Used Mach E pricing dropped (Carvana)

BluePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Tesla just cut prices across the board. MY that used to be $67k is now < $55k (and you can take the tax credit if you qualify pushing it to ~$47k for LR AWD). Used Tesla's are now going for more than in-stock new.

Your move Ford I guess now.

:)
Carvana going to take a massive loss on used Tesla inventory.
Sponsored

Reactions: SWO

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With Tesla's price drop, I guess the pandemic is officially over. Vroom is giving a 11k difference from two weeks ago.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Used Mach E pricing dropped (Carvana) Vroom Ja
Ford Mustang Mach-E Used Mach E pricing dropped (Carvana) Vroom Ja
I’ve been looking at trading in my MME for a Bronco (Ford Off-Roadeo event has turned me into a fanboy) and Ford dealers are telling me they are struggling to sell used MMEs. They have overpaid for inventory and can’t sell it.

I had a deal to buy a used Bronco from a private party brokered through my local Ford dealer but they balked at buying my MME at the very last minute.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Stealerships prob. looking for another bailout.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes and no. I think we're in a period of over-correction. Pandemic or not, my 2022 with 8000 miles should not be down $17k (31%) two weeks into the new model year.
You’re right. price/value fluctuations can vary widely, particularly if they are in reaction to the kind of overheated market we have seen lately.

The pandemic, interest rates, production and supply increases and the exploding EV market are all impacting MME values.

With a few exception, cars are not good investments.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yes and no. I think we're in a period of over-correction. Pandemic or not, my 2022 with 8000 miles should not be down $17k (31%) two weeks into the new model year.
Actually that is very close to the expected depreciation on new cars per-pandemic. A 50% drop in the first two years was not uncommon for luxury and higher priced vehicles. Remember in a normal car market you could get 5-10% off MSRP on a new car.

Imagine the depreciation if you spent $10k on ADM 3-4 months ago.

Last edited:

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
A new Model Y LR dual motor used to sell for $65600 before yesterday's price drop. Today it sells for $46,500 (with the tax break), a drop of a whopping $19K. It is comparable to a California Route 1 AWD extended range (MSRP $63,600), that now looks very overpriced.

This means that all used MMEs will drop in value by many thousands (at least $10K), and that the MME at MSRP is suddenly unsellable. As low as it seems, $39K will probably be the going rate for a used MME Premium once Carvana and Vroom have processed yesterday's bombshell.

BluePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
A new Model Y LR dual motor used to sell for $65600 before yesterday's price drop. Today it sells for $46,500 (with the tax break), a drop of a whopping $19K. It is comparable to a California Route 1 AWD extended range (MSRP $63,600), that now looks very overpriced.

This means that all used MMEs will drop in value by many thousands (at least $10K), and that the MME at MSRP is suddenly unsellable. As low as it seems, $39K will probably be the going rate for a used MME Premium once Carvana and Vroom have processed yesterday's bombshell.
Not every one will qualify for the tax credit, so its not a given. Depends on the household income. Or if they retirees who won't even have $7500 in tax liability to take full advantage of.

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
Carvana has serious problems going on.

I sold my 2021 Premium 4X two weeks ago. Pick the outlier from my offers:
Carmax: $45,000
KBB: $43,000
Vroom: $42,000
My dealer: $42,000
Carvana: $32,000 😬

Last edited:

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
Caravan has serious problems going on.

I sold my 2021 Premium 4X two weeks ago. Pick the outlier from my offers:
Carmax: $45,000
KBB: $43,000
Vroom: $42,000
My dealer: $42,000
Carvana: $32,000 😬
Carvana had insider information about the upcoming Tesla price drop 🤣 (I think poor financials meant they really couldn't afford to purchase additional inventory)