methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
yes, that is correct. every day with covid things are changing. I have a feeling this winter there will be a shortage of supplies again and finding truck drivers.

On a side note. If you know you're getting the mache and you think you need to upgrade to that level 2 charger of your choice. I wouldn't wait too long. I wouldn't be surprised if they all start showing up out of stock.
It would be the best Christmas ever to find out mine was coming via Truck straight from Mexico (shortly after being built).

I've just kept telling myself it's 2020 though, and tomorrow can bring a whole host of new issues to tackle.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
CAR WASHES? Ain't NO ONE running my ME through a car wash!
you can run me through a car wash if you really want. for enough money.

oh wait I see you meant "Mach-E" not "me". Got it.

well, my statement still stands.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
yes, that is correct. every day with covid things are changing. I have a feeling this winter there will be a shortage of supplies again and finding truck drivers.

On a side note. If you know you're getting the mache and you think you need to upgrade to that level 2 charger of your choice. I wouldn't wait too long. I wouldn't be surprised if they all start showing up out of stock.
"Nationwide, 19 of Mexico’s 32 states will be at high alert starting Monday, 11 will be at medium alert and one state was considered at moderate risk level." - ABC News, referring to COVID situation in Mexico

High alert can mean plants can only operate at 50%.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
"Nationwide, 19 of Mexico’s 32 states will be at high alert starting Monday, 11 will be at medium alert and one state was considered at moderate risk level." - ABC News, referring to COVID situation in Mexico

High alert can mean plants can only operate at 50%.
Yep. We have a long way to go to getting many actual cars.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
They are working on something in VA. Has to be to the governor next month for consideration with an implementation by 12/2021. One of my previous comments to the committee was to make it retroactive by a year or two. I reviewed their final draft last week. Thoughtful in its entirety, but they still have to consider several recommendations. They looked at the program in several states across the country.
Did you see anything about a sales price cap? Last I heard it was going to be $50k, which puts any Premium AWD over, but in many places like NJ right now the cap is set to $55k.

Folks at the NJ road tour were talking about ordering a Premium AWD ER, but selecting a no cost color option to stay under the $55k.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Did you see anything about a sales price cap? Last I heard it was going to be $50k, which puts any Premium AWD over, but in many places like NJ right now the cap is set to $55k.

Folks at the NJ road tour were talking about ordering a Premium AWD ER, but selecting a no cost color option to stay under the $55k.
Oh, I brought that up too and recommended it be $60k. I'll have to see if I still have access to the report when I go back to my computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nav

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

No cap on price or income for the first year. I pulled the following passages:

"The rebate would be applicable for both battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs), although FCEVs are not currently available in Virginia. The standard rebate for the purchase or lease (minimum 36-month lease) of a new EV should be a maximum of $2,500; and for a used EV (fewer than 7 years old), the standard rebate should be $1,250.
New and used Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) purchases can receive a $1,000 standard incentive, provided the PHEV has an all-electric range of at least 25 miles.

During the first year of the program, there will be no vehicle price or customer income caps. Allowing use of the rebate for purchase of any new electric vehicle can translate into more options and the availability of previously-owned EVs. The used vehicle market may provide advantages, opportunity, and value to move many citizens into electric vehicles. This serves to promote program access, universality, and simplicity."

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Tow to regen. Just need a long rope; no charger required. Wonder if adaptive cruise works when in tow? That would have helped. Not sure; may no longer be legal in some locations ;).
this is starting to sound like a remake of a ferris bueller driving in reverse to take the miles off type of thing

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I get about 11 miles of charge coming down the 3 mile SoCal grapevine in my PHEV, just need a trailer lift to pull it back up. Shows about 65+ kWh rate. ;) The Cajon pass is similar, but I get a lot further on a charge (over 60 vs 35 est).

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Oh, I brought that up to and recommended it be $60k. I'll have to see if I still have access to the report when I go back to my computer.
In NJ your MSRP (not including $1,100 Destination and Delivery) must be BELOW $55k for you to get the (GENEROUS) $5,000 rebate. That puts some color options off the table if you want Premium AWD with Extended Range. I've ordered Premium/AWD/ER in Space White, which comes out to $54,700. No way I'd go with a color that puts me over $55k, as that would effectively cost me the upgraded color price PLUS $5k!!

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
In NJ your MSRP (not including $1,100 Destination and Delivery) must be BELOW $55k for you to get the (GENEROUS) $5,000 rebate. That puts some color options off the table if you want Premium AWD with Extended Range. I've ordered Premium/AWD/ER in Space White, which comes out to $54,700. No way I'd go with a color that puts me over $55k, as that would effectively cost me the upgraded color price PLUS $5k!!
NJ definitely has the best tax benefit...

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While you are talking about RV's. I might have missed it but if the MachE was towed behind could you get it to use he regeneration to charge the batteries while being towed?
I'm watching a TV series (Long Way Up) where a couple of guys riding electric Harleys from the tip of Argentina to LA are supported by a couple of Rivians (prototypes of course). When the Rivians ran out of juice, they recharged them by towing. I don't know how fast they were towed, but they regained 80% in an hour of towing.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It would be the best Christmas ever to find out mine was coming via Truck straight from Mexico (shortly after being built).

I've just kept telling myself it's 2020 though, and tomorrow can bring a whole host of new issues to tackle.
The guessing game will soon switch to “how long AFTER the car is built will we receive them, and will when they actually ship?”
Sponsored