Your next EV

doogie63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
With the laughable price of $800 for BC. What will be your next EV after your 3 years trail expires? I predict in 3 years when there's new technology, with longer battery range, quicker charge, better self driving, ect... And over price BC people will be trading in their Mach-E for new EV. But I don't think they will be Ford after screwing the price.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Honestly, the BC subscription rates are just the last straw. In and of itself HFBC is a convenience feature that I don't really need; what worries me is that the HVBJB feels like a ticking time bomb. I took a 4 year options loan specifically because I was hoping for significant battery and other improvements by 2025, and liked the idea that I had a minimum value at that time. My intention was to get another Ford (hopefully an improved EV Mustang, possibly a convertible).

Now I'm going to wait and see what else is available in the 4Q24/1Q25 timeframe.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Too hard to tell with the way things are advancing at the moment. I will consider all options including a Tesla next time. I am a first-time Ford customer and it was a little rocky to start but happy with my decision so far.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Too hard to tell with the way things are advancing at the moment. I will consider all options including a Tesla next time. I am a first-time Ford customer and it was a little rocky to start but happy with my decision so far.
I am generally very happy with my car despite the weird bugs, which should be expected for a new release. What is wearing thin is that Ford has no way to report those bugs nor rollout fixes reliably, and we're into the third year of the car's lifecycle. If they want to start charging premium rates for software, they need to do better.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
With the laughable price of $800 for BC. What will be your next EV after your 3 years trail expires? I predict in 3 years when there's new technology, with longer battery range, quicker charge, better self driving, ect... And over price BC people will be trading in their Mach-E for new EV. But I don't think they will be Ford after screwing the price.
I'd be interested in keeping my Mach E after the Options if Ford starts sale of an EV Explorer SUV similar to the 2017 model. I'm not feeling the smaller European variant.

Regarding the BC, this is a nice to have, but is near the bottom of my list as I almost never use it and i don't do long road trips. I used it a couple times (for a few minutes) just to test it out. I prefer to drive without it.

Beyond that though, I really like the Audi, Mercedes and BMW offerings and will consider either when I am ready to get a new EV.

Last edited:

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I dont know what EV I will buy next. After having 2 Ford Mach E's and watching what is going on with Ford. Well, I am not sure it will be a Ford. I still follow the threads here. Read the comments. Seems many are shying away from Ford.

Schox

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 x 2022 MME LR/ER AWD
Country flag
My next car: no idea - might be a Ford - we don't have BC - so that's not any argument against - BOCN - will not pay for the service in it's current state (useless) - we're almost a year behind in OTA - witch is kinda frustrating.
Can tell what it isn't going to be:
Tesla (unless they change the philosophy of the car)
Hyundai (Unless they get another local dealer)
KIA (same as Hyundai)
Any German car (unless they start advertising complete cars - (Ohh you wanted head lights? That's a service for $100/mo or you can buy it for $5000))
Toyota - I'm old, but not that old

But owning the MME (2x) hasn't put me off Ford - and I don't have a plan to sell them before anything better come along.
I hope they up their OTA game - but fear that they will be in a fragmented hell of maintaining an increasing number of variants that is unsustainable in a short while - they are don't look like they have designed the software for a sustainable development life.

sneakyyy_sneak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Extended battery
Country flag
I have owned two Mach-Es, and I already went back to a Volvo. My next EV will probably be a Volvo EV as well. I love smaller SUVs, but the Mach-E felt too small for me. I really enjoyed the first one given the fact that I was the first in my area and was such a novelty. By the second time around I lost my interest in it. Can’t wait to see what more options we have as far as EVs go in a few years.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Not looking to switch because of BlueCruise. But in like 5-7 years when it's time to replace my Explorer I'd be seriously looking at the Ford EV Explorer (depends on the DCFC infrastructure in the UP of Michigan too).

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Macan EV or iX3. I like the size, but can’t deal with Ford’s quality and dealer / after sales network. I’m happy to pay a bit extra to get better service and performance.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
8 to 10 years to dwell on this. Maybe something like a Maverick.