. In everyday use it should prevent permanent swirl marks from washing/polishing as it will self heal.
I think it depends on how many miles you plan to do and on what roads, I've posted on here about the stone chips (not sure if it's just I'm actually washing/waxing this car!) but I drive 90% on motorways/fast roads and the stone chip damage is significant (I have a black and most of the chips are down to the white base coat). So much so that if I had a new Mach e that I bought myself (mines a company car) I would invest in the wrap.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
On another topic. After driving my car for 2 weeks since I had the pano roof/windscreen fix done I have noticed an improvement in overall wind noise around the car. Although what I had was not excessive it now definitely seems less.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Are Ford implying they can do this with a software fix:-

"The springs and dampers of the chassis have been adapted to significantly improve the balance and comfort of the vehicle"

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag