Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
FYI, from the Facebook group, I call BS on the explanation for the frunk release:

Hi All,

We’ve noticed a number of you have being posting about various software updates, so we asked our product and engineering teams to give the latest update on some of the most talked about items. We hope this might provide some further clarity and happy to pick-up any further questions this might raise.

Why is there a time difference between Ford Power-Up Software Updates in North America and Europe?

In Europe, we have additional content and regulatory requirements that we have to build into our software updates and testing. We are also focused on ensuring that optimal software is deployed to our customers. This results in deploying updates on a different timeline in Europe and in a different Ford Power-Up sequence compared to North America (N.A.)

When will we be receiving our next Ford Power-Up Software Updates?

We are about to launch the Ford Power-Up 3 series in Europe, which will bring Alexa Built-In to selected markets where it is offered by Amazon. This roll-out will require several Ford Power-Up Software Updates and the release notes issued with each update related to Alexa will advise on progress towards completion. You can find out more here Stay Connected with Ford Connectivity Technology | Ford UK. In line with N.A., we are also working on bringing some updates to the SYNC 4A interface, which we provisionally expect to arrive in the Ford Power-Up 4 series in Europe during the first half of 2023.

When will we be receiving the Frunk Release Button in SYNC 4, for early vehicles?

We had planned to provide this update in our Ford Power-Up 2 series. However, we were not satisfied with the results of our test deployments of this software over-the-air and are postponing this update to a later date, provisionally in the Ford Power-Up Series 4. We are committed to releasing this update with the highest quality to our customers.

What if I am having any issues with receiving Ford Power-Up Software Updates?

We are aware that a small number of our customers have not been able to successfully update to Ford Power-Up 1.7.1. If you have this concern, we would invite you to contact our Customer Relationship Centres who will assist you in investigating and resolving your concerns. We would be happy to answer any other questions that you have too.

What about the different alarm configuration for Right Hand Drive Vehicles that is preventing future Ford Power-Up Software Updates?

The recently launched FSA 22P25 provides an update to the alarm configuration for RHD vehicles that will allow customers to receive future Ford Power-Up software updates. To receive this update the vehicle must be taken to an Authorised Ford dealer.

Please check with your dealer whether your vehicle requires this update.

We hope this information is helpful to the group. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great weekend!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
FYI, from the Facebook group, I call BS on the explanation for the frunk release:

Hi All,

We’ve noticed a number of you have being posting about various software updates, so we asked our product and engineering teams to give the latest update on some of the most talked about items. We hope this might provide some further clarity and happy to pick-up any further questions this might raise.

Why is there a time difference between Ford Power-Up Software Updates in North America and Europe?

In Europe, we have additional content and regulatory requirements that we have to build into our software updates and testing. We are also focused on ensuring that optimal software is deployed to our customers. This results in deploying updates on a different timeline in Europe and in a different Ford Power-Up sequence compared to North America (N.A.)

When will we be receiving our next Ford Power-Up Software Updates?

We are about to launch the Ford Power-Up 3 series in Europe, which will bring Alexa Built-In to selected markets where it is offered by Amazon. This roll-out will require several Ford Power-Up Software Updates and the release notes issued with each update related to Alexa will advise on progress towards completion. You can find out more here Stay Connected with Ford Connectivity Technology | Ford UK. In line with N.A., we are also working on bringing some updates to the SYNC 4A interface, which we provisionally expect to arrive in the Ford Power-Up 4 series in Europe during the first half of 2023.

When will we be receiving the Frunk Release Button in SYNC 4, for early vehicles?

We had planned to provide this update in our Ford Power-Up 2 series. However, we were not satisfied with the results of our test deployments of this software over-the-air and are postponing this update to a later date, provisionally in the Ford Power-Up Series 4. We are committed to releasing this update with the highest quality to our customers.

What if I am having any issues with receiving Ford Power-Up Software Updates?

We are aware that a small number of our customers have not been able to successfully update to Ford Power-Up 1.7.1. If you have this concern, we would invite you to contact our Customer Relationship Centres who will assist you in investigating and resolving your concerns. We would be happy to answer any other questions that you have too.

What about the different alarm configuration for Right Hand Drive Vehicles that is preventing future Ford Power-Up Software Updates?

The recently launched FSA 22P25 provides an update to the alarm configuration for RHD vehicles that will allow customers to receive future Ford Power-Up software updates. To receive this update the vehicle must be taken to an Authorised Ford dealer.

Please check with your dealer whether your vehicle requires this update.

We hope this information is helpful to the group. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great weekend!
@ocr_salty - Thanks for providing the update from Ford UK/EU

I've never read sooooo much corporate / marketing bull 💩 💩 💩 💩 in one email though.

Talk about arse covering - jeez! 🙈🤣

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Reading between the lines re frunk release. "We're finding it difficult and we don't know how to do it yet so you might get it in the future but if not don't worry as you can still use the manual handle." "So there!" 🖕

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I’ve had the dealer FSA update carried out but my software is showing the last update as 12th September.

I’m sure I’ve seen updates since this date?

Is anyone else on this date or do I have a problem?

TIA

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I’ve had the dealer FSA update carried out but my software is showing the last update as 12th September.

I’m sure I’ve seen updates since this date?

Is anyone else on this date or do I have a problem?

TIA
Can’t get excited about updates, don’t really pay any attention to them beyond just knowing stuff has been updated from time to time from the way stuff happens differently which is Tesco shopping trolley syndrome this car seems to suffer from but if it helps, my last update is the one pictured on 8th Sept. Don’t know what it is, don’t know what it did.

65DE7413-2AA1-409B-90FD-640CA7392411.png

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Can’t get excited about updates, don’t really pay any attention to them beyond just knowing stuff has been updated from time to time from the way stuff happens differently which is Tesco shopping trolley syndrome this car seems to suffer from but if it helps, my last update is the one pictured on 8th Sept. Don’t know what it is, don’t know what it did.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 65DE7413-2AA1-409B-90FD-640CA7392411
Thanks for that. It’s the one I got on the 12th.

Looking forward to the latest ones that get ready for Alexa and additional uses for the large button on the screen. 👍🏻

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks for that. It’s the one I got on the 12th.

Looking forward to the latest ones that get ready for Alexa and additional uses for the large button on the screen. 👍🏻
This is the last one I had. 12th December
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20221212_183552_FordPass

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Scary to think there’s almost a 1000 pages of us ranting away 😁