Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People keep pushing the ChargePoint charger, but I keep reading how cumbersome it is to changing the charging amperage. With the JuiceBox, I can change the charging amperage, in the JuiceBox app, in seconds. If that's a feature you want, then ChargePoint isn't a good choice.
It's true you can't change the charging amperage in the ChargePoint app once you have set it up. ChargePoint took that feature out of their app because home owners that were clueless, were setting up their chargers incorrectly.

However, you can easily change the charging amperage anytime by using the ChargePoint Service Pro app. This app's only function is to change the amperage in the HomeFlex charger. Open the app while standing next to the charger which connects via Bluetooth, select the amperage you want, confirm and you're done.
Sponsored

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
Wallbox Pulsar Plus. I have the hardwired unit and I was getting an error code, I called wallbox and they troubleshot it over the phone and sent me a new unit. Great customer service which is huge in my book.

You can change amperage in the app too. I haven't had any issues with the new one.

BlackOnGray

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 DMG MME AWD
Country flag
Both my wifeā€™s supplied mobile charger as well as mine started overheating and faulting any time the temp was 60 degrees and above in our garage. After endless emails with ford customer service blaming the outlet/wiring we decided to go with the grizzl-e charger. 5+ months (over the summer heat mind you) and we have not had a single problem. It even charges faster than both Ford mobile chargers under the same 240v outlet and 32amp setup. Grizzl-e also doesnā€™t slow down when itā€™s hot out and the charger doesnā€™t get nearly as hot to the touch.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Wallbox Pulsar Plus. I have the hardwired unit and I was getting an error code, I called wallbox and they troubleshot it over the phone and sent me a new unit. Great customer service which is huge in my book.

You can change amperage in the app too. I haven't had any issues with the new one.
I like the Pulsar Plus a lot, but I wish it would show a graph of the charging session in the app. Iā€™ve been requesting it, but Wallbox hasnā€™t given any indication that it will ever be added.
Sponsored