Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I don't usually post on blogs, but thought I would add my illogical decision to purchase a First Edition, Grabber Blue Mach E. After tuning in to the unveiling and seeing the color, I made my decision without any other details. My sailboat is exactly the same color!!!!

Azure.undrspkr.JPG
Big jib sail. What is it? And what type boat?

Used to sail out of the Berkely Marina years ago. Forgotten most everything I once almost knew. :)

Azure

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Mustang GT convertible, 2013 Escape Titanium, 2019 Ranger
Country flag
The boat is a Catalina 275 Sport, Sail number 1. ( First Edition)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don't usually post on blogs, but thought I would add my illogical decision to purchase a First Edition, Grabber Blue Mach E. After tuning in to the unveiling and seeing the color, I made my decision without any other details. My sailboat is exactly the same color!!!!

Azure.undrspkr.JPG
Infinite Blue matches my "water vessel," too. She's not as lovely as yours, obviously. But far more compatible with the baths of water available in this dry desert suburbia.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache? lanco-pale-blue-natural-rubber-duck-1

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Infinite Blue matches my "water vessel," too. She's not as lovely as yours, obviously. But far more compatible with the baths of water available in this dry desert suburbia.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache? lanco-pale-blue-natural-rubber-duck-1
I have a rubber duck on the front-right of my dashboard, visible through my windshield, because when I bought it as a gag, four cars ago, the little UPC/brand card attached to it included the phrase "in the car, it likes to ride."

In January, 2013 (picture filename tells me when), I found this on my windshield coming out from the grocery store:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache? 1603889424402

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have a rubber duck on the front-right of my dashboard, visible through my windshield, because when I bought it as a gag, four cars ago, the little UPC/brand card attached to it included the phrase "in the car, it likes to ride."

In January, 2013 (picture filename tells me when), I found this on my windshield coming out from the grocery store:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache? 1603889424402
Apparently some Jeep owners like to leave little rubber ducks on other jeeps in parking lots. My SO has a Gladiator and had one left on his a month or so ago.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Apparently some Jeep owners like to leave little rubber ducks on other jeeps in parking lots. My SO has a Gladiator and had one left on his a month or so ago.
I did not know that. The first time that happened, I'd probably quack up.

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
Ford left a good impression on me with how they handled the recession in 2008. I’ve owned Fords ever since. I’ve wanted a performance oriented BEV for a while but just couldn’t take the plunge with Tesla. I’ve been excited ever since I heard the initial comments of a Mustang inspired BEV and have waited patiently since. They hit this one out of the park!

What’s missing? Not having seen one in person yet but based on various roadshow posts - I’d say ventilated seats and a dedicated driver button for the rear hatch. Both of those get REGULAR use in my explorer.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford left a good impression on me with how they handled the recession in 2008. I’ve owned Fords ever since. I’ve wanted a performance oriented BEV for a while but just couldn’t take the plunge with Tesla. I’ve been excited ever since I heard the initial comments of a Mustang inspired BEV and have waited patiently since. They hit this one out of the park!

What’s missing? Not having seen one in person yet but based on various roadshow posts - I’d say ventilated seats and a dedicated driver button for the rear hatch. Both of those get REGULAR use in my explorer.
Fortunately a dedicated rear hatch button can be addressed with an OTA update, but the seats of course cannot.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I am buying a MME because of a few reasons......

1) I love the way it looks and I am a Tech Nerd and this car fits the bill.

2) I have never been a fan of how the Tesla looks.

3) I ABSOLUTELY love my CMAX. I bought it in 2016 brand new and I have 180k miles on it and I just had my FIRST larger repair bill. Had to replace control arms and bushings ($600-700). Other than that, it has been an oil change every 10k miles and tire rotations.

4) I have always wanted to own a Mustang, but I am a bigger guy and gas Mustangs are uncomfortable to drive in (for me).

5) I am a Ford Fan (which is crazy because I work at a Chevrolet Dealership lol) but it has ALWAYS been good to me. No major issues.

:)

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
Fortunately a dedicated rear hatch button can be addressed with an OTA update, but the seats of course cannot.
True - I just think it makes more sense to have a physical button over by the lights. I’d use that more than max defrost but I understand why that’s important to some folks as well. It’s a minor thing but something I’d love to see in a future model year. As far as OTA implementation - its certainly possible. I just hope it doesn’t look like an afterthought (such as they did with the steering wheel heater button on sync 3).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache? F8128C23-11F8-40BD-A85B-530F4BCC2381

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I've been moving towards a BEV the last three cars - hybrid to PHEV to (soon) BEV.
I admire Tesla but I don't think EV's will get mass adoption until mass market manufacturers are producing them; until now all the alternatives to Tesla were either too expensive (IPace, eTron) or not that much fun (Bolt, Ioniq). And I appreciate that Ford stood up for the CARB standards against the Administration - the Mustang Mach E will be the sixth Ford in a row we have purchased.

Now that I've seen it close up and ridden in one, I'm pretty sold so not very much I would critique. Small things that would make it an even more compelling sell (frankly these are all features on my 2017 Fusion Energi Platinum that, while I can live without, I'll be a little sorry to lose):

- 10 way power seats (add a tilting function) with cooling/ventilation
- Dimming side view mirrors
- USB port in covered central storage compartment (to plug in MP3, and leave it semi-permanently)
- Felt lined glove box

More range always nice; would make road trips easier. However I'll only very occasionally need more range than the standard battery with AWD is targeted to provide; not worth $5K to get another 50 miles or so of range and half second of 0-60 time.

Last edited:

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

It would be a real shame (and very untimely) if there is no button to control the rear hatch. In today's world, it is not uncommon to do a contactless curbside pickup at a store or restaurant. When we do those with our RAV4, we pull into the pickup spot, push the button to open our rear hatch, wait until the items are placed in the back area by the delivery person, and then push the button to close our rear hatch. Would be sad if the Mach-E does not allow that without needing to pull out a FOB or a phone.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
It would be a real shame (and very untimely) if there is no button to control the rear hatch. In today's world, it is not uncommon to do a contactless curbside pickup at a store or restaurant. When we do those with our RAV4, we pull into the pickup spot, push the button to open our rear hatch, wait until the items are placed in the back area by the delivery person, and then push the button to close our rear hatch. Would be sad if the Mach-E does not allow that without needing to pull out a FOB or a phone.
It can be done from the screen. That may be something that can be set as a card as well.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It can be done from the screen. That may be something that can be set as a card as well.
Thanks for the reminder. If it the function can be kept visible on screen, that would be great!
Sponsored