Would you pay for BlueCruise?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
BlueCruise handsfree driving is what you paid $600 for (if you paid for it). Intelligent Cruise with Stop and Go has no subscription and isn't new.

Probably 1/2 the comments about BlueCruise made in these threads have nothing to do with BlueCruise.

Malacandra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, DMG
Occupation
Web Development Director
Country flag
Iā€™ve had Blue Cruise since I got my car in January, and I find that Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Centering is all that I need.

I donā€™t need to take my hands off the wheel, which is the only functional difference. Since it can drop out from BC to ACC or even manual control at any time, it makes sense to keep my hands on the wheel to take control quickly anyways. And after years and years of driving, thatā€™s where they feel most comfortable being, anyways.

I LOVE ACC w/Lane Centering: but paying $200/year to take my hands off the wheel seems silly. If lane centering went away with BC, though, I would pay for that.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Nope. It works on almost every road I've driven here in the North East but I don't enjoy using it at all. It wanders from side to side in the lane when traveling straight and turns every curve into a series of tiny corrections. The car does the adaptive cruise great, I prefer to just use that and do my own steering. I'd probably do the same even if the hands-free lane centering worked perfectly. Like Cm12, I'd pay $20 or maybe $50 a year just to watch how Ford (hopefully) improves it over time.
You may want to see if an IPMA alignment/calibration will help. I am back and forth between northern NH and Logan Airport. I enable it when I get on 93 and don't disable it until I get to the Rt 1 exit for Logan. I especially like how it handles bumper-to-bumper traffic with frequent stopping. I probably take control less than ten times and it is generally due to 93/293 split, Hooksett tolls, and construction (I don't include taking control for passing). The only thing I don't use is speed limit sign recognition as it occasionally picks up the minimum speed limit signs in New Hampshire.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yes.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Nope.

Love the adaptive cruise control but find blue cruise annoying.

Amusingly, I find it nags me less about keeping my eyes on the road, if I take my glasses off.

Yeah, a guy named "Magoo" whose car wants him to take his glasses off to drive.

What could go wrong??

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I will wait and see how it goes for the next 11 months of free use. I am headed out on a trip at the end of July and want to see how it works for several hours of freeway driving. Also it may depend on what improvements Ford might put out.

So far it works fine on local freeways, but would be better if it could navigate the interchanges hands free.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Autopilot is free.
Yeah, not it's not.

It is a feature on a vehicle that costs a certain amount of money.

To say BlueCruise costs $600 is also wrong. BlueCruise did not exist in early 2021 vehicles. When BlueCruise was installed in factory vehicles, yes, the price was raised. However, are there not pre-Autopilot Tesla cars that cost less?

My 2022 has BlueCruise. I had no option to buy a 2022 Premium without it, nor were there any options that cost money in my car, except the extended battery, and my Rapid Red Metallic paint. Therefore, BlueCruise was free for me, right?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Yes, absolutely love.it for road trips. Game changer.

Edit: other option would be to switch the road tripping to my ordered Lightning and not keep Blue cruise on the Mach-e. Haven't made that call yet.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Since Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 (the hardware required for BlueCruise to work) was not available for my car, I didnā€™t order it. Therefore, since my car canā€™t use BlueCruise due to hardware limitations, I would not pay for it. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
Maybe my roads in Oklahoma aren't as reliability mapped, but BC never stays activated long enough to enjoy it. It is constantly transitioning between hands-free, hands-on and adaptive cruise control with and without lane keep.

I would not pay one wooden nickel for Blue Cruise.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Maybe my roads in Oklahoma aren't as reliability mapped, but BC never stays activated long enough to enjoy it. It is constantly transitioning between hands-free, hands-on and adaptive cruise control with and without lane keep.

I would not pay one wooden nickel for Blue Cruise.
Might want to update your ā€œold timeyā€ saying.

ā€œThe most valuable wooden nickel known is the 1933 Olsen specimen Liberty Wooden Nickel, which is valued at $3,737,500. (Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/wooden-nickels.357045/)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In general for me if it actually engages it works pretty well. Sure, it does disengage if you're in a lane that splits for a merge on or off, but generally if it engages it does very well. My problem is that I've been driving the exact same roads and sometimes it engages and others it just refuses to do so for the entire drive. It makes no sense as it will engage in bad weather but in clear weather with the sun at my back it won't come on. The roads I'm referring to have a median in between, and it almost seems like one side is much more reliable than the other - as if they mapped one side of the road and not the other.

But as for the OP: it literally only engages 50% of the time, and at this point even though I do love it when it's on I won't be paying for it.
Sponsored