Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Just to rub salt into the wounds of those of you who AREN'T receiving email. My wife has had exactly the same emails that I have, even inviting her to the event next week. The only problem with that? She hasn't signed up for an MME. Hasn't signed up for the "keep me informed" emails about the MME. She hasn't even got a ford account.
Oh dear. Maybe she has and is keeping it a secret from me. Perhaps we will have 2 ponies in our new stable(although it's not that big). This could be interesting ???
Now you’re just showing off!? If your wife ever gets an email about a Rapid Red MME let me know as she may be getting my emails!?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Have just reread the email I received about the event next Tuesday. It would seem to me that there will not be any new news contained in it. I hope I am wrong but I think it will contain things that most of us already have found out on this forum. I'm still going to watch it and hope I'm proved wrong.
Prediction: The film team that did that sharp Sync 4A video started with the best bits of the 4 webinars we already had over here, the EU Sync 4A release, and other existing presentations. They pulled in the usual B-roll and does a bit to add a euro-centric flavor and translates (hopefully voice-over) it into Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, German, French, British, etc. Maybe each language even gets its own studio-filmed wrapper. The cut it down to a 60 minute video.

They “broadcast” it live once for each country with a team of local language experts on Twitter. Repeat for each country or language (Swiss get their choice of 3 language options). These all go into a library on YouTube.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Prediction: The film team that did that sharp Sync 4A video started with the best bits of the 4 webinars we already had over here, the EU Sync 4A release, and other existing presentations. They pulled in the usual B-roll and does a bit to add a euro-centric flavor and translates (hopefully voice-over) it into Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, German, French, British, etc. Maybe each language even gets its own studio-filmed wrapper. The cut it down to a 60 minute video.

They “broadcast” it live once for each country with a team of local language experts on Twitter. Repeat for each country or language (Swiss get their choice of 3 language options). These all go into a library on YouTube.
Nail on the head.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Wow. Posts on this forum are going through the roof at the moment now that our friends across the pond are getting their VIN's, estimated build dates and also various roadshows. To say that I am jealous is an understatement. I green with envy, especially as we haven't even been asked to confirm our orders yet. Some consolation, we are getting some really good reviews coming in. Keep up the good work guys. Hopefully we will there with you soon

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow. Posts on this forum are going through the roof at the moment now that our friends across the pond are getting their VIN's, estimated build dates and also various roadshows. To say that I am jealous is an understatement. I green with envy, especially as we haven't even been asked to confirm our orders yet. Some consolation, we are getting some really good reviews coming in. Keep up the good work guys. Hopefully we will there with you soon
Everyone without a build date is green with envy atm. I think some Dramamine or Kwells will help with that. ;)

In all seriousness, I hope the build dates start spreading all over the place quite soon, including the locations with right-hand drive.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
including the locations with right-hand drive.
Thanks... but I think we’re the only ones who are RHD... which makes me think we’re gonna be last to be built... and probably end up having to pay more under a no deal WTO Brexit ????

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
it's really weird because in NL a few cars already got their VIN's assigned, build-week known and delivery week known. See Dutch topic.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks... but I think we’re the only ones who are RHD... which makes me think we’re gonna be last to be built... and probably end up having to pay more under a no deal WTO Brexit ????
I still think ours will be made in December if they are sticking to the 'early 2021' delivery estimate. It was reported in the Mail on line a couple of weeks ago that Which did a survey of all the major car makers asking if, in the event of a no deal, they would absorb any tariff cost or pass on to consumer. Ford (UK I think) said they would honour the price quoted of any car that was ordered before 31st December but after that the price would increase. ????

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
If these cars come from Mexico or USA does Brexit make any difference?

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
J'ai appelé mon concessionnaire hier, et à priori après s'être renseigné, l'UE devrait passer de réservation à commande en novembre, sans date précise et pas tous les pays ensemble. À mon avis en premier les pays scandinaves et la Hollande, et ensuite peu être la France ?. Une livraison au plus tard en mars pour ma FE. Mais il m'a dit de rester optimiste pour fin janvier début février. J'ai aussi appelé Ford en ligne qui m'a dit à peu près la même chose, commande en novembre et livraison 1er trimestre. Ce qui veut dire encore au maximum 5 mois d'attente, ça va être long.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If these cars come from Mexico or USA does Brexit make any difference?
It will do if there is a EU collective import agreement in place. I did read somewhere the other day that trade deal discussions are underway with Mexico so keep ??

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
To be perfectly honest, I know sweet FA about trade and tariffs, I was just being pessimistic for dramatic effect. As Graham says ??

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Excuse me for some vague UK parochial deliberation. I am starting to consider EVSE home charging solutions in anticipation.

I would be interested in the view of others.

Since the MME reveal Ford have been talking about and promoting in publicity material a Ford home charging solution called the connected home charger. Inferring that it might provide some additional or improved facility over other similar chargers. Also that it was universally available not US specific and it’s purchase and installation could be arranged through Ford.

A couple of points:
It would appear that the charger is not currently available even in the US.
I have seen no specification data for the charger nor confirmation that it will be available outside the US. It does have higher power capacity than is typical in the UK.
Ford have some tie up in the UK with Centrica, a utility company, in other European counties different utility companies. However I can find no detail on this, whether it is installation only, supply and installation or whether it is tied to some electricity supply tariff.

Interestingly on the Ford UK price list it lists the following EVSE as an option inferring that this is their recommendation and there would be no Ford Charger. No mention of installation. This would lead one to assume that there is no UK Ford charger.

Electrification EVBox* Elvi Wall Box, polar white Elvi Pole 2450629 2443735 £797.42 £488.00

I am not precious about the type of charger, other than it being reliable, quiet, and smart in both senses of the word. (Any recommendations)

In the UK I understand that it is necessary to have an order in place and an indication of delivery before arranging for an installation that qualifies for a grant. I just hope that more information is available when it comes to place an order for the car. As with all things it would be good to have this information now as options could be considered.

I realise some pre-bookers will already have BEV’s and charging solutions in place. I would be interested in the thoughts of others.

Clearly my post does not have the excitement of a test drive or build date! I am making do with slightly more prosaic issues.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Excuse me for some vague UK parochial deliberation. I am starting to consider EVSE home charging solutions in anticipation.

I would be interested in the view of others.

Since the MME reveal Ford have been talking about and promoting in publicity material a Ford home charging solution called the connected home charger. Inferring that it might provide some additional or improved facility over other similar chargers. Also that it was universally available not US specific and it’s purchase and installation could be arranged through Ford.

A couple of points:
It would appear that the charger is not currently available even in the US.
I have seen no specification data for the charger nor confirmation that it will be available outside the US. It does have higher power capacity than is typical in the UK.
Ford have some tie up in the UK with Centrica, a utility company, in other European counties different utility companies. However I can find no detail on this, whether it is installation only, supply and installation or whether it is tied to some electricity supply tariff.

Interestingly on the Ford UK price list it lists the following EVSE as an option inferring that this is their recommendation and there would be no Ford Charger. No mention of installation. This would lead one to assume that there is no UK Ford charger.

Electrification EVBox* Elvi Wall Box, polar white Elvi Pole 2450629 2443735 £797.42 £488.00

I am not precious about the type of charger, other than it being reliable, quiet, and smart in both senses of the word. (Any recommendations)

In the UK I understand that it is necessary to have an order in place and an indication of delivery before arranging for an installation that qualifies for a grant. I just hope that more information is available when it comes to place an order for the car. As with all things it would be good to have this information now as options could be considered.

I realise some pre-bookers will already have BEV’s and charging solutions in place. I would be interested in the thoughts of others.

Clearly my post does not have the excitement of a test drive or build date! I am making do with slightly more prosaic issues.
The MME comes with a Ford Variopower lead which will have a 3 pin plug for normal 16 amp sockets and a 3 pin commando plug to fit a 32 amp commando socket. This is the charging solution that I am going for in my new stable. £32 for socket and the cost of 15 metres 6mm twin &earth cable and 40amp fuse. Job done (or will be soon) for a fraction of the cost of a wall box even after grant. My local dealer (who I cant buy the MME from) has a wall box in his showroom that he had to buy from Ford to display. I would imagine your dealer should have one too. They are not specific to MME.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I'm just popping in to add another wrinkle to the question of what EVSE Ford will market for the UK.

I noticed that at the end of the "Remote Vehicle Setup" interview in the FordPass app, there appear to be a few marketing placeholders. Nothing happens when I tap them, and there's nearly no information shown, which is why I'm assuming they are placeholders.

One of them is a picture of this charger:
https://charging.webasto.com/int/products/webasto-pure/

We know, at least according to a Webasto employee who used to be active on this forum (quite a long time ago now), that the two Ford-branded EVSEs marketed for North America are being supplied/built by Webasto.

So perhaps the Webasto Pure is or will be the basis of one of Ford's offerings for Europe? (It's a Type 2 offering, compatible with European standards but not N.A.) There's also "Webasto Live" which is the "smart" version of same.
Sponsored