When will Mach-E owners be able to open the frunk using Fordpass app?

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
The real question isn’t whether it’s an eject button, but rather, whether it’s upwards ejection or downward ejection. One is an E ticket for the passenger, the other a mess and probably a bit rude.
Yeah, good thing there isn't a stick shift nearby...
Sponsored

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The safety release button inside the frunk should have a electronic release, right? If that is the case there should be a path for software to control it.

I haven't figured out how to move the hood lock into the locked position, to test out the button with the hood open.

Anyone tried this method?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I read on one of these forums that Ford ended the foot release thing in January. Don’t know if it’s true.
It is true. But if you really want it, you can likely enable it with FORScan.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The safety release button inside the frunk should have a electronic release, right?
That doesn't work in Job 1 cars either. That was the reason for the dividers in the frunk. It's easy to test, just hit the button with the frunk open and you can hear the servo if it's working. (spoiler: it isn't)

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That doesn't work in Job 1 cars either. That was the reason for the dividers in the frunk. It's easy to test, just hit the button with the frunk open and you can hear the servo if it's working. (spoiler: it isn't)
Got it. So if the button is present, it was designed to work with the motor. So is the mechanism absent in job 1's? I wonder ....

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
When will Mach e owners be able to open the frunk through the ford pass ? Anyone know
I use this functionality probably a few times a week

NJ Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Totally agree!! I doubt if I pop the hood open more than once a month and that’s just to top off the washer fluid. Opening it manually works just fine for me!

I totally agree about the need for remote activation of the frunk. On the issue of washer fluid, when I use the washer I get a heavy smell of alcohol inside te cabin. Anyone else notice this or is it an issue with my MME?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I noticed on my Job 1 car a while back that I started hearing the electric release on the first or second pull of the handle. It may have been there before but I don't remember hearing it and thought it started happening with one of the last sw updates. Still looking forward to using the phone or screen to get this working.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I tried it and it works.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am just kind of gobsmacked to learn that the RHD cars have the mechanical frunk release on the left side of the car. WTH, Ford? 😱🐩

Last edited:

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
The hardware module for the frunk release is called "Generic Function Module", GFM, and it is present on the job 1 cars. It seems to not have any other features than controlling the frunk release. As all cars has the 12V booster frunk opener wires at the front the release mechanism and relays also are present and functioning. If I remember correctly from looking at the schematics the 12V booster wires at the front bypasses the GFM and control the relay directly, so only thing missing is the activation of the signal from the GFM controlling the same relay
Sponsored