What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have to agree that the hanging tablet on the dash is the biggest complaint I have with the interior. It's just crying out to be smacked and broken and it really looks dorky to just have it hanging there. Same applies to the Teslas.

The screen integration is the one thing I think Caddy got right with the Lyriq:
https://autodius.com/2023-cadillac-lyriq-interior
2023-cadillac-lyriq-interior.jpg
Not sure I like that one either. Proportions look weird.

While I kind of agree about just hanging a tablet on the center dash looking just "thrown together", there are a few advantages.

(a) I like that it's equally as accessible to the passenger as the driver. There's times it's just easier to have the passenger mess with the sound system, or navigation, or climate control. Or other new Android capabilities they're giving us. It's getting more and more like our phones.
(b) The "open" design of the tablet hanging there frees up space behind and below it. And allows it to sit a little higher. While I love our Escapes, I do wish that area behind/below the center controls were open rather than closed (which is what the alternative might be if they integrated a 15.5" screen fully into the dash).

I'm afraid a fuller in-dash design would shrink the screen quite a bit.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We're awaiting that answer. What we don't know is how the 11% buffer is distributed between the high and low ends. It may be fine to charge the Mach E to 100% if it isn't really 100%. We'll have to see if they tell us, someone else figures it out, or we have to figure it our for ourselves.
This is a key point. There was no recommendation to limit charging on my Fusion Energi, and at 7 years it's showing no noticeable range drop. I have always assumed that the reserve had my back. The lower the reserve, the more you need a charge limit. Of course, a reserve is just a magically enforced charge limit.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have to agree that the hanging tablet on the dash is the biggest complaint I have with the interior. It's just crying out to be smacked and broken and it really looks dorky to just have it hanging there. Same applies to the Teslas.

The screen integration is the one thing I think Caddy got right with the Lyriq:
https://autodius.com/2023-cadillac-lyriq-interior
2023-cadillac-lyriq-interior.jpg
Must be the 3rd generation glass cockpit pilot in me, but I prefer the looks of the MME configuration. I also don't have kids, just me, my wife, and the cat. There's a bit less chance of damaging it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Must be the 3rd generation glass cockpit pilot in me, but I prefer the looks of the MME configuration. I also don't have kids, just me, my wife, and the cat. There's a bit less chance of damaging it.
My first thought is how many times I’ve driven home with a few pieces of lumber with the end sitting ...

you guessed it. Right up against the Middle of the dash.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My first thought is how many times I’ve driven home with a few pieces of lumber with the end sitting ...

Same here. Or a tree.

I can just fit something 10' long in my Escape by putting one end all the way to the front end of the dashboard. 8' 2x4s sit on the center arm rest (and able to close the lift gate).

That'll remain in the Escape though. Not gonna use the Mach-e for that.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I have a bit of an advantage. Toyota Tacoma with a long bed. I’m guessing it’ll stay after the MME arrives as I’ve been informed that nothing goes in the bed of my wife’s Raptor. Nothing.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have a bit of an advantage. Toyota Tacoma with a long bed. I’m guessing it’ll stay after the MME arrives as I’ve been informed that nothing goes in the bed of my wife’s Raptor. Nothing.
I have a Tacoma too. Great truck. But sometimes the need arises when I’m not in the truck.
Guess I’ll just Have to wait for another trip.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Something I didn’t think of. But we are going to keep the Escape around and I’ll use it for lumber runs. But since my daughter will be driving it, I cringe thinking what it will look like inside when I need to use it.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
...I’ve been informed that nothing goes in the bed of my wife’s Raptor. Nothing.
I'm struggling to understand this. Isn't the purpose of a truck bed is to put things in? Hay bales, kegs of beer, a dog, plywood, 2x4s, IKEA furniture boxes, etc

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Hmm, didn't even think of that...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same here. Or a tree.

I can just fit something 10' long in my Escape by putting one end all the way to the front end of the dashboard. 8' 2x4s sit on the center arm rest (and able to close the lift gate).

That'll remain in the Escape though. Not gonna use the Mach-e for that.
True story: In 1992 I brought home 2x10's and decking in my 1987 mustang hatchback. At the time our other car was a fiero, so the pony was it. I had the hatch open with one end sticking out the back. The passenger window was open with the seat leaned forward - with the other end sticking out over the side mirror. It took multiple short drives (I lived close to the lumberyard), and I am lucky I didn't clip the end sticking out the passenger widow on a telephone pole (I was young and dumber then). I was also lucky a cop didn't see me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm struggling to understand this. Isn't the purpose of a truck bed is to put things in? Hay bales, kegs of beer, a dog, plywood, 2x4s, IKEA furniture boxes, etc
I think it's along the lines of what I plan for the MME. "What? Are you actually suggesting I put the seats down and put my bike in the back? Are you crazy?"

The Raptor is her pride and joy. It's supposed to look dark blue, big, mean, and shiny. :)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
True story: In 1992 I brought home 2x10's and decking in my 1987 mustang hatchback. At the time our other car was a fiero, so the pony was it. I had the hatch open with one end sticking out the back. The passenger window was open with the seat leaned forward - with the other end sticking out over the side mirror. It took multiple short drives (I lived close to the lumberyard), and I am lucky I didn't clip the end sticking out the passenger widow on a telephone pole (I was young and dumber then). I was also lucky a cop didn't see me.
Just gonna repost my fanboat picture. ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else? IMAGE_00066_LI

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am all about the timing of this. If I have to wait much past the end of my lease which ends in July 2021, I am not sure I will stick with the order. I am really excited about this car, but waiting over a year seems a bit much.
Sponsored