Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Care to share the invite with the rest of us (once you've confirmed your place of course)?
So it looks like the invite is just a link to the Ford Europe YouTube Channel. The event itself looks like pre-recorded movie, with a live Twitter Q&A afterwards

"In a film lasting approximately 60 minutes, you will see behind-the-scenes and discover how it all began, from the early designs to the finished product that will start arriving in the UK from early 2021." Links to: https://www.youtube.com/user/fordofeurope

So it should be open to.anybody who wants to watch

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Here is the full email invite (I hope)
Screenshot_20201021-182208_Outlook.jpg
Nice to see good marketing in action. I gave up hope of experiencing that here in the States. Too many barriers here between manufacturer and end user.
Pretty cool what they are doing over there though...

Edit: To be clear. We had helpful web events and other stuff. The issue I speak of is the complete absence of any personal notification from marketing departments of any kind. They should have access to my contact info so it is reasonable to expect some sort of direct communication like shown here for folks in UK.

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
One day I hope to get one of these fabled Ford emails! Until that day, I must remain strong! ? ?
Question for you... did you order, then change the original order in any way?

The reason I ask is I had two reservations initially - and then cancelled one. That resulted in me getting wiped off the pre-order mailing lists completely even though I still had one active reservation. Took me quite a while to get it sorted and get them to add me back.

Wondered if that was why you aren’t getting any emails? Just curious.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

The reason I ask is I had two reservations initially - and then cancelled one. That resulted in me getting wiped off the pre-order mailing lists completely even though I still had one active reservation. Took me quite a while to get it sorted and get them to add me back.

I've received 2-3 emails in response to my signing up to "keep in touch".

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So it looks like the invite is just a link to the Ford Europe YouTube Channel. The event itself looks like pre-recorded movie, with a live Twitter Q&A afterwards

"In a film lasting approximately 60 minutes, you will see behind-the-scenes and discover how it all began, from the early designs to the finished product that will start arriving in the UK from early 2021." Links to: https://www.youtube.com/user/fordofeurope

So it should be open to.anybody who wants to watch
I went ahead and Subscribed and Smashed That Bell. Now I'm registered for this event. ;)

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Heat pump is a must-have, wife will boycott otherwise, she is freezing all the time and the aircon is on all the time :) No way we are going to save on that, unfortunately.
You'll have a warm and toasty cabin without heat pump.

The car has an electric heater. It will consume non-trivial amount of energy. But it will heat the cabin faster than most (all?) ICE that depend on waste heat from the engine.

Heat pump doesn't provide additional functionality. It reduces energy consumption.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag

I’m just going with the theory that’s it’s because I’m only a relatively new pre-order (early September). There’s got to be some perks to being at the front of the queue like you guys, right?!

I know I’m not going to be getting my car at the same time as the forum ‘veterans’ on here? I’m ok with that.

Would’ve have been nice to get an email or two with some information. Have checked my emails and the only one I have received is the one confirming the pre-order. ?‍♂

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I’m just going with the theory that’s it’s because I’m only a relatively new pre-order (early September). There’s got to be some perks to being at the front of the queue like you guys, right?!

I know I’m not going to be getting my car at the same time as the forum ‘veterans’ on here? I’m ok with that.

Would’ve have been nice to get an email or two with some information. Have checked my emails and the only one I have received is the one confirming the pre-order. ?‍♂
I ordered in October and still got the email invite.

Donfanatico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEAT Tarraco
Country flag
You'll have a warm and toasty cabin without heat pump.

The car has an electric heater. It will consume non-trivial amount of energy. But it will heat the cabin faster than most (all?) ICE that depend on waste heat from the engine.

Heat pump doesn't provide additional functionality. It reduces energy consumption.
Is that right, cool. DO we know roughly how much a heat pump contributes to energy consumption reduction?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just to rub salt into the wounds of those of you who AREN'T receiving email. My wife has had exactly the same emails that I have, even inviting her to the event next week. The only problem with that? She hasn't signed up for an MME. Hasn't signed up for the "keep me informed" emails about the MME. She hasn't even got a ford account.
Oh dear. Maybe she has and is keeping it a secret from me. Perhaps we will have 2 ponies in our new stable(although it's not that big). This could be interesting ???

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Is that right, cool. DO we know roughly how much a heat pump contributes to energy consumption reduction?
This is a pretty good video which goes into all of that:

Personally, it’s not going to effect me much as I don’t drive crazy miles where I need every ounce of available range. So I am thappy to use the electric heater for instant heat, for a short period of time at the expense of some range. It will take a heat pump a good few miles to start pumping out warm air, where as the electric heater will do so instantly. So I’d do a quick blast on very cold days where the heated seats and wheel are not enough, then turn it off, as the cabin should stay warm for a while. On longer journeys, it can preserve some of your range, but I’m going to have to be stopping to charge anyway, so I’m not really that bothered... I don’t think the benefit of a heat pump is great enough to make much of a difference to my driving styles and distances.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Have just reread the email I received about the event next Tuesday. It would seem to me that there will not be any new news contained in it. I hope I am wrong but I think it will contain things that most of us already have found out on this forum. I'm still going to watch it and hope I'm proved wrong.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I ordered in October and still got the email invite.
That’s a wee bit concerning. I’d better get my finger out and contact them to make sure everything is ok!
Thanks for letting me know ?
Sponsored