Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Depends what you want.
I ordered Pod point 10 days ago.
Andersen is a good one but a bit expensive.
For cheap one you can get Chargemaster second hand for 150£ ( simple but do the job)
I ordered Pod point because have all futures which I need and is a relatively good price.
For OLEV grant you need to have a order and delivery date.
Thanks. I have been looking at Anderson as the house is in a conservation area and although bulky and pricy are available in a range of finishes. The other option is a tiny evo type unit (Then untethered) or putting it in the garage with the associated issues of managing car parking or feeding the cable externally on occasions to charge outside. Whichever route I go I can rest assured that ultimately I will wish I had adopted the other.
It does appear that most manufactures have addressed the PEN fault issue with some magic device and for others, including the tesla EVSE there are third party devices that can be installed on the supply to negate the Earth rod requirement and satisfy the regs.
I am coming to the conclusion that there is no UK Ford connected wall unit and likely no particular benefit in purchasing the ELVI unit as an option as it will likey introduce more parties in the mix and complicate installation planning. Better to manage it all oneself.
Sponsored

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Thanks. I have been looking at Anderson as the house is in a conservation area and although bulky and pricy are available in a range of finishes. The other option is a tiny evo type unit (Then untethered) or putting it in the garage with the associated issues of managing car parking or feeding the cable externally on occasions to charge outside. Whichever route I go I can rest assured that ultimately I will wish I had adopted the other.
It does appear that most manufactures have addressed the PEN fault issue with some magic device and for others, including the tesla EVSE there are third party devices that can be installed on the supply to negate the Earth rod requirement and satisfy the regs.
I am coming to the conclusion that there is no UK Ford connected wall unit and likely no particular benefit in purchasing the ELVI unit as an option as it will likey introduce more parties in the mix and complicate installation planning. Better to manage it all oneself.
If I have solar panels and time, probably I will go with Andersen. For me was important to be smart, tethered without Earth rod and quick installation.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
When I had the house completely renovated I installed a dedicated fuse box with 40A supply to the front of the house. I have a junction box ready, with earth. I think I will get a pod-point.
Waiting for a vin or something to get that grant. The only issue is which length cable to get. Any guesses if the charge port on the car will stay on the same side for the RHD (drivers side)? The website images show that but until there is an actual RHD version to see I'm not sure.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
When I had the house completely renovated I installed a dedicated fuse box with 40A supply to the front of the house. I have a junction box ready, with earth. I think I will get a pod-point.
Waiting for a vin or something to get that grant. The only issue is which length cable to get. Any guesses if the charge port on the car will stay on the same side for the RHD (drivers side)? The website images show that but until there is an actual RHD version to see I'm not sure.
I have been reliably informed by the MME concierge that the charge port will be on the left wing, ie near side

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Opposite of the Ford UK website images.
The pictures I can see on Ford UK seem to show the port on the left. I think anything else would probably be as a result of flipping the image to show RHD.
I can’t see them changing the charging layout for the UK. I hope not anyway as left hand side would be ideal for me! ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Opposite of the Ford UK website images.
Not quite sure what pictures you have seen. All the ones I have seen on FordUK website have all been on the left which is why I asked the question to the concierge if the door is on the same side regardless of whether it is LHD or RHD. She assured me it was.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Not quite sure what pictures you have seen. All the ones I have seen on FordUK website have all been on the left which is why I asked the question to the concierge if the door is on the same side regardless of whether it is LHD or RHD. She assured me it was.
The confusion is due to the stearingwheel being on the same side as the charger in the image. So not near side.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
The confusion is due to the stearingwheel being on the same side as the charger in the image. So not near side.
I’ve not saw that but I presume that’s just going to be a picture of a LHD mirrored to look like a RHD...
Where abouts on the Ford UK site did you see the picture?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The confusion is due to the stearing wheel being on the same side as the charger in the image. So not near side.
As I am in the UK and presumably you are as well I was referring to the position of the charge port for OUR cars. You are quite correct in saying that the pictures show the charge port on the same side of the steering wheel so therefor not nearside but these are US spec cars and they drive on the wrong side of the road. As I have said, our cars will have the charge port on the left, which is OUR nearside. This is confirmed by a trusted source

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Here is a photo of an actual real in the flesh RHD unit - no port on the right - so it must be on the left.

I mean if you think about it there’s no good reason to move it for RHD vehicles, it would mean different body panels and all sorts of unnecessary reconfiguration of the electrics. It makes sense that it’s the same on both versions.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers BBDF7EE2-326B-4CC9-88D1-4DE3D1A8C2C2

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Here is a photo of an actual real in the flesh RHD unit - no port on the right - so it must be on the left.

I mean if you think about it there’s no good reason to move it for RHD vehicles, it would mean different body panels and all sorts of unnecessary reconfiguration of the electrics. It makes sense that it’s the same on both versions.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers BBDF7EE2-326B-4CC9-88D1-4DE3D1A8C2C2
Have to admit that the blue looks better in the flesh that it does on the website!

Donfanatico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEAT Tarraco
Country flag
Have to admit that the blue looks better in the flesh that it does on the website!
Actually, it does, you're right. Hop the pedals aren't too offset on RHD vehicles, which can cause lower back problems for some people and is sometimes the case with other marques.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Hi guys
I need some advice
19” or 20” wheels
From Ford or aftermarket ?
Sponsored