mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Does anyone know if the railcar used when leaving Cuautitlán via KCS will be the same railcar headed out of KC on either CSX or UP, i.e. are they possibly batching deliveries to states to minimize one by one transfers in KC? I've been assuming not, but according to KCS, the railcar my MME is/was on arrived in Kansas City around Halloween, but there's been no VVR updates since 19 Oct., and Palsapp continues to show pending. Really frustrating. The Order Tracker was giving a Nov. 5 ETA and we're now 3 weeks on since then with absolute info blackout during this interval.
That's crazy. I doubt the rail car number stays the same even if they transfer the car to another rail line. MMEs usually take 2-3 weeks to get to the dealer from KC, depending on where the dealership is located of course. Where is your dealer?

The 11/3 date is (was) reasonable and it is crazy your car has not been delivered yet. They have to drive the car to load it on to the carrier so it is possible you have a dead LVB and the car is sitting waiting for Ford to jump start the battery. That has happened to other forum members.

Ask your dealer to have Ford search for it. They probably won't find it, but it is worth a shot.
Sponsored

TargaGone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Crosstrek, 2018 Impeza wagon, 2022 Tucson Hyb
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
It is unlikely that a car would stay on the same railcar except if was reloaded on the same car by chance. Odds, I would guess, are 1:10 to 1:30 given the number of cars per train and other arriving trains. An equal number of railcars need to eventually head south empty.
Take a look at the Google Maps link that I posted above. If I don my satellite imagery hat I see lines of MachEs pointing away from the train unloading area and toward a staging area. I conjecture that all cars come there from Mexico (even the ones bound for Texas eventually) the big staging area group is likely for cars heading on trains West and East. The scattered ones south of the big group may be assembling for truck delivery in the Midwest or onto trains with delivery points short of the coasts. Being a dropyard porter for a week would be a blast to drive the cars and figure out this complex system.

Last edited:

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
Does anyone know if the railcar used when leaving Cuautitlán via KCS will be the same railcar headed out of KC on either CSX or UP, i.e. are they possibly batching deliveries to states to minimize one by one transfers in KC? I've been assuming not, but according to KCS, the railcar my MME is/was on arrived in Kansas City around Halloween, but there's been no VVR updates since 19 Oct., and Palsapp continues to show pending. Really frustrating. The Order Tracker was giving a Nov. 5 ETA and we're now 3 weeks on since then with absolute info blackout during this interval.
I was in the same place you are. VVR last update was Oct 19. Dealer confirmed that it did ship October 21 and was to be delivered week of Nov 14 and it wasn't. Toward the end of the week I spoke with a sales manager and he said he would call the rail company to see if they can track it, two days after I stopped by the dealer and spoke with him, he said it was on a railcar on hold somewhere. Then Monday Nov 22 palsapp changed from Null pending to the dealers name, two days later Wednesday it showed dispatched. I am next state over from KC and it was delivered Friday Nov 26.
You should have dealer sales manager call rail company.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I was in the same place you are. VVR last update was Oct 19. Dealer confirmed that it did ship October 21 and was to be delivered week of Nov 14 and it wasn't. Toward the end of the week I spoke with a sales manager and he said he would call the rail company to see if they can track it, two days after I stopped by the dealer and spoke with him, he said it was on a railcar on hold somewhere. Then Monday Nov 22 palsapp changed from Null pending to the dealers name, two days later Wednesday it showed dispatched. I am next state over from KC and it was delivered Friday Nov 26.
You should have dealer sales manager call rail company.
Thanks @TargaGone and @Sam Sme. Delivery is to Livermore Ford, Livermore CA. I've been expecting Palsapp to show the transfer to UP for a run to Stockton, CA, but since it continues to show no joy, I've been getting a bit worried. The dealer supplied the VVR Information at the end of Oct, and a "non-update" on the 19th of Nov. They don't seem to have any more insight than the VVR.

The LVB issue makes some sense, but would seem ironic given that it was only a 10 day run from Mex to KC and they managed to load it on the railcar after sitting on the lot from July 9th to Oct 19th. For giggles I swung by the dealership last Mon. and a guy on the lot said they only give deliveries of a few cars at a clip every 2-3 weeks, so in addition to the logistics issues of getting the car to Cali, it sounds like getting it from Stockton to Livermore, could add even more time. Ugh.

JESSIE

First Name
JESSIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EQUINOX, VOLVO. WAITING FOR MME
Country flag
That particular version of tracker relies on being able to parse order number from the window sticker. When the window sticker is not available, you have to use others that allow you to enter an order number manually. For some of us the window sticker may "disappear" for a period of time - in my case it disappeared about a month after my car was sent to the chip hold purgatory, before re-appearing two months later when the order status finally switched to "built" this morning.
did u get your car yet? mine shipped the same day....still waiting

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
did u get your car yet? mine shipped the same day....still waiting
Still waiting here. It sat in KC for more than a week before departing on Wednesday, 11/24; it arrived Decatur, IL on Thanksgiving Day but then enjoyed three days off in Illinois, before entering Indiana early this morning. It arrived Ohio an hour ago. The previous train departed KC on 11/22 and arrived New Castle, DE/Port of Wilmington on 11/26, which was record fast,, but as of now there is no sign that any vehicles have been unloaded yet.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Any luck/word about your car? Nothing on my end…
If your car was on the November 22 train, then it already reached New Castle/Port of Wilmington last Friday afternoon, November 26; if your car is on the November 24 train as mine is, then it sat in Illinois from Thursday through Sunday and is currently in Ohio. Good luck!

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
If your car was on the November 22 train, then it already reached New Castle/Port of Wilmington last Friday afternoon, November 26; if your car is on the November 24 train as mine is, then it sat in Illinois from Thursday through Sunday and is currently in Ohio. Good luck!
Did you call in order to locate the train containing your car? My dealership hasn't been the pinnacle of customer service, unfortunately.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Weird… does that mean it’s not on a train?
No it means I can't even search your VIN on the forum VIN tracker. Nothing loads. Did you provide me the correct VIN?
Sponsored