Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
no hoops just fact. The interest rate difference alone is enough to make the model y cost more.
What's wrong with the tires I've put them to the test in more ways than you could imagine. No problems.

But if we are taking a stab about tire size lol, I guess we could say Telsa made a car that looks like a catfish or a man wearing a pair of pantyhose to try to get more range or is that acceptable to get more range?

Simply put with the tesla price increase 3 times this year. Mache is cheaper. That's it that's just it.
Wow! I'm constantly amazed at the Tesla hate I see here. I mean, the Mach-e is a good EV but that doesn't make every other EV crap.

We should all be glad we have more good choices to chose from. What a great time to live for people who love EV's!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Wow! I'm constantly amazed at the Tesla hate I see here. I mean, the Mach-e is a good EV but that doesn't make every other EV crap.

We should all be glad we have more good choices to chose from. What a great time to live for people who love EV's!
Same old like how many times have we heard this people?
Anyways

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
The original Edmunds test revealed the Model Y could not make its EPA range. The updated test confirmed that, even with the drive it until it stops moving addition requested by Tesla. The AWD ER MME? 304 miles without the drive it until it literally dies addition. EPA estimated range? 270 miles.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 754469E6-9D3E-4774-A804-4F1C1E295FEE
It looks like you are comparing the Edmonds test of the Model Y Performance, not the Model Y. The Performance is well known to have quite a bit less real world range vs. the regular Model Y. And it should - it's blazingly fast at only 3.5 seconds 0-60. Even the regular, plain Jane Model Y is faster than the Mach-e, those are more apples to apples comparisons.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
It looks like you are comparing the Edmonds test of the Model Y Performance, not the Model Y. The Performance is well known to have quite a bit less real world range vs. the regular Model Y. And it should - it's blazingly fast at only 3.5 seconds 0-60. Even the regular, plain Jane Model Y is faster than the Mach-e, those are more apples to apples comparisons.
We can all read what is tested. He was pointing out that Teslas fail to reach their EPA range even when they drive below 0%, but the Mach-E surpassed their range. This has been covered multiple times. It isn't Tesla hate. Those are facts. You have found another thread to defend Tesla at all costs. At least this one is somewhat on topic.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Same old like how many times have we heard this people?
I think that's simply a reflection of how often the hate is spewed and how venomness it is. It's notable enough to stand out as odd. Nobody would comment on it if it were not so over-the-top.

I've been participating in car forums most of my life and light-hearted ribbing of the competition is normal but this is something completely different than anything I've seen before. Very odd.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
We can all read what is tested. He was pointing out that Teslas fail to reach their EPA range even when they drive below 0%, but the Mach-E surpassed their range. This has been covered multiple times. It isn't Tesla hate. Those are facts. You have found another thread to defend Tesla at all costs. At least this one is somewhat on topic.
I get that, the Tesla hate was a stand-alone comment. But back on-topic, isn't that comparing the Performance version of the Model Y with the non-performance Mach-e?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I get that, the Tesla hate was a stand-alone comment. But back on-topic, isn't that comparing the Performance version of the Model Y with the non-performance Mach-e?
Look at the chart. Read the articles. You've been on here long enough to know the issue is that it is all Teslas fail to meet their EPA range. That is the point. It is across the board so why would the LR Y be any different? And you have been on here long enough to know other evidence from people like Alex on Autos have shown similar results.

What's your avg wh/mile?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think that's simply a reflection of how often the hate is spewed and how venomness it is. It's notable enough to stand out as odd. Nobody would comment on it if it were not so over-the-top.

I've been participating in car forums most of my life and light-hearted ribbing of the competition is normal but this is something completely different than anything I've seen before. Very odd.
Listen to ben sullen own video. Tesla fanboys are considered the worse out there. He is a great tesla person. You have people not buying a telsa because they don't want that image. That says something. It says a lot. Again a lot of the people here have been here a long time. They have dealt with the tesla fanboys coming in starting stuff over and over.

The closer the mache got to being manufactured until now. Facts coming out showing the mache does some things better than the model y. It pissed tesla fanboys off to no end. Now people are seeing the range is more in the mache and it let them up and they are losing it. People are tired of it, so if you wanna talk the tesla talk feel free to go to the tesla forums. If you going to say well the model y is faster than the mache, ok it is. That is a fact. But don't come up with butt hurt stuff when it's the other way around when the mache does something better than the model y. That is the point. Like your comments about the mache being cheaper. Sorry bro it is cheaper. move on or get over it.

One of the other youtube reviews I know who had a tesla said the fanboys are rabid like Xbox game fans. People just tired of it.
I mean look at this fanboy. Gezz

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wow! I'm constantly amazed at the Tesla hate I see here.
You're amazed by it? You're the main person posting the phrase "Tesla hate" regularly. I don't understand why, though. It doesn't seem like adding "Tesla hate" to discussions is helping anyone's cause.

I don't think most people here have ever publicly said, "I hate that company."

It's okay to point out aspects of Ford Motor Company and Mustang Mach-E that are objectively or subjectively better than those of Tesla, Inc. or Model Y. That's the point of this thread. It doesn't mean we all "hate Tesla."

☮✌

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Listen to ben sullen own video. Tesla fanboys are considered the worse out there. He is a great tesla person. You have people not buying a telsa because they don't want that image. That says something. It says a lot.
Truth. Last summer I looked really hard at skipping out on my MME reservation and just buying a Model 3 LR. I was annoyed at Ford's horrible lack of communication, so I went and test drove a model 3. I liked it a lot, especially the sporty size and quickness. So I did more research, and the more I did the more I realized that all the baggage associated with it just wasn't for me:
  • Before doing my test drive, I read the manual to familiarize myself with the car. I realized immediately that my wife would have a hard time getting used to the UI because you have to drill into the screen even to adjust the steering wheel or turn on the wipers. She would try it once and say "forget it". That's OK, because it would be my car so not that big of a deal - but still something to factor in the decision.
  • I watched a ton of videos, and slowly a pattern emerged. Most people unconditionally loved their cars and Tesla even when there were major defects and Tesla basically told them "too bad, it's in spec".
  • More concerning was the obvious push from Musk to just get cars out the door regardless of whether they were correctly assembled or not. This was obviously done solely to ensure he made his bonuses. It went beyond just misaligned panels; nuts and bolts were simply not installed. OK, limited cases but clearly there was a problem and Musk tried to solve it by firing the people who were afraid of covid despite his promise that he wouldn't.
  • Then, figuring I could learn more of the inside story I went onto a Tesla forum. That was eye opening. Clearly there was a personality cult involved, and I knew if I did get a Tesla I would not ever join that community of former high-school bullies and acolytes.
  • Those things were all concerning, but what finally did it for me was when I also researched getting Solar panels. On Tesla's own forum person after person told the same story of problems and that Tesla's direct sales model (which is a euphemism for being placed in email jail) left them paying for something that didn't work and they had no way to get it fixed.
Now, a fan of Tesla will probably classify that as "Tesla hate". But, just like the facts that @trutolife27 brought out: everything I wrote is true. At one time I really admired Musk because his mission was to try to save humanity from itself. Somewhere along the way that changed to "do whatever is necessary to get more fame and fortune", and I am not interested in furthering that goal.

Like everything else the Mach E has its warts and clearly the software isn't fully baked yet. That's normal - every major new innovation is imperfect and requires several iterations to meet its potential. That is especially true for software. Ford appears to be doing everything they can to own the problems and fix them rather than gaslight and blame their customers. I respect that as much as I once respected Musk.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I have about 12 on ignore. You'll quickly spot those folks. The forum is more manageable with a select few on ignore.
Sponsored