When will Mach-E owners be able to open the frunk using Fordpass app?

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
You can do it with the 7-8 button on the driver’s door, but you have to enter your code first, so I’m not sure it’s really any faster.
If you can't do it with FP can you do it with 7-8? I never tried...figured it was similar feature set
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The frunk is the best place to put food containers you bring home from restaurants so the whole car doesn’t smell like Olive Garden for three days. Just don t forget about them!!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The more I read this forum the more I realize how many lazy people have bought Mach E's. :rolleyes:
That's why we bought $59,000 cars. :cool:

If we wanted fewer features and more effort, we'd have saved our money and bought something cheap.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
A frunk sounded like a cool idea, but I quickly realized we'd never use it for shopping. The power liftgate in the rear with the foot activation is WAY easier. We've had that on our Escape for a decade and knew how great it is. It's a very underrated feature.

We do use the frunk a little, but only for the permanently stored stuff that we just want to keep out of the way. Paper towels, microfiber cloths, and glass gleaner for the windows; extra box of Kleenex; a few emergency tools; a couple of spare hoodies for cold restaurants, etc. It's basically the car's junk drawer. 😁
Agreed. Thought we would use frunk way more. Also agree foot activated tailgate is super nice. I find myself using it for briefcase, pizza and other items I would normally throw on passenger or rear seats.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I find the frunk very useful even if Ford won’t let us early adopters have a meaningful way to open it. Especially since the stupid foot action with the hatch has proven completely unreliable.

Starting to look like my answer to the thread title is “some time after I turn the Mach E in for a Rivian”.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm guessing Tesla owners use the frunk more, for one main reason... they're trained to back in. Even when not at a charger, I see Tesla owners often just stay in the habit of backing it at store parking too. It's less convenient to open the end of the car that's facing in against a wall or other car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agreed. Thought we would use frunk way more. Also agree foot activated tailgate is super nice. I find myself using it for briefcase, pizza and other items I would normally throw on passenger or rear seats.
These really help in the rear cargo area too (if you haven't covered the carpet). $35 on Amazon. They work great.

20220512_154520.jpg

20220512_154455.jpg

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I find the frunk very useful even if Ford won’t let us early adopters have a meaningful way to open it. Especially since the stupid foot action with the hatch has proven completely unreliable.

Starting to look like my answer to the thread title is “some time after I turn the Mach E in for a Rivian”.
In 15 months, my kick-to-open has never not worked on the first try. I use it several times per week. I use the fob, not PAAK.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
In 15 months, my kick-to-open has never not worked on the first try. I use it several times per week. I use the fob, not PAAK.
Similar timeframe, mine has never consistently worked. It often opens, almost never closes even though I just opened it seconds before. I use PAAK exclusively though.

PAAK is awfully convenient but it is the source of most minor frustrations with an otherwise pretty great vehicle. Just rolled over 22k miles on ours.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I have a GTPE (Job2 - July 2021 build) and I still don't have the Frunk Button. Don't feel left out. We'll get it one day.

Ford Mustang Mach-E When will Mach-E owners be able to open the frunk using Fordpass app? 20220512_154455
If the choice is between frunk and remove passenger, I'll choose the later... Please tell me more about this option 😀

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Similar timeframe, mine has never consistently worked. It often opens, almost never closes even though I just opened it seconds before. I use PAAK exclusively though.

PAAK is awfully convenient but it is the source of most minor frustrations with an otherwise pretty great vehicle. Just rolled over 22k miles on ours.
With absolutely no proof, I think PAAK is the cause of most kick-to-open issues.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can pop the frunk from the keypad on the B pillar? Wow, did not know that. But I guess I'd have to remember my B pillar code to do that. Must look that up. I've never seen that. Is there a video out there?
I tried it and it doesn't work on my car. So not all vehicle get that feature apparently...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I tried it and it doesn't work on my car. So not all vehicle get that feature apparently...
I assume it will only work when the FordPass buttons are enabled too. If/when that ever happens for us Job 1 people.

If it's just a matter of entering a 6-digit code (our 5-digit door code + 7), I might use that. That's pretty quick (and easier on the back than the lever).
Sponsored