janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Yup.

the only part of the information that genuinely concerns me is this:

"The orders are not For 2022. ... With the actual orders in for 2021 ford knows they can not make enough in 2021 to fill them all. Hence a person said in the call that 2022 is already really at half capacity, with the run times, and supply issues at the plant. The demand is more than ford expected."

Right now, they can't fill the orders they've taken. What happens down the road is another story.
which makes me happy I didn't have to place a deposit with my order which was in mid july
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
which makes me happy I didn't have to place a deposit with my order which was in mid july
Our deposits, if any, are paid to the dealers, not FMC. I have no problem with getting my money back from Orchid Isle Ford if need be.

What bothers me intellectually, is a significant number of people with confirmed orders will not get a car anytime in 2021 absent resolution to supply chain issues. There's a problem brewing is all. Problems do get solved though.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Our deposits, if any, are paid to the dealers, not FMC. I have no problem with getting my money back from Orchid Isle Ford if need be.

What bothers me intellectually, is a significant number of people with confirmed orders will not get a car anytime in 2021 absent resolution to supply chain issues. There's a problem brewing is all. Problems do get solved though.
If this was really a huge problem, why would they still be taking online orders? If anything, they should move to 2022 reservations.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If this was really a huge problem, why would they still be taking online orders? If anything, they should move to 2022 reservations.
Its a part of the overall mystery at this time.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

oh I don't trust any dealer (no offense to any dealer) to not give me the run around to get the deposit back but for me personally I would like one but don't need one. So basically if I get it in first part of 2021 great but if not move on to finding the 1970s C3 corvette. I was going to wait a few years to get the mach e and I only put in my order now because I have a 2013 explorer with under 50k miles so figured it was good for a trade in plus the tax credit.

Can't see significantly more batteries getting produced by surprise so figure if they are saying 50K is all they can do then that is all they can do. Of course typical business logic. "Sell" more then you got and deal with the aftermath later (airliner logic)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh I don't trust any dealer (no offense to any dealer) to not give me the run around to get the deposit back but for me personally I would like one but don't need one. So basically if I get it in first part of 2021 great but if not move on to finding the 1970s C3 corvette. I was going to wait a few years to get the mach e and I only put in my order now because I have a 2013 explorer with under 50k miles so figured it was good for a trade in plus the tax credit.

Can't see significantly more batteries getting produced by surprise so figure if they are saying 50K is all they can do then that is all they can do. Of course typical business logic. "Sell" more then you got and deal with the aftermath later (airliner logic)
There are a certain number of no shows for airline seats. They have it down to a science, but occasionally there are exceptions. I think this was the equivalent. ;)

Hank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Niro EV
Country flag
I like all the colors except black. The lighter ones gives better contrast against the design elements in the bottom of the body and back. Being all black, we lose that illusion.
In other words: Authenticity means black.:)

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are a certain number of no shows for airline seats. They have it down to a science, but occasionally there are exceptions. I think this was the equivalent. ;)
yeah but seems the over booking is more then the typical no show amount. but in the case of the mach e you could always reopen the orders like they did for FE and not have any delay in builds

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

But that's part of what I way saying... I'm not so sure there's that many confirmed orders. We know many of them are not (since most of Europe and all GTs aren't even ordered yet). Whether actual confirmed orders are really 30k or 40k or 50k (and the rest just reservations and placeholders and projections and double orders) is still anyone's guess. The machdop campaign to drum up sales for more FEs, for instance, makes no sense if they already blew past 50k confirmed order, let alone 80k (unless they're confident they can make more than 50k).

That doesn't mean that some actual orders might not still miss the 50,000 2021MY cut, of course, but I'm not ready to say it's gonna be tons. We could be heading there though. And I hope as Ford takes new orders point-forward, they add those caveats (i.e. "Orders placed at this point could spill over into model year 2022 as demand for 2021's may already be full.").

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But that's part of what I way saying... I'm not so sure there's that many confirmed orders. We know many of them are not (since most of Europe and all GTs aren't even ordered yet). Whether actual confirmed orders are really 30k or 40k or 50k (and the rest just reservations and placeholders and projections and double orders) is still anyone's guess. The machdop campaign to drum up sales for more FEs, for instance, makes no sense if they already blew past 50k confirmed order, let alone 80k (unless they're confident they can make more than 50k).

That doesn't mean that some actual orders might not still miss the 50,000 2021MY cut, of course, but I'm not ready to say it's gonna be tons. We could be heading there though. And I hope as Ford takes new orders point-forward, they add those caveats (i.e. "Orders placed at this point could spill over into model year 2022 as demand for 2021's may already be full.").
Yeah, more information from Ford would be nice. In the meantime, I'll go about recalculating delivery times for my MME based upon never-ending variables while mowing the back 40. At least until the car arrives. :)

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I’ve prepared myself to not get a MME. My Premium had an original order number in the 9000s. But I have to close the deal in 2020 to get the tax credit and make this affordable for me. If it's not going to happen that's fine, I'll begrudgingly get into a short term leaSe on something else and see what pops up over the next couple years in the EV sector. But I’d like to know that timeline soon.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag

I will guarantee one thing in this guessing game. The sooner you get your order in the sooner you get your car. Remember Rule 177 from the reservation page: "Reservation does not guarantee vehicle for delivery nor priority for ordering a vehicle. See Reservation Terms and Conditions for details."

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will guarantee one thing in this guessing game. The sooner you get your order in the sooner you get your car. Remember Rule 177 from the reservation page: "Reservation does not guarantee vehicle for delivery nor priority for ordering a vehicle. See Reservation Terms and Conditions for details."
Yep. There's clearly gotta be cut-off dates for each production batch. Looks like the first one is coming up soon (9/15 for dealers to confirm any FE orders).
Sponsored