John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The divider is in the Mache right now going down the chassis line.

So whoever is happy we are still getting it great. If you don't like you can take it out. But more is better right? One day might need it.
Somebody at Ford better tell Zach and Cody or whatever their names are on the Mach E tours that they are giving out the wrong info.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Somebody at Ford better tell Zach and Cody or whatever their names are on the Mach E tours that they are giving out the wrong info.
Here’s my theory on the divider: in the US, you have to have an illuminated emergency release inside luggage compartments in case people get stuck inside. The one in the front trunk is a push button, electric release. Someone realized, at the last minute “what happens if the battery dies?” Well, the koi aren’t going to be able to escape, but neither are any kids stuck in there. Hence the divider. They disabled all the electrical methods of opening it to maintain the fiction that it’s a compartment too small for a person, so it doesn’t need an emergency release. In fact, I’m surprised they didn’t remove the glow in the dark decal.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E 4X, '17 Outback, '10 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
No they do NOT clearly say that. The word "generally" would be removed if it was an absolute.
Instead of this:

Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

it would read:
Costs not included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.
Yes, on my nth read, that "generally" does seem problematic.

So ideally Ford would break out the destination charge from the MSRP. Any ideas on how to get big enough Ford eyes on this?

Losing out on the $5k incentive might make me rethink my order.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Here’s my theory on the divider: in the US, you have to have an illuminated emergency release inside luggage compartments in case people get stuck inside. The one in the front trunk is a push button, electric release. Someone realized, at the last minute “what happens if the battery dies?” Well, the koi aren’t going to be able to escape, but neither are any kids stuck in there. Hence the divider. They disabled all the electrical methods of opening it to maintain the fiction that it’s a compartment too small for a person, so it doesn’t need an emergency release. In fact, I’m surprised they didn’t remove the glow in the dark decal.
I don't think there's any fiction here, and I don't think a dead battery is the issue since that would also prevent the frunk from opening in the first place for a kid to climb in.

We're missing some key pieces of the story, but so far, it makes perfect sense. Hopefully, whatever the regulatory issue is with the electronic frunk releases will be resolved, and they'll enable it in a future update. Of course, it will likely be too late to get a frunk button on the fob by then.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

So ideally Ford would break out the destination charge from the MSRP. Any ideas on how to get big enough Ford eyes on this?

You and a lot of people. It's probably just a clerical error, but bureaucrats tend to be very "stick to the letter of the law" types, although some use common sense. The problem is that you won't know until after you've bought the car and filed the form that it doesn't meet the criteria - unless the state actually lists the ER AWD as eligible.

Not sure what that means, but it is something that needs to get clarified before people get stuck.

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Next week is going to be so busy. So plenty of news and videos I'm sure of for our thanksgiving week. Very thankful for the ford workers making the Mache. Hell of a job to not fall behind.

Have a statement for you. Elon Said he was shocked at how ford keeps up this year compared to all other auto manufacturers do to covid. They changed some of their supply design to follow Ford's pattern.

Well with how much Tesla is worth, they can just buyout Ford and VW straight up and still have plenty of beer money. I wonder if this could actually happen or there will be anti-trust issues.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
This is the full language from
https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/...p_New_Jersey_Phase_1_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf:

"* The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc. The Board reserves the right to seek all available legal remedies if manufacturers adopt separate MSRPs for New Jersey that differ from the MSRP associated with the same car in other states or otherwise attempt to circumvent the statutory language."

I guess the question is whether the program interprets MSRP be the number that has MSRP next to it on the window sticker or the number that fairly represents the value "intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full." They clearly exclude "destination or delivery charges" and even "floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc." in how the program defines "MSRP."

Is the definition of MSRP what they clearly spell out? Or that number at the bottom of the window sticker?

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I would expect them to calculate my MSRP as:

Base $47,000 + AWD & ER: $7,700 = $54,700
while excluding the $1,110 destination and the $240 Protection Package. But Infinite Blue? That's going to cost you $400 AND the $5000 incentive.

My interpretation is that they are spelling this out primarily to avoid situations where a manufacturer cuts the "MSRP" in a state like NJ and jacks up the "Destination Charge" specifically to get more cars under the cap.

ETA: This also ensures folks can't negotiate a discount with the dealer in exchange for agreeing to over-pay for Scotchguard or something to sneak under the limit.
I'm hoping you're right, but very wary.

What concerns me is this - very clear - language (again, italics mine):
Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges,

Ford has obviously INCLUDED D/D (Destination/Delivery) in their MSRP.

I think we have a $5,000 crapshoot on our hands. Not sure about others, but I would be bummed if we in NJ lose the $5k based on Ford's weird MSRP calculations, because I'll have to cancel my order if that is the case.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag

Me too. It is already more than I have ever spent, so I am counting on taking $12,500 off with the Fed and NJ State tax deductions. If I loose $5,000 over semantics, I am likely out. I agree that someone at Ford needs to modify the MSRP. Or, maybe we can get a clarification from the state.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E 4X, '17 Outback, '10 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag

I think we have a $5,000 crapshoot on our hands. Not sure about others, but I would be bummed if we in NJ lose the $5k based on Ford's weird MSRP calculations, because I'll have to cancel my order if that is the case.
So any thoughts on how to reach the right ears at Ford? Redesigning their sticker can only help their sales and shouldn't affect revenue, right?

ETA:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

As I was bummed about finding out my First Edition wouldn't be built until Jan 4, thus missing out on $1500 in state tax credits.

But in this case, I think you guys are pretty safe. While I never underestimate the ability of government to screw things up, that's just Ford's standard window sticker format, for any vehicle. They put the grand total in that little blue box at the bottom and call it "Total MSRP". GM's say "MSRP" as a header over the column, and lists a total "Retail Price" at the bottom. Both include delivery charges in the total. Doesn't mean they're different things, it's just the formatting of the window sticker.

As incompetent as government often is, they should be able to figure out that the delivery charge is the delivery charge, no matter how the window sticker happens to be formatted. They surely don't use the window sticker anyway, just the sales paperwork. And those are usually consistent vehicle purchase agreement forms dictated by the state. Go pull out your paperwork for your previous cars and look.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Well, a lot of info today more this evening maybe.
Two meetings already and one to go.

No problems with the supply of batteries now coming in from LG chem Poland.
The problem again with be meeting the demand 3 to 5 years from now.

EPA did clear over 300 miles on EXT RWD long range. Didn't' say anything about the other models but he was all smiles. EPA announcement will be out before December 1st.

CNET had nothing but rave reviews for the Ford Mache. The build quality and style are more on par for a vehicle in this price segment.

Demos models are almost finished.

There will be some special delivery plans to try to get as many Mache to customers in 2020 as
ford can.

OKTB is next week and Europe OKTB will be in December.

If all goes good by November 28th they will already be loaded and start heading to the dealers.

Will get to see the Mache myself this Monday. As many different reviews will be testing.

Supply is an issue with covid. As we have talked many times. But ford feels very good right now with the mache. Suppliers are working tremendous hours to keep up with the pace.

laucnqq.png

launch.png

new new.png

new.png

okaaa.png
Why would you post something that has Secret on it?

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
No they do NOT clearly say that. The word "generally" would be removed if it was an absolute.
Instead of this:

Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

it would read:
Costs not included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.
timbop, I agree 100%. I think we in NJ might be in for a $5,000 'surprise' - in a negative way.

Was so looking forward to my MachE, but if I lose $5k due to a Ford clerical error, I'll have to pass and see how the EV landscape changes in 2021-2022.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
For those worried about the incentive, i believe that it will be up to the dealers to fix it. They are wise enough to fix it on the bill.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
For those worried about the incentive, i believe that it will be up to the dealers to fix it. They are wise enough to fix it on the bill.
kryden99, I f you're referring to the NJ $5k incentive, I don't think Dealers have the latitude to change the MSRP. Only Ford can do that as far as I know.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I know here in canada the extra fees do not count as part of the MSRP which is why its a separate line on the bill. In our province the MME premium has already been cleared for the incentive. Funny enough i dont think the FE qualifies.
Sponsored