UK Customers

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Just going back to the Blue Oval subscription, as mine has just expired after having my MME for a whole year nowšŸ˜³, has anyone concluded that the Ā£149 is worth it for the discounts, which I couldnt find the right info about? I tend to do most charging at home, but may need to travel further afield soon, so would be good to know the discounts and any other benefits, which help to work out how much charging would be needed to justify, etc. I also noticed the Ionity subscription along side the BO Premium. Is this something worth adding, does anyone happen to know? Many thanks in advance for any help.
I realise this may not answer your question but my experience is that, whilst out & about driving fairly high mileages, I canā€™t reliably find charge points on the same network or even on just two networks so would need numerous subscriptions which would make it uneconomic to subscribe even if these subscription services do still exist. I tend to have all the Apps with payment details saved on Shell, Ionity, Insta & half a dozen others and pay the going rate as an App user.
Sponsored

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I realise this may not answer your question but my experience is that, whilst out & about driving fairly high mileages, I canā€™t reliably find charge points on the same network or even on just two networks so would need numerous subscriptions which would make it uneconomic to subscribe even if these subscription services do still exist. I tend to have all the Apps with payment details saved on Shell, Ionity, Insta & half a dozen others and pay the going rate as an App user.
Yes, it's a sad state of affairs. Have you tried Octopus' Electroverse (You don't have to have Octopus Energy as your provider to use it) or Zap Pay? I've got Electroverse although only had to use public charging twice in 12,000 miles. I'm probably an outlier in any statistical analysis.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
got this the other day, only just noticed. Thereā€™s hope for some OTAs yet. Though I had the FSA done last month and thereā€™s no sign of any OTAs yet, in fact looking at the data in Chome on my vehicles page it all just says ā€˜nullā€™ where the OTAs usually show up.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2BDE8C8B-8F3F-4EEE-84EE-1DDCD62CE967

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
got this the other day, only just noticed. Thereā€™s hope for some OTAs yet. Though I had the FSA done last month and thereā€™s no sign of any OTAs yet, in fact looking at the data in Chome on my vehicles page it all just says ā€˜nullā€™ where the OTAs usually show up.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2BDE8C8B-8F3F-4EEE-84EE-1DDCD62CE967
I had this message also. My 22P25 update was carried out by the dealer just before Christmas. I noticed this update when logging into MyFord.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Yes, it's a sad state of affairs. Have you tried Octopus' Electroverse (You don't have to have Octopus Energy as your provider to use it) or Zap Pay? I've got Electroverse although only had to use public charging twice in 12,000 miles. I'm probably an outlier in any statistical analysis.
Iā€™ve never used Octopus yet, not because I avoid them but, just as is happens when I need a charge out on the road I usually find a higher power charge point at one of the providers I got used to using, the favourite has to be the 100kWh+ Instavolts at MaccyDees (or if I have the time those 50kWh points in Miller & Carter car parks) gets me fed, makes an expensive charge if at M&C, thoughšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø The main ones at the services are becoming over subscribed when I need them so the Shell ones are becoming more of a go-to for charge points. 46,319 miles up and I got finding a charge when I need one off to a T!! Never queue, always connects successfully.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I have been to the dealer too many times for this car. Iā€™m going to leave it for the moment. Donā€™t they think people have jobs.
Think itā€™s a very quick update this one. About 5 minutes I believe.

Worth doing because this enables the car to receive more OTAā€™s directly in the future.

Therefore, this could save you more time in the long run. šŸ‘šŸ»

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
So how many are tempted by Model Y price drop? My MME hasnā€™t had any problems so far but I am increasingly convinced that I will swap it for another EV at the end of my lease.

reason being I think there are better value EVs out there.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So how many are tempted by Model Y price drop? My MME hasnā€™t had any problems so far but I am increasingly convinced that I will swap it for another EV at the end of my lease.

Possibly, but lack of top down 360 degree cameras on a Y means I probably won't due to narrow driveway with low walls either side. Plus the Y is wider and the chargeport on the rear means I would have to have my homecharger cable extended as for practical reasons can't reverse in to driveway.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Possibly, but lack of top down 360 degree cameras on a Y means I probably won't due to narrow driveway with low walls either side. Plus the Y is wider and the chargeport on the rear means I would have to have my homecharger cable extended as for practical reasons can't reverse in to driveway.
Iā€™m sure the Teslas are better in very many respects than the Mach-e except for the design attributes from a firm with no motoring heritage unlike Ford and the design nods towards the design of Mustangs of old hence the poor look of Teslas IMO, also Iā€™m not sure I could live with myself paying money to somebody like Musk. Have you seen this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...buy-the-mach-e-today.24546/page-9#post-575523

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

I'd be surprised if Ford, Kia, etc, didn't react with their own price change to counter this.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™m sure the Teslas are better in very many respects than the Mach-e except for the design attributes from a firm with no motoring heritage unlike Ford and the design nods towards the design of Mustangs of old hence the poor look of Teslas IMO, also Iā€™m not sure I could live with myself paying money to somebody like Musk. Have you seen this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...buy-the-mach-e-today.24546/page-9#post-575523
Thanks for the reference. Trouble is this is the most I've ever spent on a brand new car (and a Ford) and whilst I can afford it (just) it was very close as I took into account the savings due to not running diesel. As an "investment" I want to be able to keep it at least until the drivetrain and battery warranty runs out. There just seems to be a lot of bugs and the HVJB potential issue is always on my mind every time I go out in it. I was waiting for DPF problems and oil level rise in my previous car and now this. :(

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I am not convinced about Teslas either. I am incredibly lucky that I bought my MME in Sept 21. Prices since then have only gone up.

I despise Musk and dislike Tesla's bland design but there is no way the MME can justify a higher price than a MY.

I love the MME's unique looks, the ride comfort are probably the same, the range is not dissimilar but even as a dislike, I have to admit Teslas have better software.

Having said all that, right now I think the Korean EVs offer the best value for money

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
I canā€™t stand Musk, but as a software designer myself their hardware + software integration is years ahead of Ford which makes it quite tempting. FordPass is just awful, and the in car UI can be frustrating and laggy.

Not much savings though with current APR if you want a comparable long range car such as the Y perf or long range, well unless you have a big down payment or cash.

They are everywhere as well, at least the MachE looks great, and is pretty rare. Only seen a couple round near me vs every other electric car being a Tesla. The new prices on the MachE are crazy though, I would never pay that now, def look at the Korean brands.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Thanks for the reference. Trouble is this is the most I've ever spent on a brand new car (and a Ford) and whilst I can afford it (just) it was very close as I took into account the savings due to not running diesel. As an "investment" I want to be able to keep it at least until the drivetrain and battery warranty runs out. There just seems to be a lot of bugs and the HVJB potential issue is always on my mind every time I go out in it. I was waiting for DPF problems and oil level rise in my previous car and now this. :(
Another 300 miles today, still a joy to drive and when I get there somebody invariably says ā€œoooh, nice carā€ of course they do because itā€™s drop-dead gorgeous and has those historic design features of a car made by somebody with a classic motoring heritage. And no moron asks anymore ā€œis it a Jaguarā€ or ā€œIs it a Teslaā€ Me rear tyres are nearly worn out again, though, my second set in 47k! Still on first pair of fronts. Long time since I had a RWD, not used to ripping rear tyres, since the 2.0E CortinašŸ˜‚ The beach buggy after that donā€™t really count because its rear tyres were a mile wide and just wouldnā€™t wear out!!
Sponsored