What do you do with the dealer tramp stamp?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
both mach e purchases I told them at time of ordering not to put the dealer sticker on or any of the other add ons. On my GT they actually went ahead and put ceramic on the car which they agreed not to charge me for when I reminded them of my request.
Sponsored

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Have them take it off or just not put it on in the first place. Any decent dealer won’t have a problem with that. Otherwise they are easy to remove with a little heat and fishing line.

My primary concern was not drilling for the front plate. Thankfully they listened and didn’t mangle my new baby.

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
dont use acetone, it will damage the paint.
I use WD40, which is mostly kerosene.
goo gone is often recommended though Ive never tried it

normally a heat gun and they peel right off (for stickers).
The fancier cast plastic ones, heat, fishing line and WD

Years back I had a dealer mention to leave it on so they can identify it as one of theirs for warranty work.
Ha, that I should never have to return for warranty work somehow escapes them... quess back in the day quality was job 4, if that.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I worked at a Dealer who put a sticker on every vehicle after it was PDI'd and washed. Had to heat gun a few off upon request. I think dealer license plate frames are less offensive. I swapped the Ford dealer frame out in my MME to a Ford Performance. Much cooler.

Mcarter

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium AWD standard
Country flag
Yeah after I ordered mine, I specifically told the dealer I did not want the Front License plate bracket on there or any of their dealer advertisements on the rear. They told me they would see what they could do about it but couldn't guarantee the bracket wouldn't be on there. luckily the car arrived on a Saturday and I got an email saying it had just been delivered so I immediately caller the dealership and ask if one was on the car and they said no and I told them to put a note on the car that I did not want holes drilled in the car or no bracket.
they did not put the bracket on or a dealer emblem but they did give me the bracket with their name on it since a front plate is required in Missouri But, I just keep the plate in the front floor board of the car.

TheProgrammer

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I told them that if there was any dealer badging on the car that I would refuse delivery. Its less about them "not paying me to advertise for them", and more that I just think it looks horrendous and if I am spending a lot of money on a car, I want it to look good.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
I made sure my dealer never put one on. I told them a license plate frame was ok, but nothing on the car. When I got home the license plate frame went in the trash.

dal

First Name
DAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Make them take it off. They will without question!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
On the Maverick I just pealed the sticker off the tailgate and removed the license plate stuff when I got home.

When I purchased the GTPE from the same dealer they called to ask me if I wanted the front plate bracket installed and since Illinois is a front plate state I said yes. I didn't mention anything about dealer stickers or dealer plate surrounds and when I flew back from Sarasota to make the purchase none of those items were added.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I let's the chrome looking pieces sat on the car for almost a year. They were easy to be removed because the letters were in pieces. I had to be careful not to pull only from one side because another side will poke the paint.

Last edited:

bpbailey

First Name
BYRON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Select; '23 BMW i4; '20 Prius Prime
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
It always amazes me when I see people driving around with dealer advertising license plate frames...tacky as hell...especially when it is an upscale vehicle (Mercedes, BMW, etc.) with a Carmax or alternative automaker license plate frame (for example, "Bob's Ford" on a Mercedes) that screams, "yeah, I bought this car used". Like others have said, they aren't paying you for that advertisement. Are you too lazy to remove the tacky license plate frame or what? I don't get it...

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
I make it clear that I'll refuse delivery if there are any dealer logos on the car. The first thing I do when I get home is remove the license plate surround. Unless they intend to give me an extremely generous discount (they'd have to lose money on the sale), I'm not going to be a billboard.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I let my dealer know, I would not take possession of her if she had any stickers on. Removed the license plate holder as soon as I got her home. Thank goodness I'm in a state with no Front License plate.
Sponsored