Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
100% - but at the 2023 prices it would a much more deliberate decision. I ordered a '22 in Oct. last year and it was basically an impulse buy. My wife and I absolutely loved the looks and wanted to move to an all-electric drivetrain. It's not our primary car, but it gets driven the most. I look for excuses to take it out and drive it.

The only difference I'd make would be to drive a few more cars that weren't really around a year ago, like the EV6. Never considered Tesla, and still wouldn't.
Sponsored

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?

If not, which one would you go for?
YES, no 2nd thoughts. On fact we are about to have 2 mach e in the garage!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
No, I wouldn't buy it again in its current state. That doesn't mean I don't like the car. I do really like it and am mostly happy with it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Probably, I really like it! I'm all about the performance so I'm tempted by an EV6 GT now that they are coming out. I greatly prefer the look of the Mach E though.
What does the EV6 GT get you that the Model 3P didn’t offer a few years ago for cheaper?

If the EV6 were larger and better looking I could understand the temptation.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?

If not, which one would you go for?
I bought mine when it first came out Job 1 car here so not many options other than Tesla back then. I would say yes although with more options like the Cadilac and the Mercedes I might be tempted to buy one of those. I do like the Mach-e though even with all the bumps along the way of owning an early version.

CA RTE 1

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RTE 1 ER, Escape, and Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As much as I enjoy the car and it is worthy of being purchased again, I would not buy another Ford product based on their approach to not proactively fix the bad HVBJB.

I know I am in the minority but their software fix is no guarantee of the car not bricking.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah… love the car, love the decision I made, love the price I got back in spring ‘21. But at today’s pricing I’d be giving the EV6 and I5 serious consideration.

I still think MME is better, but the price is getting out of whack.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I tend to agree. I was considering chopping my 21 in for a 23, but it’s around £15k more for pretty much the same car.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
As I just picked up our second December 8th that would be yes. I am glad I did get my order in before the price hike. I really love the car but man o man the point of entry is getting steep.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Since for the last year you could SELL it for more than you paid for it…….. anyone who honestly says “no” is just punishing themselves for not selling it yet.

Every day you keep it is a decision to buy it all over again at its current value. It’s the same with anything you own.
In some states maybe. The 9.4% sales tax on all car purchases here makes that a bit more complicated. Unless I trade to the same dealer, I take a 9.4% hit even if my car doesn’t depreciate at all.

You also had to foresee this market, and put an order in for a new vehicle a year ago. But selling my MME at the market high would only have given me the ability to trade to an ICE car at the market high. It’s not like EVs were sitting on lots at MSRP last summer. Do I wish I had ordered a new car the exact same day I picked up my 2021 Mach E? Sure. But if we’re going off hindsight, there are some stock trades that would have been an even better decision.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
While I am keeping the MME for my wife, going back to GM for my next EV, there is no way I would get the Lightning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would you still buy the Mach E today? 1671827559487

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If I were in the market today, I’d probably go with the Ioniq 5. A 2023 MME, like mine, is $72K, including sales tax. It’s not worth that to me. Aside from the software issues, and terrible dealer experiences, I like my MME. It’s been a great car, and a lot of fun.

For my next EV, I’m looking for something more luxurious with 3-rows. I was hoping for a 3-row from Ford or Lincoln, but they’re delayed until at least 2025. I put a deposit on the 2024 Volvo EX90. It looks like one I could live with for a long time.
Sponsored