Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I wish the backup START code would work just like the DOOR code... without needing a phone with PAAK active.

I don't want PAAK (at least yet), but I do want to set a backup START code. It should work just like setting a DOOR code. And it shouldn't require an authorized phone.
I was wondering about this. I only set up PaaK because I locked my keys in my office one day and had to drive to get an office key from a colleague?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂. Figured since I'd set it up I would also set up the backup start code.

However, I always have the Fob with me otherwise and was thinking of turning off PaaK since it is always showing as active on my phone. And my Pixel 4XL's battery is bad enough as it is lol. If I turned off PaaK, does that eliminate the backup start code?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was wondering about this. I only set up PaaK because I locked my keys in my office one day and had to drive to get an office key from a colleague?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂. Figured since I'd set it up I would also set up the backup start code.

However, I always have the Fob with me otherwise and was thinking of turning off PaaK since it is always showing as active on my phone. And my Pixel 4XL's battery is bad enough as it is lol. If I turned off PaaK, does that eliminate the backup start code?
It did for me, but I only tested it once. Be curious if others are seeing the same thing. The start code still worked on the car an hour after I deactivated PAAK on the phone, but the next day it was gone from the car. I assume it automatically sync'd overnight or something.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
hope - any updates at all at this point
The car has been out two months, they are going to do updates. They've already pushed one, even if it was just minor updates and mostly a smoke test for the update system. They wouldn't have built the infrastructure and functionality, which is a considerable cost, if they didn't plan on using it

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Adding to my wishlist... I wish the car did not close the contactor every time I walked near it with my phone. I hate having it plugged in at home and having it pull power all the time for no reason.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Two minor OTA wish list items -

1. The "This Trip" counter does not consistently re-set distance (time is at 0 every start up and miles per kwh at 999, but distance is sometimes 0 and sometimes still at distance of last trip)

2. The "shuffle" and "repeat" buttons are virtually indistinguishable between engaged and disengaged. Wish they were different colors, or at least a much stronger bold, when activated.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Slightly off topic, but I was sitting in my car for a late lunch and just got an OTA update. Sadly no details about what was fixed. I've been looking online for information but doesn't appear it's documented anywhere.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements PXL_20210408_214455494
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements Screenshot_20210408-145047
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements Screenshot_20210408-145532

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got back from a road trip. Realizing how important factoring in elevation is when planning out drive legs between chargers. It's great that the Ford nav screen shows elevation, but I like Android Auto better for other features, so I use it for actual nav. Unfortunately AA doesn't show elevation though.

I wish the current elevation would appear on the Ford Nav tile as well (maybe in place of the state, or below it). That way there would be an active altimeter displaying on the screen (down in the tile section) even while using Android Auto in the main (upper) section of the screen.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This has already been mentioned but I want to reiterate it for both functions... Those slide bars for cabin TEMP and SEAT WARMER are a pain in the butt!! Especially while driving. Get ride of them.

Seat heat should operate like the AUTO button, that rotates between 1-2-3-OFF on each press.

Cabin temp should simply have the +/- buttons and temp# it already has, but WITHOUT the slide bar that pops up over the top of it when you first touch it.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
This has already been mentioned but I want to reiterate it for both functions... Those slide bars for cabin TEMP and SEAT WARMER are a pain in the butt!! Especially while driving. Get ride of them.

Seat heat should operate like the AUTO button, that rotates between 1-2-3-OFF on each press.

Cabin temp should simply have the +/- buttons and temp# it already has, but WITHOUT the slide bar that pops up over the top of it when you first touch it.
I agree, but if im not mistaken, there is an auto heating seats so it would be A, 1, 2, 3, off. I will have to validate what im saying since my girlfriend is gone with the car for now

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree, but if im not mistaken, there is an auto heating seats so it would be A, 1, 2, 3, off. I will have to validate what im saying since my girlfriend is gone with the car for now
I don't think there's an auto setting for that. They do come on with remote start, but that's different.

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium
Country flag
Sync 4 Screen:
At one point someone suggested being able to customize both screens. I would really like to have the clock and temperature FONT size increased. There is a lot of space beside profile icon. Seems like a pretty easy fix to me!!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What does the “Auto” setting do for the seat warmers?
And if you keep your cabin at 20 degrees, I can understand why you want to use seat warmers ???

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What does the “Auto” setting do for the seat warmers?
And if you keep your cabin at 20 degrees, I can understand why you want to use seat warmers ???
The decimal point means it's C, not F. 21C is about 70F.
Sponsored