Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I don’t think the affected vehicles have been flagged in PTS/OASIS yet. :(
You are probably right. Took them ages to get the screen/roof on the system. I knew about it before my dealer.
"D" day tomorrow??????? 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Update on mine... got a call from the dealer today saying they'll be delivering my MME Monday 23rd May as they're so far away from my location. Very happy and it's going to be a long weekend for sure! 😂 - let us know when you've picked yours up today (i assume this is still happening?)

One thing i wanted to ask, and i'm aware that a lot of tips / tricks have been posted, but i'd like to get some advice on 'new MME owner' type things that you guys might be willing to pass on?

Things like settings and basics new owners would benefit from knowing etc (basically stuff you wish you knew when you first got your MME's), just so i can get the best start possible when she arrives.

Incidentally, i've settled on the name 'Stella', purely due to the 'Space White' element haha.

Any advice, tips or tricks would be welcome - just can't wait to get her out on the road now, it has been a long wait!

Thanks guys.
The best tip I can give you is to resist the temptation to jump right in and drive it off the forecourt but to sit and play with the settings and to get used to the large screen first. Most of the settings are self explanatory and will be easy for you. Some you will need to set up and then perhaps "tweek" when you are on the road. It is a lot easier (and safer) to get to know your way round the screen first. I JUST WISH I HAD FOLLOWED MY OWN ADVICE 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AzumA

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD Space White
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
The best tip I can give you is to resist the temptation to jump right in and drive it off the forecourt but to sit and play with the settings and to get used to the large screen first. Most of the settings are self explanatory and will be easy for you. Some you will need to set up and then perhaps "tweek" when you are on the road. It is a lot easier (and safer) to get to know your way round the screen first. I JUST WISH I HAD FOLLOWED MY OWN ADVICE 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Many thanks for the great advice Grahame, most appreciated. You know me so well, that’s exactly what I would be doing (driving away as soon as I see it) 😂

I’ll be sure to have a little play around with the screen to get a little familiar, I guess that familiarity will come in time but definitely appreciate the advice with regards to doing that beforehand haha.

On that note… any settings you suggest me focusing on that might make my life (and drive) easier? i.e. any settings which are a must for new owners, or is it simply a case of personal preference?

Thanks again.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Many thanks for the great advice Grahame, most appreciated. You know me so well, that’s exactly what I would be doing (driving away as soon as I see it) 😂

I’ll be sure to have a little play around with the screen to get a little familiar, I guess that familiarity will come in time but definitely appreciate the advice with regards to doing that beforehand haha.

On that note… any settings you suggest me focusing on that might make my life (and drive) easier? i.e. any settings which are a must for new owners, or is it simply a case of personal preference?

Thanks again.

Hi @AzumA - I fully concur with Grahame. I would add what I did- Firstly make sure you're comfortable and can see well- I'm a small guy and need the seat set high to give me a good forwards vision. Same with steering wheel- it adjusts in and out as well as up and down. I know this all sounds boring-but if you're comfortable and confident behind the wheel the more you'll enjoy your first drives. It is a big car and if you're not used to that...

Set your driving mode to Active to start with, and be careful about one pedal braking until you're familiar with the car. The rest of the settings? They can wait until you get the car home and can spend time going through it all.

It's great fun and I guarantee you'll keep changing things over several days until it's how you want it!

AzumA

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD Space White
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Hi @AzumA - I fully concur with Grahame. I would add what I did- Firstly make sure you're comfortable and can see well- I'm a small guy and need the seat set high to give me a good forwards vision. Same with steering wheel- it adjusts in and out as well as up and down. I know this all sounds boring-but if you're comfortable and confident behind the wheel the more you'll enjoy your first drives. It is a big car and if you're not used to that...

Set your driving mode to Active to start with, and be careful about one pedal braking until you're familiar with the car. The rest of the settings? They can wait until you get the car home and can spend time going through it all.

It's great fun and I guarantee you'll keep changing things over several days until it's how you want it!
Thanks Tony, all helpful believe me! I’m 6ft but I’ll adjust everything and will take it easy until I get a feel for the vehicle. I’m keeping my excitement in check for the time being so as to enjoy the experience as much as possible.

I’m sure as the days go by I’ll notice new things all the time and will take your advice on the OPD and active setting. I guess it’s all a learning curve and one I’ll enjoy the more I drive her.

Thanks again for your help and advice, no doubt I’ll be asking more (possibly obvious to you) questions next week when she finally arrives! 😂

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Thanks Tony, all helpful believe me! I’m 6ft but I’ll adjust everything and will take it easy until I get a feel for the vehicle. I’m keeping my excitement in check for the time being so as to enjoy the experience as much as possible.

I’m sure as the days go by I’ll notice new things all the time and will take your advice on the OPD and active setting. I guess it’s all a learning curve and one I’ll enjoy the more I drive her.

Thanks again for your help and advice, no doubt I’ll be asking more (possibly obvious to you) questions next week when she finally arrives! 😂
Will be obvious but in the excitement don't forget to set your door mirrors for maximum visibility before you drive off. (Lesson learnt by me);)

I'm 6ft 2 and need the drivers seat all the way down otherwise I can't adjust the rear view mirror to how I need it which won't adjust above a certain angle. (For me anyway).

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a general comment. I still find my car exciting even after 8 months. I smile everytime I get in it. Never had this with any of my previous cars.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just a general comment. I still find my car exciting even after 8 months. I smile everytime I get in it. Never had this with any of my previous cars.
I'm the same and I have had mine for a year next week

AzumA

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD Space White
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Always good to hear! haha.

Although you're not helping my excitement levels right now 😂

JohnG789

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 540c, , Abarth 124 spider ,SLK AMG, Mach-e
Occupation
Managing Director
Country flag
Not long now …..
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers CD66C88D-13BA-422F-A52C-906B94A70FC8

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Tesla has opened 12 superchargers up to non Tesla cars today.
EXCITING NEWS! For UK drivers,
@tesla
opens up 16 stations to non-Tesla drivers today. Access via Tesla app (not showing as of 2pm UK) No confirmation on rate per kWh Discounted kWh rate with £10.99 monthly sub Source: https://evne.ws/3PsIP86

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers tesla

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla has opened 12 superchargers up to non Tesla cars today.
EXCITING NEWS! For UK drivers,
@tesla
opens up 16 stations to non-Tesla drivers today. Access via Tesla app (not showing as of 2pm UK) No confirmation on rate per kWh Discounted kWh rate with £10.99 monthly sub Source: https://evne.ws/3PsIP86

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers tesla
Depends if we have to play charging cable gymnastics between the charge port and the confines of the parking space. See Bjorn Nyland's YouTube channel.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Say Hi to Bumblebee… 😍

Proper glam shots to come later :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 8647B4A3-2A75-4ECD-BD2A-58DB79454148

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 8979E7D6-5099-4439-BC7C-C14CE0F2F53C

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Say Hi to Bumblebee… 😍

Proper glam shots to come later :)

Hooray. Looks spectacular. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh. We will have to arrange a road trip when I get back from my holiday. Hope it is better than 'Big Red' in all respects. Have fun and enjoy.