UK Customers

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I have 4 Mach E 18 inch tyres, continental premium contact 225/60/R18
only done 800 miles no punctures or repairs. They came from the factory fitted wheels on my 2022 ext range RWD.
Anyone interested in making me an offer for two or all 4.
collection only from Huddersfield or Oldham.
Sorry, I may be over cautious and they may well be tyres which are perfectly fine but Iā€™ve forensically examined too many part-worn/second hand tyres on Trading Standardsā€™ stings to feel comfortable about taking the risk. Selling part-worn tyres are regulated for good reason: https://www.tyresafe.org/tyre-advice/part-worn-tyres/
Sponsored

JohnG789

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 540c, , Abarth 124 spider ,SLK AMG, Mach-e
Occupation
Managing Director
Country flag

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
BEV RVs (residual values) weakened slightly with the increase in the ramping up of BEV registrations filtering through to the used car market. My 06/2021 RWD ER book RVs stand at Ā£41,450 retail and Ā£37,690 trade with 49k on clock in Feb Glassā€™s Guide.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Thanks everyone!
Knew we shouldnā€™t have discussed puncturesšŸ˜‚
Thought I might just last until I could order a full set of new tyres in for Wednesday from usual supplier after a world tour on Tuesday, then puncture struck today! Kwik Fit Daybrook were the only place that could fit a puncture repair in for me but found they have 4 Mich Cross Climates in stock so they just won an order to fit those. And only just realised the dodgy Conti Premium Contact 6s fitted when new are actually summer tyres! No wonder theyā€™re sh!te in the cold & wet when back endā€™s like a conker on a string!! They got steering axle tread pattern, no wonderšŸ™„ Unlike these bad boysā€¦ā€¦.

C3E9F9C2-4A6A-4FE2-AE03-E772D644804A.jpeg

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Knew we shouldnā€™t have discussed puncturesšŸ˜‚
Thought I might just last until I could order a full set of new tyres in for Wednesday from usual supplier after a world tour on Tuesday, then puncture struck today! Kwik Fit Daybrook were the only place that could fit a puncture repair in for me but found they have 4 Mich Cross Climates in stock so they just won an order to fit those. And only just realised the dodgy Conti Premium Contact 6s fitted when new are actually summer tyres! No wonder theyā€™re sh!te in the cold & wet when back endā€™s like a conker on a string!! They got steering axle tread pattern, no wonderšŸ™„ Unlike these bad boysā€¦ā€¦.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C3E9F9C2-4A6A-4FE2-AE03-E772D644804A
I have the same, I've just poodles up to York and back and have noticed no reduction in range... brilliant tyre in the snow as well!

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I have the same, I've just poodles up to York and back and have noticed no reduction in range... brilliant tyre in the snow as well!
Great to hear, thnx. Are you catching me up on mileage with your trip to York? The ā€˜Stangā€™s back in harness this week after a holiday, off down to that Lundin this week on the new boots!

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Thankfully a company was able to repair the
Tyre. It was a big home in the Center of the tyre face.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Great to hear, thnx. Are you catching me up on mileage with your trip to York? The ā€˜Stangā€™s back in harness this week after a holiday, off down to that Lundin this week on the new boots!
46k now, got a 250 mile trip tomorrow, then Up North next week and then Wales so should clock up another 1k then. Gotta ease up a bit, car gets replaced at 80K and have to order at 70K and the Mach E is no longer an option!!

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
46k now, got a 250 mile trip tomorrow, then Up North next week and then Wales so should clock up another 1k then. Gotta ease up a bit, car gets replaced at 80K and have to order at 70K and the Mach E is no longer an option!!
What option(s) will you be considering? Has the Mach -E gone out of the price range? Will you have to go to the dark side due to the price cuts? ;)

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
What option(s) will you be considering? Has the Mach -E gone out of the price range? Will you have to go to the dark side due to the price cuts? ;)
Mach-e is now too expensive to be a benchmark car, so I'll have to have a look at the options. Still like the EV6 and also the Cupra Born (that's the grade below mine so I'd get money back for that!) but I think there will be a fair few options in a year or so. There's a few Skoda's at work, so may try that as well. Now the MG4 would save me a fortune (I get Ā£60 a month back for every grade lower and that's 3 grades) but I just can't go from a Mach-e to an MG!!!

We are also going down the salary sacrifice route so that opens up some options including a Mach-E but you still end up paying "100's a month for it and at the minute, it costs Ā£30 in tax a month.

I love the Mach-e, it's a fantastic car...see a fair few around now but the wow factor 20 months ago was brilliant, a real head turner. You never know, maybe a Hydrogen Mach-H!!!

JR1108

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD Carbonised Grey
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
For those of you with missing snowflake woes....

Ford updated their FDRS software that is used by dealerships with a new release today. While I was poking around looking to see what's new I noticed a new "Programmable feature" option that wasn't on the list before....

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C3E9F9C2-4A6A-4FE2-AE03-E772D644804A

So if you have a dealer that's having issues working out how to activate your missing icy road indicator on your Instrument Panel display (I know there's at least two of you out there) - point them to this which will help them activate it for you.
I activated mine via ForScan, but now this is out I'll revert the build as data back and run the FDRS configuration.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have now had my car for almost 21 months and I am STILL learning about it and it's little oddities. One thing I have found out, quite quickly, is that if you exit the car and leave it on and shut the door(s) the horn will sound twice roadrunner fashion (beep beep). My way around this, don't want to disturb the neighbours at 0600 when going to work, is that I will leave the key fob IN the car when I get out to shut the garage and the gate so no beep beep.
This morning, on arrival at work, I forgot to remove the key fob from the car so consequently the key fob did what it is supposed to do when inactive and went to sleep. The problem with this, of course, is that I couldn't open the car by pushing the e buttons on the ANY of the doors as the key fob wasn't sending a signal to the car even though the car was unlocked. Completely dead, non functioning. Tail lift wouldn't work either.
Brainwave. Lets see if remote start using FP works. No, well yes and no. I did manage to start the car but this didn't enable door button activation. Lets try unlock/lock button in FP. Didn't want to use the lock button just in case so I pressed the unlock button. Couple of clicks, an electrical whirl here and there and then the lights in the door buttons illuminated. Success???? Luckily, yes.
Lesson to be learn't. Don't leave your keys in the car for any length just in case.
For once FP was useful.
Sponsored