Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Found it ! Option plugs in dealer info. :D;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this in the frunk? 1140-electric-socket-plug-types-16x9
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
it's designed to be hosed out or filled with ice
On a nitpicky side note... I find the "filled with ice" selling point to be a fail by Ford. Especially the ad where they filled it with shrimp on ice. That was an un-serious eye-roller. Even filling it with beverages on ice seems silly to me. Any kind of food/drink containers that are gonna touch people's mouths needs a container with a sealed lid on top, not just a car's hood. (Plus that's a helluva lot of wasted ice in an uninsulated compartment.)

I'd rather see them advertise more practical uses for it, like throwing snowy ski boots in there, or muddy hiking boots, or sandy beach towels. The "hose it out" selling point is a great one. But ice, not so much.

Nitpicky, I know. But that shrimp ad really bugged me. Kinda made the vehicle look like a joke.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
with beverages on ice seems silly to me. Any kind of food/drink containers that are gonna touch people's mouths needs a container with a sealed lid on top, not just a car's hood. (Plus that's a helluva lot of wasted ice in an uninsulated compartment.)
I tend to agree, but I think their point was that it is a sealed lid and not just a car hood...

OP
OP

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
On a nitpicky side note... I find the "filled with ice" selling point to be a fail by Ford. Especially the ad where they filled it with shrimp on ice. That was an un-serious eye-roller. Even filling it with beverages on ice seems silly to me. Any kind of food/drink containers that are gonna touch people's mouths needs a container with a sealed lid on top, not just a car's hood. (Plus that's a helluva lot of wasted ice in an uninsulated compartment.)

I'd rather see them advertise more practical uses for it, like throwing snowy ski boots in there, or muddy hiking boots, or sandy beach towels. The "hose it out" selling point is a great one. But ice, not so much.

Nitpicky, I know. But that shrimp ad really bugged me. Kinda made the vehicle look like a joke.
Concur. The photo of the cooler in the front trunk, made me think electric cooler, perhaps charging camera batteries, but certainly not seafood.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I tend to agree, but I think their point was that it is a sealed lid and not just a car hood...
I question how sealed it can really be though. Even if it does maintain contact around the compartment edges when closed, as soon as you open it up like a hood, there's risk of mud and other road gunk dripping down the sides and into the compartment. Or so it would seem. And from an advertising perspective, that's the impression people are going to have unless it's better explained that it has some sort of seal to prevent that. To most people watching, it looks like a typical hood.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
What? We kidnapping ewoks now?
I am certainly not. They don’t smell good. ??

However, I fit in the frunk. ??
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this in the frunk? CFA9AA99-8B8C-4DE6-8AB4-552190B71A7C
Sponsored