Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I guess you have to talk to your insurance administrators. Ford indicated this was due to an insurance restriction.
I know others are way more upset than I am, and it's never nice to miss out on a future that everyone else is getting, but personally I'm not yet aware of the killer advantage to having phone as a key over actually using the key fob.

Am I showing myself up here by not knowing this? ?

@portlandg Help me out here - what's the killer feature of paak for you?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think this video is especially interesting for our friends across the pond. Seems this is intended for your market. Some great info in here. Some stuff that I hadn't seen before.
Take note where it says models will be available in dealer showrooms in March. I sounds like they are talking about customer cars and not demos. Exciting if true!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I know others are way more upset than I am, and it's never nice to miss out on a future that everyone else is getting, but personally I'm not yet aware of the killer advantage to having phone as a key over actually using the key fob.

Am I showing myself up here by not knowing this? ?

@portlandg Help me out here - what's the killer feature of paak for you?
I am truly not bothered in having PAAK. My current key fob only comes out of my pocket when I change my trousers. I have keyless entry system on my car so don't need to use fob to gain entry. Have foot operated power lift gate as well and that is great. I can live without PAAK especially if it makes the insurance cheaper. If you believe what you read then the fob acts the same as mine anyway. It sends a signal to the car when you approach and lights up the button for you to press to open. I seem to recall hearing/reading somewhere that is is NOT constantly sending a signal like my fob. After sitting still for a few seconds it will switch off

Last edited:

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I think I'll just drop this one off right here...

Also... 226 mile range with a 93% state of charge looks closer to the targeted figures Ford have been quoting. Could this be the SR AWD, which is targeting 250 mile range?

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Also... 226 mile range with a 93% state of charge looks closer to the targeted figures Ford have been quoting. Could this be the SR AWD, which is targeting 250 mile range?
Made me look. Is "mls" the UK abbreviation for miles?

Also does that say ground speed? ?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
That is pretty good. How is it possible that they can lease a First Edition, but I canā€™t buy one?!
It will be like those non existent cheap flights. You see them advertised for stupid money but when you ring and say you want one they ask when you want to go and your dates are nowhere near the price. When you say you want to go when the flights are that cheap they say they have all gone

Donfanatico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEAT Tarraco
Country flag
I think I'll wait a couple of years for the second hand market, I refuse to pay more than Ā£350 a month for a car, hopefully the PCP deal will be cheaper but I'll doubt it. Man prices have gone up a lot, I used to have a Ā£250 a month limit a few years back.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think I'll wait a couple of years for the second hand market, I refuse to pay more than Ā£350 a month for a car, hopefully the PCP deal will be cheaper but I'll doubt it. Man prices have gone up a lot, I used to have a Ā£250 a month limit a few years back.
I have gone onto the finance calculator on the Ford Mach e website and managed to get my payments down to Ā£315. I suppose it all depends on how much you can put in as a depsoit
Sponsored