We have a working Frunk Button in FordPass!

dbernard

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You got two fobs with the car, or did you buy a second?

Could one not find a way to purchase a European fob, and have it coded? I know it's costly, but would that not work?
came with 2.
Maybe since it is the GT ?
Do you want me to ask my garage if they can supply you with a 2nd one ?
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Frunk button threads are the summer time equivalent of winter range decreases.

Here's yet another...

Last edited:

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitterā€¦and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Ommmmmmmm. I consider ownership as Beta driver. Hope to have feature on phone eventually but not a big deal. Still loving the car.

Fun seeing Liv and Patrick et al at GTP-homewarming event yesterday.

Gerynant24

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4, SR AWD
Occupation
Design Assurance Manager
Country flag
At least you all have a Mustang key fob! Here in the UK we have a standard Ford key because they havenā€™t added the RF sleep mode to the fob.
Iā€˜ve become adept at using the door numeric keypad to open the frunk. I can do if faster than it takes to load the app :)

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ommmmmmmm. I consider ownership as Beta driver. Hope to have feature on phone eventually but not a big deal. Still loving the car.

Fun seeing Liv and Patrick et al at GTP-homewarming event yesterday.
i thought it was always there along with trunk, windows up/down and horn and lights

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
For all you job 1 owners go look at Farley's latest tweet. I'm sure it will ruffle some feathers because he said that he listened to you all and connected vehicles can improve over time, while specifically referencing the frunk. šŸ˜‚

" The new Frunk button in FordPass was the result of customer feedback and a good example of how digital/connected vehicles can improve over time. "

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
For all you job 1 owners go look at Farley's latest tweet. I'm sure it will ruffle some feathers because he said that he listened to you all and connected vehicles can improve over time, while specifically referencing the frunk. šŸ˜‚

" The new Frunk button in FordPass was the result of customer feedback and a good example of how digital/connected vehicles can improve over time. "
Yeah, if you have a Job 1 Mach-E without the frunk button, you can just do like us and upgrade to a '22 GT to get it. Easy, right? šŸ˜®

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
We picked up our new Mach-E GT PE on Friday and today I discovered we have a functioning Frunk button in FordPass! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

It did seem like you were hinting at getting a GTPE for yourselves, in your GTPE video a while back. What made you do it?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
You have to setup PaaK to get the frunk button in FordPass. Unless you have a Job 1 car, in which case you wonā€™t have it either way.
Thanks for that info, and thats what I was afraid of too. Just tried setting up PAAk again, really only for the passcode setup and we have success!
Took a half hour but I finally figured it out and one more hurdle tackled!
Ford Mustang Mach-E We have a working Frunk Button in FordPass! Screenshot_20220725-191643

Tony

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm still wondering why the frunk functionality still hasn't been enabled as part of the slew of OTA updates for Blue Cruise. The code and functionality is obviously working as it's in new cars, I just don't know why it wasn't added here.

I am honestly wondering if Ford just forgot about Job1 cars not having the remote frunk release.
1. Perhaps they are working on it.
2. Perhaps additional hardware is required.
3. A combination of the two above.
4. Perhaps they never actually promised a remote frunk release on job 1 2021 cars. No idea if they did or didn't really.

Odds are very high though that they haven't forgotten about 2021 Job 1 cars and the frunk release. We're always yakking about it.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
1. Perhaps they are working on it.
2. Perhaps additional hardware is required.
3. A combination of the two above.
4. Perhaps they never actually promised a remote frunk release on job 1 2021 cars. No idea if they did or didn't really.

Odds are very high though that they haven't forgotten about 2021 Job 1 cars and the frunk release. We're always yakking about it.
They did promise it, as recently as may in a dealer note. Also promised on video by the head of the Mach E team. Itā€™s getting really frustrating now that they are rolling out different updates every month it seems and this hasnā€™t been one of them.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
It did seem like you were hinting at getting a GTPE for yourselves, in your GTPE video a while back. What made you do it?
We didn't want to jinx it and there were a lot of unknowns. But in the end, we got a great price trading our First Edition to make this possible so we got the GT on Friday. We ordered back in December and literally were't 100% sure we were doing it until Wednesday. We wanted the GT because of the increased performance and excellent ride quality with the Magneride.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
They did promise it, as recently as may in a dealer note. Also promised on video by the head of the Mach E team. Itā€™s getting really frustrating now that they are rolling out different updates every month it seems and this hasnā€™t been one of them.
Post a link please (if you have one). I'm not doubting your post but I'd like to very carefully listen to see if we heard what we wanted to hear or if it was far more specific. It's been a long time since we knew the job 1 cars were coming with a manual release and dividers, I just honestly no longer recall the exact language used/
Sponsored