Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Nobody is acknowledging that value? I think a lot of people have acknowledged that the free charging is a tremendous value for SOME people...even as much as $3000 a year. I would love to have that kind of value, but since Electrify America doesn't exist in my state, the value of the free charging is almost nothing. I won't even be able to use the small amount of free charging that comes with the Mach-E. If the offer included Chargepoint and EVgo stations, I'd be all over the value.
I'm one of those folks that has no garage to charge (I Street park), so the free charging does have appeal... But then again I'm in sales and can expense all of my gas/charging, so as long as I stay in this job it doesn't really have too much effect.... But I don't want to stay in this job... so the head spinning continues lol.

Bottom line is that I will be purchasing the MME as my primary daily driver. It just remains to be seen whether the ID4 will be my wife's replacement car when her lease is up in September.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
By the way, thanks for pointing that out. There weren't any planned the last time I looked, but it's nice to see that they're at least planning one in Vermont now. Hopefully it will be installed before the free charging that comes with the Mach-E expires. But of course, at $0.75/kWh, I won't be using it after using up that free charging.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Off topic, but not completely as he was the source of many of the comments (directly and indirectly) in this thread.... did Mach-MI get banned, or did he decide he was no longer interested in a mach e anymore and remove himself from the forum?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Nobody is acknowledging that value? I think a lot of people have acknowledged that the free charging is a tremendous value for SOME people...even as much as $3000 a year. I would love to have that kind of value, but since Electrify America doesn't exist in my state, the value of the free charging is almost nothing. I won't even be able to use the small amount of free charging that comes with the Mach-E. If the offer included Chargepoint and EVgo stations, I'd be all over the value.
Even in states where EA has presence, it's a benefit some others will likely not use. Personally I doubt I will ever use anything but my L2 at home.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Off topic, but not completely as he was the source of many of the comments (directly and indirectly) in this thread.... did Mach-MI get banned, or did he decide he was no longer interested in a mach e anymore and remove himself from the forum?
Inquiring minds want to know?

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It does have traffic sign recognition. The adaptive cruise control works very much like Mach-e. I've watched it in operation in videos of other VW cars.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag

For what it is worth:

Mercedes has had this feature, "reading speed limit signs" and setting the speed under their adaptive cruise control for several years.

The first thing everyone does is disable it: For example it is inherently unsafe to be going 55 mph on I 95 (New England Turnpike) or I 495 (Long Island Expressway) the posted speed limit when everyone else is going 70 -75 mph.

Personally I find this feature totally and completely useless.

Like everyone else I know, before I left the dealer I had it disabled.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For what it is worth:

Mercedes has had this feature, "reading speed limit signs" and setting the speed under their adaptive cruise control for several years.

The first thing everyone does is disable it: For example it is inherently unsafe to be going 55 mph on I 95 (New England Turnpike) or I 495 (Long Island Expressway) the posted speed limit when everyone else is going 70 -75 mph.

Personally I find this feature totally and completely useless.

Like everyone else I know, before I left the dealer I had it disabled.
Why would you have to disable it? Just set the tolerance to 15mph over the speed limit if that's the speed you want to drive.
Sponsored