Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
That is definitely a RHD, unless you have mirrored the image, but has it got UK plates? ? ?
I assume this is the one you saw before this lockdown started
Yeah it’s the one I saw literally hours before half the UK went into Tier 4.

It had UK plates on it that were covered over for demo purposes with a generic Mach-E plate.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Yeah it’s the one I saw literally hours before half the UK went into Tier 4.

It had UK plates on it that were covered over for demo purposes with a generic Mach-E plate.
Is the charge point still on the left side of the RHD version? I think that works a bit better for RHD vehicles using on-street charging infrastructure like lamp-post and bollard chargers.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
So just been in touch with Rebecca by email for guidance as it seemed to me that a new order placed now has a shorter wait time compared to my order from a month ago.

Basically I placed an order for a space white SR RWD which has an ETA of June. My business partner now wants a MME as a company car too. So we placed a new order yesterday for the same car but in iconic silver which now has a 14 week lead time which is a full month or more earlier than mine. We noted that space white also now has a 14 week lead time but rapid red (which he really wanted) had a 23 week ETA. He chose to sacrifice his rapid red colour choice to get his car sooner.

I asked Rebecca if she can allocate me an earlier build from any cancelled pre-orders. She said she can't as it is all done at the US end and she has not access to it. However I could place a new order, keep them both open until they have confirmed build slots and then cancel the later build. She advised me to check with the dealer that the deposit for the cancelled order will be refundable.

I'm waiting for the dealer to confirm and will also we watching if my business partners which was ordered a month after mine turns up a month before mine! If the dealer confirms they are happy to refund one of my two deposits then I will be placing a new order next week as Rebecca mentioned that from next week any unconfirmed pre-orders may be reallocated at the US logistics end.

Potentially then we will have three orders going at the same time! Spencer has competition!

Last edited:

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
So just been in touch with Rebecca by email for guidance as it seemed to me that a new order placed now has a shorter wait time compared to my order from a month ago.

Basically I placed an order for a space white SR RWD which has an ETA of June. My business partner now wants a MME as a company car too. So we placed a new order yesterday for the same car but in iconic silver which now has a 14 week lead time which is a full month or more earlier than mine. We noted that space white also now has a 14 week lead time but rapid red (which he really wanted) had a 23 week ETA. He chose to sacrifice his rapid red colour choice to get his car sooner.

I asked Rebecca if she can allocate me an earlier build from any cancelled pre-orders. She said she can't as it is all done at the US end and she has not access to it. However I could place a new order, keep them both open until they have confirmed build slots and then cancel the later build. She advised me to check with the dealer that the deposit for the cancelled order will be refundable.

I'm waiting for the dealer to confirm and will also we watching if my business partners which was ordered a month after mine turns up a month before mine! If the dealer confirms they are happy to refund one of my two deposits then I will be placing a new order next week as Rebecca mentioned that from next week any unconfirmed pre-orders may be reallocated at the US logistics end.

Potentially then we will have three orders going at the same time! Spencer has competition!
She advised me to check with the dealer that the deposit for the cancelled order will be refundable.

Say whhhhhat, I thought they were all refundable

I say that as I'm now considering cancelling ...

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
She advised me to check with the dealer that the deposit for the cancelled order will be refundable.

Say whhhhhat, I thought they were all refundable

I say that as I'm now considering cancelling ...
I took screenshots of the terms and conditions which state it is refundable originally. She said it depends on the agreement you sign with the dealer but as mine is a lease through Ford directly I haven't signed anything at the dealer.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why are you thinking of cancelling if you don't mind me being nosey?

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
Why are you thinking of cancelling if you don't mind me being nosey?
new baby, new job

its within budget, its a great car

it's just if my wife wants to take longer off work than we planned OR my job situation changes quickly (Damn covid)

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag

Bizarre. I’ve just run an order on the SR Silver and it is indeed 14 weeks. Change it to black and it goes up to 23-24 weeks?! Literally just the paint changed.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bizarre. I’ve just run an order on the SR Silver and it is indeed 14 weeks. Change it to black and it goes up to 23-24 weeks?! Literally just the paint changed.
Well if Nick cancels his there will be a black SR available in 14 weeks too!