SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We are keeping the Mustang for a long, long time. I have approximately zero interest in any kind of autopilot, so the BC pricing foolishness doesn't mean anything to me.

We're looking to add to the stable. Our next EV may be a second Mustang. Or it will be a truck with a real towing range of at least 250 miles. It depends on the race condition of our savings account vs used Mustang price decreases vs availability of a pickup with the range we need and the price we can afford.

I don't have brand loyalty, but I am picky about where I spend my money. As long as brand t keeps its current CEO, I won't buy anything from them. And I would never buy the CT in its current fugliness even if they do finally get an adult as CEO.
Sponsored

Blackpony

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I said in the thread about Ford saying that it was going to make BC an $800 subscription based program, when that day comes I will be looking at what else is available on the market. Not a good move Ford!

Reactions: TTF

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
the BlueCruise pricing drama has no impact on me or my future buying decisions - it's a ford pricing exercise that they are fumbling with its first adopters so that isn't great. i'm more interested in how they handle the software stability and updates overall. i generally keep my cars for a long time (current 335i is a 2007) so we'll see how well the Mach-E holds up.

i do like watching a spectacular train wreck though... šŸ˜Ž

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Next car is a '26 Mach E GTPE. It has:

-Vehicle to Home/Vehicle to Load
-130kWh Extended Battery
-800 volt architecture
-2 speed gearbox
-Unrestricted acceleration.
-Optional Solar Roof
-Pet Mode
-Voice commanded Frunk/Trunk opening.

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Most likely not a Ford. But that has nothing to do with bluecruise.

dtonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler 300s, Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
We are keeping the Mustang for a long, long time. I have approximately zero interest in any kind of autopilot, so the BC pricing foolishness doesn't mean anything to me.

We're looking to add to the stable. Our next EV may be a second Mustang. Or it will be a truck with a real towing range of at least 250 miles. It depends on the race condition of our savings account vs used Mustang price decreases vs availability of a pickup with the range we need and the price we can afford.

I don't have brand loyalty, but I am picky about where I spend my money. As long as brand t keeps its current CEO, I won't buy anything from them. And I would never buy the CT in its current fugliness even if they do finally get an adult as CEO.
Ford needs to offer a "subtract BlueCruise Hardware" option for a significant credit, because I feel the same...little if any interest in a car that kinda-sorta-drives-itself-as-long-as-you-are-ready-to save-yourself.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
We canned an order for a pricey BMW when they announced they would be doing this last year and decided if Ford did it, we would probably not keep the GTPE at the end of the 4-year Options plan.

We love the GTPE and drive the hell out of it, but with the expensive pay-to-use existing architecture of the car, I would be too worried about what they will decide to charge for next and that it would impact the ability to sell the car.

The next one will likely not be a Ford, which will surprise friends and family considering we also have two nicely modded STs sitting in the stable next to the GTPE. My very first car was a used Ford and my first new car I bought completely on my own was a ZX2 that I loved.

Tesla is off the table, but I disliked their vehicles long before their current CEO decided to up his hate game a few notches. The others will depend on the style and technology being utilized. I think 2025 will be the start of some crazy EV innovations and I cannot wait to see what starts hitting the market in '26 and beyond.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Ford needs to offer a "subtract BlueCruise Hardware" option for a significant credit, because I feel the same...little if any interest in a car that kinda-sorta-drives-itself-as-long-as-you-are-ready-to save-yourself.
I wouldn't mind that, but not just on the lowest level trim, which is where I would expect them to do this...or at least provide a delete option even if I get an AWD, ER trim.

Personally, I don't think there have been enough miles driven for any ML algorithm to have been appropriately trained for autopilot. My statistical calculations say we need a minimum of about 10 billion miles of driving to train a single algorithm before it'll be ready for any sort of autonomous capability except in very limited circumstances. From what I can find, all of the self-driving brands combined have achieved much, much less than a billion miles, so we're nowhere near where we need to be. And we know they're not sharing with each other.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My choice has nothing to do with BC as the only car I've ever driven with it has been the Mach-E and I lived a pretty happy life before BC existed so I think I'll be just fine if the next one doesn't have it (or Supercruise or FSD for that matter).

Our requirement (as I keep harping on LOL) is that the car be towable (flat towable would be preferable).

Thus if I had to choose a new car today to replace the Mach-E it would be a PHEV Escape as that has a plug and is flat towable. If they ever produced a Maverick with a plug (either PHEV or full BEV) that was towable it would be that.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I normally trade my vehicle every 2 years anyway (have kept a couple for 3, and one, the Lincoln MKZ, for 5). BC isn't a factor for me. The deciding factor for me regarding my next vehicle will be charging speed, software features, looks and comfort (most important). Range, while important, isn't really a deciding factor for me either. Top of my list of possible replacements are the KIA EV6 or Genesis GV70 (EV). I think we will see a lot of EV advancements in 2024 leading to the 2025 models being very enticing, so I will probably keep the MME for another year at least (my BC/NAV don't expire until 11/24)

Of course if Ford joins everyone else in increasing charge speed, working out some of their bugs, adding some new features, etc. The MME will remain my first choice.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
With the laughable price of $800 for BC. What will be your next EV after your 3 years trail expires? I predict in 3 years when there's new technology, with longer battery range, quicker charge, better self driving, ect... And over price BC people will be trading in their Mach-E for new EV. But I don't think they will be Ford after screwing the price.
I want to follow the Dodge Charger EV. See how that develops in a year or two.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Unknown. I plan on keeping my 2021 GT-PE for a while. Depends on whatā€™s available in the market and if I feel itā€™s overall more appealing than what I have (and whether the additional monetary outlay is worth the difference). My car canā€™t use BCHF so its anticipated new subscription is not an issue. I donā€™t have brand loyalty since my brand has been dead for nearly 2 decades. As to what will be more appealing in several years, who knows? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I feel pretty burned by Ford with this pricing announcement. It's a pretty simple bait-and-switch, and it's not the experience I was expecting when purchasing my first Ford. This is the most recent aggravation, but not the only one.

There are a lot of EV options out there now, and in the last year I feel that Ford has done very little to inspire brand loyalty while it has managed to do a few things to push me away. So my next EV will very likely be a different brand. I still have 2 more years of Ford Options (and BCHF), so maybe they'll surprise me. Or maybe they'll just quadruple the subscription price again in the meantime.
Sponsored