What do you do with the dealer tramp stamp?

Rob-Mach-E

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robzone.net
Vehicles
2023 GTPE. Space White Nite Pony
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
Sponsored

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
Within the first week or so you can just peel it off no problem. If it’s sat adhered to the car for more than a few weeks try a heat gun or hair dryer to warm it up first.
If it still fights you, they make eraser wheels that hook to a drill. You can pick them up at your local parts store.
afterwards if there is any residue you can clean it off with acetone or isopropyl alcohol

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
I ask them to never put anything on the vehicle to begin with. I am not advertising for free (or for a fee, for that matter). I hate the stupid plate surrounds too, so I recycle them or give them back to the dealer.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Tell them not to put it on, and if they still do it, I remove it myself the day it comes home.

No free advertising on my car.

Be careful asking them to remove it, some teenager might take a razor blade to it (I’ve seen that happen).

grein002

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Red w/Gray interior
Part of my purchase agreement is "no dealer decals / advertising on the vehicle". If it is already on there, I make them remove it before I sign purchase papers. Bought my GTPE in Richmond VA on 3/7/24, and they had already applied decal, so they removed it. I also specified no front plate mount, since I live in NC and it isn't required. luckily they had not attached it.

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
I am in the no free advertising camp. When I got my Mach E, I left the dealer license frame on because it did a good job of keeping the paper temp plate in place. As soon as the metal plate came in, that cheap frame was in the trash.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I told mine NOT to put one on before I took delivery or I would make them remove it before I accepted the car, and NOT to install front license plate bracket as they are not required in NM

D

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
My Mache E only had the vinyl decal on the back, which I used some goo gone to get rid of entirely.

My RS however they drilled holes in the bumper to stick a front plate ad despite me telling them not to.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What do you do with the dealer tramp stamp? 1711651213938-yw

They also stuck a vinyl ad on the back for good measure
Ford Mustang Mach-E What do you do with the dealer tramp stamp? 1711651246742-9

I pulled off the vinly decal with goo gone and the "Focus" emblem with dental floss and goo gone in case you ever get one of those from a dealer. Pulled the floss right behind the Focus emblem and it got most of the goop with it.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I bought out of state, so I stopped by my local ford and asked them to remove the badge, they offered me some license plate holders which I also declined. If it had a ford badge I probably would have removed that too.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I got a license plate frame. I returned it at the first service.

Edit: I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to be a free billboard.

Ironic Edit: OTOH, I wish the pony was lit.

Last edited:

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Told them to take it off as they aren’t paying me to advertise for them

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Bill Luke put on what appeared to be an actual metal chrome sticker. I asked them to take it off they wouldn't. The guy that did my tail light strip did, who knows I might have knife marks under there.
Sponsored