Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Auto tilt side mirrors when going in reverse. Having it before, and on other vehicle we have, it's very, very nice. Makes backing up so much easier. I haven't gone 100% camera yet.
Only if it can be turned off. I thought I’d like this on our mini more than I do. Makes it hard to back up next to another car in my opinion. Prefer the 360 view over this personally.
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The cameras are great, but they don't automatically come on the screen nearly often enough. It feels like a wasted great resource.

I wish there were an optional setting to automatically activate the camera screen when proximity sensors detect any object within 10 feet (while the car is in Drive).
Or when perpendicular parking. Our Camry has this and it’s killer. The MME is a big car with lots of blind spots. The cameras really help with parking but they trigger too late to line up in the space.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, even if you manually pull up the camera screen, I don't think it's allowed to display while the car is moving forward above a certain speed.

I wouldn't want it displaying all the time though, just at slow speed approaching parking spaces, garages, etc. In other words, when getting ready to park.

Automatic proximity detection of something like 10 feet would be best, but if not that, then maybe coming on automatically below 5 MPH?
Except at intersections. It’s a pain to adjust other functions sitting at a red light when the camera always triggers.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I think that volume knob could be multi function. Touch the heated seat control and then the volume knob would cycle up or down through the settings. Same for temp, fan speed and anything else that has a slider control.
Yeah Jaguar/LR does this with their knobs.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My main request is to allow us to lock in recirculated air. The current setup will not allow a person to do this. This feature is especially important when driving through an area with heavy unpleasant odors and would be most importantly need if driving through an area with actually toxic fumes.

Spock151

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE GB, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Product Manager
Country flag
The cameras are great, but they don't automatically come on the screen nearly often enough. It feels like a wasted great resource. And like most things on the screen, it's too cumbersome to have to reach over and go through menus for something you need in 2 seconds.

They come on automatically when you put the car in Reverse, which is fine. And when you get close enough to something that the parking proximity detectors kick in. But that's only like within 12" or so. Most of the time those don't even kick in when pulling into a park spot, or your garage. But the camera (especially the 360) would be GREAT to have on the screen as soon as you start to pull into a parking spot (to see the lines for centering, and any cars around you). Also as soon as you enter your garage so you can better see the obstacles around you, and the edge of the slab behind you for seeing where to stop for garage door clearance.

I wish there were an optional setting to automatically activate the camera screen when proximity sensors detect any object within 10 feet (while the car is in Drive).
Agree with this completely. The cameras not coming up readily on forward parking is driving me nuts. Menu is buried too deep in the UI to be easily accessed, and the UI isn’t exactly fast getting there.

Our other car has 360 cameras and we love using them for parking, plus they activate well and in the rare cases they don’t there is an easy button to launch the parking view. Hoping this makes the OTA update list quickly.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
IMO we will not see more power via OTA before the release of the GT.
I agree with you on this one. Doubt they will give us more power until after the GT is released then all may get that option.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Here's two more, both involving the Walkaway Lock.

Change the sound from the annoying horn beep to a gentler chirp. Or add an option for either choice (OFF-CHIRP-HORN). The horn is way too loud and obnoxious, especially in a garage.

And speaking of garages, there needs to be a GPS location exemption for home (like the custom charging location schedules) on the Walkaway Lock feature. This thing locks and unlocks every time I walk into my garage. And does it a dozen times if I'm actually doing work in the garage. I'm afraid I'm going to burn out the mechanisms from overuse.
I turned off the horn, just look back once to make sure the mirrors have turned inward. But, I do like the notion of having a "Safe Here" setting that turns off the walk-away lock for certain locations.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I would like the option to keep mirrors folded until backed out of the garage.
There is already a switch on the door next to the mirror adjustment buttons. When I start, I touch that button and the mirrors quickly fold in. At first I realized I couldn't see the side mirrors, BUT the top view on the main screen shows everything I need while backing up in tight quarters.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
At first I realized I couldn't see the side mirrors, BUT the top view on the main screen shows everything I need while backing up in tight quarters.
The side views in the 360 camera aren't distorted when the cameras are folded?

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My main request is to allow us to lock in recirculated air. The current setup will not allow a person to do this. This feature is especially important when driving through an area with heavy unpleasant odors and would be most importantly need if driving through an area with actually toxic fumes.
Yes, like escaping through a forest fire! Been there, done that. RE locking in for everyday use, I find I am developing the habit of starting, then setting Trip 1 and Recirc. Every time I drive.... And, often, the recirc button does not stay and I have to touch it again later in the drive.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The side views in the 360 camera aren't distorted when the cameras are folded?
Yes, a bit, but I can see the front and rear clearly, so can interpolate the side. Just don't want a mirror arguing with a post or jamb.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How about a quick save button for a destination or arrival location? Quick save button for XM stations. Don't want to try to remember where to find those deep in the menu tree. Oh, and how about a menu tree in the onscreen manual?