Mwjdavies

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR Rapid Red
Country flag
Apart from all the bug fixes and things above, my main thing I’d like to see if ability to use screen for video playback when parked, be it native YouTube app, or steaming from mobile To screen
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My latest list of requested features, ranked:
  1. Add a setting that, if toggled on, will automatically engage the front and 360cams when driving under 3 mph. The system already switches the cams on based upon proximity to objects, but proximity alone isn’t sufficient for a couple reasons. First, the cams aren’t triggered until I feel I am already too close to the wall, etc. Second, the overhead cam would help me park perfectly inside lines even when there aren’t any cars or walls around to trigger the proximity sensors. Oh and just for grins, why not make the car top in the 360 cam actually match my paint color?
  2. Make the volume knob even more useful by allowing it to also control climate control settings. This would be super easy to implement. Just code it so that if a climate button is tapped (temp, fan speed, even the heated seat) the knob will control that for maybe two seconds instead of volume. I love the volume knob but it would be so simple to make it even more useful.
  3. Make “Intelligent” ACC smarter. When it sees a lower speed limit sign, start slowing down to that speed before you reach the sign. That’s the traffic law!
  4. Charging: add battery preconditioning, both manual and when a fast charge station is selected in nav.
  5. Show charging status on screen during public charging.
  6. Charging: expand the fast charging cliff to 90%
I know the last one is wishful thinking, but doesn’t hurt to include it. All the others seem pretty obvious and easy to implement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The brake pedal mapping is way too touchy. They need to add some play to it. You barely tap it now and it really kicks it and throws you forward. It's dramatically different than, say, an Escape. Or pretty much any other typical ICE.

Makes it really hard to switch between vehicles.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Yes, like escaping through a forest fire! Been there, done that. RE locking in for everyday use, I find I am developing the habit of starting, then setting Trip 1 and Recirc. Every time I drive.... And, often, the recirc button does not stay and I have to touch it again later in the drive.
It also impacts the interior cabin TEMPs and the HVAC/E-Heat... When in lower / humid conditions... allowing all that cold air into the cabin then triggers the HEAT...

Also, in the South where we get 1+ inches of Pollen per hour...

PLEASE allow the LATCH/LOCK Recirc!

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
  1. Add a setting that, if toggled on, will automatically engage the front and 360cams when driving under __ mph. Maybe allow users to adjust the trigger speed between 1 to 5mph. The system already switches the cams on based upon proximity to objects, but proximity alone isn’t sufficient for a couple reasons. First, the cams aren’t triggered until I feel I am already too close to the wall, etc. Second, the overhead cam would help me park perfectly inside lines even when there aren’t any cars or walls around to trigger the proximity sensors. Oh and just for grins, why not make the car top in the 360 cam actually match my paint color?
  2. Make the volume knob even more useful by allowing it to also control climate control settings. This would be super easy to implement. Just code it so that if a climate button is tapped (temp, fan speed, even the heated seat) the knob will control that for maybe two seconds instead of volume. I love the volume knob but it would be so simple to make it even more useful.
  3. Make “Intelligent” ACC smarter. When it sees a lower speed limit sign, start slowing down to that speed before you reach the sign. That’s the traffic law!
  4. Charging: add battery preconditioning, both manual and when a fast charge station is selected in nav.
  5. Charging: expand the fast charging cliff to 90%
I know the last one is wishful thinking, but doesn’t hurt to include it. All the others seem pretty obvious and easy to implement.
Wait a minute? Slow down? I thought those signs were minimum speed limits. We're driving a Mustang, right? ?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The one feature I noticed is missing is the ability to set an ad-hoc charging departure time and capacity.

E.g. I normally have the car set to charge up to 80% overnight (based on my electric utility's time-of-rate plan).

BUT... I have had a couple of instances where I know I have to do a lot of driving the next day and on those days I want the car to charge to 100% overnight ... not 80% as it is every other night.

What I want is a way to tell the car to charge to 100% for the one night I want it ... without having to mess with other settings or trying to create a recurring event.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The one feature I noticed is missing is the ability to set an ad-hoc charging departure time and capacity.

E.g. I normally have the car set to charge up to 80% overnight (based on my electric utility's time-of-rate plan).

BUT... I have had a couple of instances where I know I have to do a lot of driving the next day and on those days I want the car to charge to 100% overnight ... not 80% as it is every other night.

What I want is a way to tell the car to charge to 100% for the one night I want it ... without having to mess with other settings or trying to create a recurring event.
Yep. Here's what I thought would be a good way to handle it...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-changes-enhancements.4402/page-2#post-131474

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
  1. Add a setting that, if toggled on, will automatically engage the front and 360cams when driving under 3 mph. The system already switches the cams on based upon proximity to objects, but proximity alone isn’t sufficient for a couple reasons. First, the cams aren’t triggered until I feel I am already too close to the wall, etc. Second, the overhead cam would help me park perfectly inside lines even when there aren’t any cars or walls around to trigger the proximity sensors. Oh and just for grins, why not make the car top in the 360 cam actually match my paint color?
  5. Show charging status on screen during public charging.
  6. Charging: expand the fast charging cliff to 90%
The more I think about it, I think my suggestion #1, about being able to toggle a setting to automatically bring up the 360 and front cams below a certain speed, isn’t that simple. It would actually be annoying if this were to happen every time you come to a stop on the road. The idea is for it to come up when parking.

So an alternate even easier solution: just allow users the ability to make a main screen tile to access these cams with one tap. No need to overthink this.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The more I think about it, I think my suggestion #1, about being able to toggle a setting to automatically bring up the 360 and front cams below a certain speed, isn’t that simple. It would actually be annoying if this were to happen every time you come to a stop on the road. The idea is for it to come up when parking.

So an alternate even easier solution: just allow users the ability to make a main screen tile to access these cams with one tap. No need to overthink this.
I've gone back and forth on that too. While a one-button camera icon always on the screen would be a good idea too, I want an option for automatic as well. When pulling into parking spot or a garage, looking over at the screen to touch a button every time is annoying, slow, and can be a bit dangerous when you're already close to other objects.

I think I'd still prefer an optional setting for a proximity distance. Maybe configurable to like 5 feet or 10 feet. Usually that's far enough away from the car in front of you at a stoplight that it won't come on. If it does, well, probably a good way to coach people not to get that close at a stoplight. Plus being an option, anyone could turn it off if they find it coming on too often.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag

I haven’t played with it in the car, but you can do it in the FordPass app. I’ve done it a couple times.

Under Manage Charging there is a little “View More” link. You press that and tell it to charge to 100%

59DEFE27-2835-476B-ADFF-2FC7E79A5E00.jpeg
741523A1-E402-49BD-A3A0-EE810503F4E7.jpeg

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag

In the Ford pass app when the car is plugged in I've seen a button that says "charge to 100% now" which I imagine would override your normal limit. I can't remember if it's there only when the car is charging or even when just plugged in.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven’t played with it in the car, but you can do it in the FordPass app. I’ve done it a couple times.

Under Manage Charging there is a little “View More” link. You press that and tell it to charge to 100%

59DEFE27-2835-476B-ADFF-2FC7E79A5E00.jpeg
741523A1-E402-49BD-A3A0-EE810503F4E7.jpeg
When the app actually works right. I've tried it a few times and it was anything but dependable.

They really need a place on the car itself to do an override. Also having the option in the app is fine too, but the car itself really needs a place to do an override.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I feel like the recent activity cards are not a great design and are just papering over the poor design elsewhere. If you could get to the various parts of the system very quickly, you wouldn't need shortcuts like that

I think they need to shrink down the size of some stuff, and put always-on-screen buttons to some of the things people are always needing to get to and they should have a certain number of customizable shortcuts that you can have go to literally any page anywhere in the system or toggle any setting anywhere in the system

And, one final note.. while I hope to not be resetting my car very often, I'm working through a connectivity problem and doing several. They should have the radio default to off, not to 570 AM, when you perform a factory reset or when the system is turned on for the first time. The audio comes on while the Ford logo is still spinning and you think the system is fried
Sponsored