Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Or non-FE, as there doesn't seem to be much "firstness" to the FEs.
If you look at order tracking, the only ones that gets 11/23 build week are California FE. (There's one OH Premium, but I suspect that's wrong.)

The earliest California non-FE has build week of 11/30.

I understand that you are unhappy about your FE. However, it looks like FEs are indeed prioritized over other trims when other conditions are equal.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
December 7th the first mache will be at the dealerships to be sold. Yes, that has to do with OKTB being cleared but if it does. Then some lucky people out there will have a great day that day.
Thanks. I’m happy that more members will get their Mach-E before the end of the year. It increases the chances that I’ll see one here in King County before mine comes in the spring. I get 2 weeks off in December. I’ll be out Mach-E hunting.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Thanks. I’m happy that more members will get their Mach-E before the end of the year. It increases the chances that I’ll see one here in King County before mine comes in the spring. I get 2 weeks off in December. I’ll be out Mach-E hunting.
Let it be mine ;).

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If you look at order tracking, the only ones that gets 11/23 build week are California FE. (There's one OH Premium, but I suspect that's wrong.)

The earliest California non-FE has build week of 11/30.

I understand that you are unhappy about your FE. However, it looks like FEs are indeed prioritized over other trims when other conditions are equal.
Not sure where you are looking at exactly, but I’m seeing my order in the database maintained by Administrator and I definitely have a Premium AWD SR scheduled for 11/23 and am in Los Angeles.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
well, I have some small news to pass on that I saw today. Well, some of you might consider it BIG news.

December 7th the first mache will be at the dealerships to be sold. Yes, that has to do with OKTB being cleared but if it does. Then some lucky people out there will have a great day that day.
So who guessed that date? I can’t find that thread right now. My guess was November 17th as 1 year from unveiling, but nope not happening.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Honestly, the fines are insignificant. What is extremely significant is the resulting headlines that will be something like "Ford forced to pay CO2/fuel economy fines in EU for not meeting requirements". That is 99.9999999999% of the issue.
I would hardly call the level of fines that manufacturers could potentially incur 'insignificant'

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Tim, I wish i could tell how and more of how this done. All I can say is they are trying hard as they can to get as many here for the 2020 year.
Those last two posts are amazingly good news. Thanks!
And congratulations to the whole Ford team making that happen
????
????

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What gear do you bring when you Mach-E hunt? ?

Dec 7 ?; let the good times roll. Looking forward to the reviews; epa and a owners manual should also surface by then.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure where you are looking at exactly, but I’m seeing my order in the database maintained by Administrator and I definitely have a Premium AWD SR scheduled for 11/23 and am in Los Angeles.
Yep. And quite a few Premiums 11/30. While there's FE build dates going into Dec and even Jan (so far). FEs might skew somewhat early, but definitely getting mixed in with a lot of Premiums (and maybe other trims). Pushing some FEs all the way into January (maybe even longer since we still have a ton unscheduled and yet to report).

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I think the sale occurs when money changes hands, and when the contract is signed.
It doesn't always matter when the product is delivered. The understanding I had was that when we heard the car was being built we would have a conversation, but the contract would not be signed until the car was on their lot. So in our case it will be at the same time essentially.
That would be true of Ford was using cash basis accounting, but I would assume they are using Accrual based accounting. In this case, it would depend on when the ownership transfers to the dealership. This could be either at point of shipping or upon arrival at the dealership. Note that this is different from Tesla's case since the transaction is not conducted through a dealer; for Tesla, the sale occurs upon transfer to the consumer.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK