Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Maybe the latter, sort of. More likely a different approach to the regulations than past practice though. I've yet to find any regulatory changes of a recent nature relating to trunks. That doesn't mean they're not there, it just means I haven't seen them. I'm not part of Ford's regulatory compliance team, so it's not my job to stay on top of such things. I just did a cursory search of proposed rule changes and that's it.

Consider the 2021 Porsche Boxster. Large front trunk, a bit larger than the undivided MME. The Boxster has no divider and two methods of entry: the interior release (similar though not identical to the MME) and the keyfob release (also similar but not identical). Both the MME and the 718 are subject to the same safety regulations. Subject to the same child trapped inside rules. The only difference I can see is that on the Boxster, you pull once (or press the button once) then use the mechanical release under the front trunk lid. If I had to bet, the issue is with the way the Ford system does the second release and how that interconnects with the emergency release. Fortunately, despite my location on this rock (or perhaps because of it), I'm not a betting person. So I actually don't have to bet.

My only concern with the divider is if the cars do come with it and we remove them, just how ugly will the frunk liner look? Are they self-tapping screws that leave ugly scars around the holes in the liner? Are they nicely made openings for pins or Torx screws? If we leave the dividers in, that's not an issue. If you were planning on using the frunk for something larger than a tall, narrow bottle washer fluid, it might very well make that all wasted space.
Again, I believe the frunk is pretty air tight. So like a refrigerator you can run out of air pretty quick.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I think you're misunderstanding the what I'm talking about. It is a NJ rebate of $5,000 for the purchase of a vehicle with an MSRP, as set by the manufacturer, that is below $55,000. You fill out a form, add supporting documentation, send it in and they send you a $5,000 check.

My concern is that, if my windows sticker looks like the one shown, they may reject my application for being over the limit. This is a cash rebate - there's nothing to 'audit', as this is NOT the same as the $7,500 Fed tax 'credit'.
I would pose the question to them and state the Vehicle MSRP is x and the destination and shipping MSRP is Y. Two completely different line items. The MSRP for the vehicle is itemized and distinct. The MSRP for the Destination is clearly delineated as well. Then Ford adds them together but they are separated on the sticker.

You can have the dealer list the Vehicle one one line item of the contract, which they may any way, and the Destination in the next line, tax next etc.

I would be comfortable with interpretation of the Legislatures Spirit and Intent thar it's the Vehicle value they are aiming for. Again, just ask them. Good Luck!

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
No latch to release at the front so you can raise it from the side.
Opening the frunk wouldn't be the issue. There wouldn't be room. In the parking lot because you have vehicles on the sides and in the front so you can't get to it. In the garage because, well, I have to park close to the wall or the garbage cans. LOL

Just easier to use the hatch.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I don't know yet, I asked the same question to my friend and he is trying to figure it out. I know they are really worried about covid right now. It's getting pretty bad in Mexico right now. No one wants to hear it I know.
health over all else I hope

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
My concern is that, if my windows sticker looks like the one shown, they may reject my application for being over the limit. This is a cash rebate - there's nothing to 'audit', as this is NOT the same as the $7,500 Fed tax 'credit'.
Agree with @Regularmache. The MSRP is something very specific and does not include the destination fees or something like a dealer add-on or even a markup or discount. If the dealer offered a $800 discount would that change anything? They don't want to mess with these types of questions so they specified MSRP. Looks like a gimme in your favor.

The worst would be if a color added enough to move the MSRP over the limit. Now that would be a bummer! :eek:

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would pose the question to them and state the Vehicle MSRP is x and the destination and shipping MSRP is Y. Two completely different line items. The MSRP for the vehicle is itemized and distinct. The MSRP for the Destination is clearly delineated as well. Then Ford adds them together but they are separated on the sticker.

You can have the dealer list the Vehicle one one line item of the contract, which they may any way, and the Destination in the next line, tax next etc.

I would be comfortable with interpretation of the Legislatures Spirit and Intent thar it's the Vehicle value they are aiming for. Again, just ask them. Good Luck!
You can always argue that the reel base price of the vehicle is even lower has tha base Premium comes with the smaller battery and RWD. So the bigger battery and the AWD are in fact options for that car.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
health over all else I hope
Yes please. Employee health and safety is a priority over the delivery date of my Mustang Mach E. I want to know that my car was built with the employee’s safety as the first priority, then quality. Delivery can wait for those two important things ?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Today is OKTB as I remember, is that correct? Will there be an announcement for that?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yes please. Employee health and safety is a priority over the delivery date of my Mustang Mach E. I want to know that my car was built with the employee’s safety as the first priority, then quality. Delivery can wait for those two important things ?
I agree, i'm happy to wait longer.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Is there a round of build assignments this week or is it next? I think they are on a bi-weekly basis still.
Sponsored