Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
If you don't need the car right now, there are some other appealing electric vehicles coming into the market over the next year or two.

If you want a SUV, the Chevrolet Blazer EV is reportedly going to come out late 2023. It looks like a nice alternative to the Mach-E.

If you want a large, three-row SUV, Kia's EV9 is due some time next year (some reports say early 2023, but we'll see). This is an electric version of the Telluride, but built from the ground up to be an electric vehicle.

If you want something more like a minivan, the VW ID.Buzz will supposedly be released in America some time next year.

It's unclear how much of the new EV rebate these vehicles will be eligible for, as battery production locations are harder to determine. Kia is reportedly moving up their plans by a year for an EV production factory in the USA, possibly to try and capture more of that rebate.
Very good list!

I forgot all about the GM Blazer EV - I have my GM Silverado EV WT on reservation but since that won't get started till next year, I might consider this. Is the Blazer EV a CUV or true SUV w/ body on frame design ?

I have a 2022 MME on order but no production build / start so it looks like I will be pushed into a 2023.

Not happy if I get forced into a 2023, which means I will lose the 2022 incentives that I have been waiting on as well as the color & trim I wanted.
Sponsored

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Very good list!

I forgot all about the GM Blazer EV - I have my GM Silverado EV WT on reservation but since that won't get started till next year, I might consider this. Is the Blazer EV a CUV or true SUV w/ body on frame design ?

I have a 2022 MME on order but no production build / start so it looks like I will be pushed into a 2023.

Not happy if I get forced into a 2023, which means I will lose the 2022 incentives that I have been waiting on as well as the color & trim I wanted.
The Blazer EV looks like a crossover, similar to the Mach-E, but I admit that I have not looked into it overly strongly. If you want a true SUV, the Audi e-Tron (original; they made some other variants with the "Sportback" crossover back) and upcoming Kia EV9 seem like the big options. The EV9 will reportedly have angling on the front to be able to do true off-roading, which might make it one of the few true SUVs on the market. We'll have to see how the production model really is though.

OP
OP
MisterSofa

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
I'm on the list for the Chevy Blazer. Mach E went up too much in price.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Probably stupid question, but I see here people are making reservations for various EVs to then decide whether they will keep their orders or not.

Are all the deposits fully refundable? Or partial refunds?
Unless the rules are different depending on the make? Thinking BMW, Rivian, Chevy, Ford, Cadillac, Tesla, etc.

x19

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Premium AWD ER pending dealer order
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Probably stupid question, but I see here people are making reservations for various EVs to then decide whether they will keep their orders or not.

Unless the rules are different depending on the make? Thinking BMW, Rivian, Chevy, Ford, Cadillac, Tesla, etc.
There's definitely different rules by make, but I think most are refundable. My Mach-E reservation was refundable, as was the one for my VW ID.4 but my Subaru reservation was not (though they did ultimately agree to refund it when I canceled due to an ongoing safety recall)

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

I have never put a deposit down on a vehicle and with very few exceptions I don't ever intend to. Right now though I imagine dealers love when people walk away from orders because they can just sell the vehicle for whatever ridiculous ADM they put on it once it's theirs to just sell to the public.

You see it on here from several MME owners. If you spend some time in the 2023 ordering/price mega thread, some talk about how they feel relieved they "only" paid MSRP + $10k ADM on their 2022 that they got when someone walked away from their order over what the 2023 comparable would cost them, especially without tax rebate. That dealer not only got someone else to order an MME for them at a time Ford is limiting dealer stock orders, but they got it as dealer stock and found someone to pay MSRP + $10k. So yeah, probably not too hard to find dealers to order you an Ioniq 5 and Mach E and ID.4, because if you end up getting the Ioniq 5 first, the other two dealers get a car to sell for some inflated price.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I am planning on getting a 2023 but I want to see options and pricing. My wife pretty much has taken control of my MME so I want to get one for me 😁

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag

I ordered/reserved a '23 GTPE on Thursday and my dealer didn't require a deposit. I think Ford leaves it up to the dealer to decide whether or not to require a deposit on special orders.
When I special ordered a Maverick in June of '21 they didn't require a deposit either

As far as other auto manufacturers go IDK what policies they have in place.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Unfortunately Im not going to put a 23 order. Select does not come with heated seat or wheel so mean I need to upgrade. Prices on route 1 are just crazy IMO. I think demand will come done with the prices and no tax credits which create inventory sitting next year and will have to offer something to move inventory. Going to wait it our at this time. Have other reservations with GM and will see how those turn out.
i’m out

OP
OP
MisterSofa

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
MisterSofa

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The Chevy and Caddy are only $100. Fully refundable.

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
I would consider it if it had some upgrades, whether internal or visual. For now though, I'm just happy being one of the very few Mach-E owners out here in South Dakota, especially in Grabber Blue.

For now though, I'll keep enjoying my 22 and keep watching to see if anything happens in future model years that can make me justify the larger price increase.

Right now, I'm watching and taking notes about the various new EVs coming out in the next few years.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I don't think the Tesla deposit is refundable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The Cybertruck is, but that is still vaporware.

When you reserve your MME, even the fine print says to check with the dealer on the deposit refund policy. It's not set in stone normally I think, but dealers are happy if you walk now, no idea how it will be if the car market went back to being slow.
Sponsored